e.l.f. Soothing Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this lip gloss in Pink Lemonade for $1.00 at Target. It smelled really bad and the color wasn't that great. The color is a really dull pink and it washed me out. Let's just say that I'm glad that I didn't pay more than a dollar for it. I would not buy this again.

I'm asian, have this in Pink Lemonade and Chai.

I love Chai for it's smell and soft nude colour, Pink lemonade is nice too, brightens up my face but the smell is awful! Too minty? I highly recommend the moisture care lip colour than this is P.Lemonade though.

I got this lip gloss in Pink Lemonade, and it gave the cutest pink sheen I've ever seen (on myself, haha). It's a really small tube, and it's rather goopy, but for $1 makeup, how can you say no? I was really sad to discover that I had twisted it too far and cracked the top. So it had to go in the garbage, but I wasn't too brokenhearted because I could just buy another, no problem! :)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This gloss is absoloutely fabulous! Like so many others I have it in Mauve Luxe, a great color that works on everyone. The smell is minty and the gloss is smooth an moisturizing. A great buy, well worth more than the money, and highly recommended to EVERYONE.

on 2/23/2006 12:12:00 PM

Love this in Mauve Luxe, very natural looking.

on 2/5/2006 3:07:00 AM

I only paid a dollar for Mauve Luxe Soothing Lip Gloss at Target. Yeah it was dirt cheap and the color looked beautiful. I really didn't expect anything but I was wrong. It's pretty good for the price I paid. The texture and smell was ok. It didn't wear off easily. The quality is not like stila's lip gloss but it's cheap and not bad at all.

on 1/16/2006 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

Wowzers. I thought I'd hate this brand, seeing a lot of the negative reviews. However, I love this colour and formula, and...the price.

Okay: this product is a small tube of rather thick lipgloss. You use a rather honestly shabby applicator. I love the smell, which is a sugary mint.

It's interesting that the products cost only one dollar. The packaging is nice, the outer packing material is flashy, and the product is good. It says that they don't test on animals and they support charity, dunno how much that is true. In any case, it's a great line. You can get their stuff on http://www.eyeslipsface.com or at some Target stores.

I bought this one in Chai. It's a nice tannish, yellowish nude that is surprisingly wearable. It can either be sheer or very opaque if you layer it. The taste and smell are lovely. It's also very conditioning and lasts awhile on the lips. There is a minty tingle that feels refreshing. I like this colour and I'm very pale and cool-toned, but I imagine it would work on a lot of skin colours since it's only a very subtle yellowish.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I picked up 3 of these at Target & for a buck apiece (Pink Lemonade, Natural Blush, Mauve Luxe) they're not bad, not bad at all. I personally don't smell, taste or feel ANY vanilla-mint as the package claimed (even on bare lips), but on the plus side they don't smell or taste like anything. All shades are more pigmented and stickier than I expected, lasting awhile after application and felt fairly moisturizing. The main thing I dislike is the applicator; the slanted flocked tip sometimes swivels around with the dial on the bottom to dispense, so half the time it's facing the wrong way until you fix it. For a buck though, did I really expect more? The answer, clearly, is no. However, I have a bazillion glosses/balms already so now that my curiosity is sated I won't be buying these again.

on 9/2/2005 7:23:00 PM

i really like this gloss. i take points off because of the smell though [says it's supposed to be sugar peppermint, but it smells like tea tree oil to me]. can't smell it after application though, which is good. i got the shade 'chai' which is a shimmerless, sheer nude gloss. i think it looks great! definitely not disappointed, after shelling out a buck for it. i will probably repurchase when i run out, because this has been one of the few nude glosses that look right with my skin tone.

on 8/19/2005 3:37:00 AM

I bought Pink Lemonade. The color is a shimmery pinky-peach. The shimmer is not chunky glitter thank goodness. It goes on smoothly,no gritty feel and it's slightly sheer. The consistancy is fairly sticky which I prefer. It lasted a long time. There is an extremely slight sweet peppermint scent and no taste. My lips tingled for a moment then it was gone. The applicator is a slanted sponge tip which I love but I have a feeling this tube is going to leak. When I put the applicator back in the tube it overflows a bit around the top. Still I love it so I would buy it again.