RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I live in Asia and this product is twice the price here compared to the US which is a huge bummer. It has a lot of product in it and I think this will last me for three to four months, which I guess justifies its price. It will really make your face matte, but the claim of keeping it matte for about five hours is not true to me, especially if you really have oily skin which is my case. I have only been using this underneath a bb cream and not matte foundations so I guess that could be the reason. With BB creams this only keeps me matte 1-3 hours max depending on how much I sweat. It's a good product but I don't really see the hype on this at all - it does the same as any other matte pressed powders or even just normal pressed powders. It makes my face look cakey if I put too much, and it has a weird annoying old lady bath soap scent that I actually hate (you will only smell it if this product itself is close to your nose dont worry about it). The packaging is a minus as well, very fragile and inconvenient in my opinion. I might buy again because of its quantity.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this powder! It's quite sheer compared with other powders I have like the L.A. Girl Ultimate Powder which is super heavy and cakey, and the MAC Studio Fix which oxidizes and looks really weird on my skin unfortunately :( I wear the colour 004 Sandstorm and its a really good match for me, it does a good ob of mattifying my very oily skin and I don't find that it fades or oxidizes which is awesome! I do still reapply on hot days when my skin needs a little more help but mostly because I'm paranoid that my face is shiny :) Only downside is the packaging, I think I've dropped 3 of these babies and every single one smashed, so if the packaging gets changed then this H.G. product will get a perfect review. And for the price you really can't go wrong!!

on 3/4/2017 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

An average powder that's good to get when on sale as I did. A thin layer is all i need otherwise it can seperate my makeup but if im careful with it and blend well it controls shine nicely

on 2/25/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Does the job. It doesn't do anything special. Sets the makeup, but there is a lot of other powders that do a much better job, but for the price it's a reasonable powder

Cons:
- Shades. Even for pale skin the color is too yellow, I've tried another shade, but it wasn't a perfect match either
- It can look cakey. I think this is a heavy powder, compared to others that I have. I only use it to set makeup. It's very rare to use it to touch up makeup, because I don't like to layer this product, it looks too heavy
- Doesn't look good on dry patches
- Doesn't blur fine lines.
- It's looks drying
- It claims that it controls oils, but I think it does a average job doing that. Yes it helps, kind of. I have other powders that don't claim that and do the same job. I think it's a hyped product. But for the price I'd buy it again.

on 2/24/2017 11:15:00 AM

A cheap, basic powder. Nothing special, does the job.

Yuck. This is the worst powder I've ever tried in my life. As soon as I apply it, it makes any area I've applied it on look super dry and cakey, and makes any foundation underneath almost look like it's separated. It doesn't control oil AT ALL. I used to have dry skin, but I had combo skin when I tried this, and my gosh, my skin was an oil slick within an hour, and my skin takes at least a few hours to start getting oil WITHOUT a powder.

on 2/15/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My holy grail powder! I use this on a daily basis and have gone through a lot of them. I have been using this for the last couple of years now and has absolutely helped my oily skin stay matte. I use to this in 'Peach Glow' when I first started using it but realized it was too pink toned for me, for the past year I have been using 'Sandstorm' and it fits me perfectly. Whether I wear this with a liquid/mousse foundation or just by itself with the stay matte primer, this never fails to impress me. I have a handful of high-end baked powders and this overrules all of them in my makeup bag. I also just bought the stay matte mousse foundation today and will do a review on that too when I get the chance to wear it.

on 2/12/2017 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am really trying to like this product but sadly don't :(
its veryyy powdery and it amplifies pores and pimples. for me it didn't control the oils at all, it only mattifies my skin when I apply it but an hour later I am oily again even though my skin is not very oily so it should stay matte for hours

on 2/10/2017 9:51:00 AM

I hate to affect the ratings here, but this product caused me to break out. I had been breaking out lately and I couldn't figure out why. And looked at all the products I was using, and realized the only change I made was adding this product to my makeup. It's otherwise a good product for a great price. I will have to find another mattifying powder to help with my T-Zone during the day.

on 2/10/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great powder for oily skin! It doesn't break me out which is also the main reason why I repurchase this product. I get oily after some hours but I didn't expect anything else at this price. Also I really love the smell of it and how it feels on my skin. However many complained about the packing and I can totally understand why. While it isn't a tacky packing it is sooo fragile! It can break to easy so you have to be extra careful with it....