RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

on 10/13/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought it based on rave reviews on YouTube..
This is definitely not a good fit for normal- dry skin types.
this powder give a good coverage & it’s great for the buffing technique. However, it’s extremely mattifying & powdery looking, my normal-dry skin can’t bear that feel & look.
Despite the name “translucent” it have some yellowish tint which bright the color of the foundation. So, if u don’t mind that and need some oil control in a DS price its a good option, just not for me.

Love this powder!!! I use it everyday to setting my foundation and to blott throughout the day. I have been using it for over 4 years now. Also I recommend it to all my friends ❤

on 9/14/2017 9:33:00 AM

I didn't like this powder at all. No matter how little I applied, it always looked cakey (even after spraying my face with some setting spray, the kinda heavy, powdery look didn't dissapear). I have normal skin which becomes a bit oily throughout the day and this powder did not make my face stay matte longer than it does without powder. I am sorry this did not worked for me, 'cause it's so inexpensive and it seems to work for everyone else.

This product claims to be matte and it does do a great job of keeping the skin matte. After a few uses, I started to notice tiny flecks of glitter in the powder. I'm sure if this is intentional on Rimmel's part or not, but it was very frustrating after buying a product with so much YouTube hype. There is a slight scent that seems to dissipate once applied to the skin. It seemed cakey when first applied to the skin but once I set my entire face with setting spray it looked better. I'm not sure if I would repurchase this product but I did like the fact that it was not an expensive powder.

on 8/30/2017 10:58:00 AM

Very bad packaging but the actual product is awesome. It does what it says: your oily areas WILL stay matte. Some people find it cakey but I have found a way to minimize this effect. I like to put a lot of this powder with a sponge in my whole face (I have oily combo skin) and THEN take a clean, big powder brush with soft bristles ( I use the ecotools powder brush) to blend and take away the extra product in my face. I do not bake with this technique but this helps me have a flawless finish and helps reduce the appearance of my pores, as well. This powder has a slightest but pleasant smell. Very good value for money and good staying power.

on 8/24/2017 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Been using it for more than 4 years.

Very cheap and very very good product with good staying power.

Even if I have dry skin, I do sometimes get shiny on my T-zone and this powder prevents that.
Never had problems with it, like breakouts or anything.

I really hope they do not discontinue this product but they should make the packaging better. It is very easy to break it.

It does mattify the skin but leaves it cakey if you put too much and even when you touch up after a few hours (which you'll need to) as this powder only does it's job for an hour—2 tops. It can also accentuate fine lines and dry spots on the face.

on 8/18/2017 9:53:00 AM

I love this as a finishing product. My nose gets shiny so I just dab it on my nose and forehead and go.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm on my second one and i use the natural shade. I bought it for 3.99 at Target. First of all, how many powders with that much product can you get so cheap? But that's not even why i love it.
I expect a lot out of my powders. I want to be able to use it over primer and be done when I'm in a hurry. This one stands up to the challenge. All shine is gone, and it even covers quite a bit of the redness from my occasional pimple. I'm not trying to say it covers completely alone, but it does a hell of a job. Later in the day i dust a bit more on and my face looks good again.
Yea the packaging sucks, its cheap, but so is the price. Eventually my first lid cracked and then the powder did too. But but then it was pretty low and i was still able to use it at home as a loose powder. I really love Rimmel.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I had bought this thinking it was going to be amazing and life hanging for me but I just don't like it. It clings to all of my dry spots and makes my face look cakey. It did keep my skin very nice and matte throughout the whole day and made my makeup last long though. For people with very oily skin I would definitely recommend this but to those with dry patches just be weary!!