RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wasn't expecting much from this powder considering the price, but I do like Rimmel's other products so I decided to give it a go. I love it! It applies so nicely and lasts quite a long time. It doesn't make my skin look flakey or dry, which is fantastic in a pressed powder. I'm almost glad it didn't come with a puff but I do wish the top was more secure.

on 12/1/2002 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this powder! I bought this powder because it was the cheapest I could find (I needed powder and I wasn't getting paid for another couple of days!) I have pretty oily skin and find that this powder takes care of that problem. It goes on easily and I find that I don't need to reapply during the day at all. I don't mind the fact that it doesn't come with it's own puff or mirror, I just wish the top was a little higher so I could still close it even with my own puff on top. Oh well, the fact that it works so incredible makes up for that!

on 11/14/2002 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! I have very oily skin and always have a hard time finding a powder that will keep the oil at bay. Although I like the Clinique loose powder, this is so much cheaper. Where can you get powder for $6.00 Cdn anywhere now? It stays on, doesn't change colour or get cakey, and I rarely have to blot now. My only complaint is that they don't include a puff with the powder. I have the same complaint for their eyeshadows--no brush! Very happy with this product, though.

on 10/17/2002 9:06:00 PM

This is so great! the screw top thing is a nuisance, but can you complain? it's $3! when I use a powder brush on this pressed powder, it doesn't crumble on me, like CG does. when i'm doing a simple face, concealer and this nice powder is all i need! i'm MAC NC20 and I wear transparent. no white sheen at all. *EDIT* i noticed that it's a little uneven on my skin and make some rough patches and looks funny.... won't buy this again :o(

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG powder. I have transluesant, and it seals my makeup for all day wear. Its also cheap. Just wish it came w/ a puff or something.

on 4/1/2002 1:24:00 PM

This is a good powder but not very accurately named IMHO. The Stay Matte name is sure to appeal to those with oily skin, but the finish is not that matte to begin with. This is really no surprise when you look at the ingredients and find petrolatum, silicone, coconut oil and mineral oil. Why Rimmel would put ingredients such as these in a mattifying powder is beyond me. If you have oily skin and are looking to control shine I would definitely skip this powder, but it is an option for dry skin types wanting to "set" their foundation.

on 3/29/2002 4:45:00 PM

This stuff is wonderful. It's the best powder I have ever used. It covers exactly like it should and says it does. The only thing I didnt really like about it, was that it didnt come with anything to apply it with, or a mirror. But this is going to be the only powder I ever buy again.

on 2/2/2002 12:23:00 AM

This is a great powder for CHEAP! This is a pressed powder, but I've been using it with my Bare Escentuals brush over foundation. It gives a really nice matte finish that lasts all day. It's also a nice change from loose powder because it's not so messy. Highly recommended, especially for the price.

on 1/27/2002 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked the way this applied, but later on as the day wore on I thought this looked cakey and my face was a bit shiny. I like my MAC Blot much better than this.

on 12/9/2001 1:43:00 AM

This is my favorite powder! It doesn't break me out, it has a better amount of coverage than MACs blot powder, and it gives me a silky matte finish.