Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 8/19/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've reviewed Paw Paw in other listings here so I've copied and pasted my review here.

It really is a cure all. I first learned about Paw Paw while working in the camping industry. My friends from Australia would always have it and whenever anyone had a cut or rash they would lend us some Paw Paw for it. It would clear it up in a few days for the more severe reactions. For bug bites and minor scratches it would work immediately. Itching would stop right away and blisters and bites would clear up within a day.

As a lip balm- it's great for severely dry lips, blisters and cuts. It soothes them immediately. Just beware that since it doesn't have SPF you may be prone to burning in the sun. Other than this, there really isn't any drawback to it.

Once, I was backpacking in Europe and got an awful blister on my foot. It was really really painful. Luckily, I was in a hostel room with some Aussie's so I sucked it up and asked if they had any Paw-Paw on them. Of course they did. They never go anywhere without it. When they saw my blister they lent me their extra tube for the rest of my trip! It cleared it up in about three days and I kept using it to keep from developing any more blisters. Best backpacking hookup ever!

For a while I had my friends send me Paw Paw or I'd order it in on Ebay. Now, I'm really grateful it's sold in the states (albeit at a markup) so I can have it all the time. I literally never leave home without it. It's in every purse, bag, drawer I have (in various sizes). I've turned my sister onto it too and she keeps it close by for my nephews bug bites and her own occasional bites and hives. I've even used it in my hair once or twice for the annoying fly away when I ran out of hair oil. If you can't Paw Paw it- then you are in trouble.

on 8/10/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Decent ointment, but nothing amazing. It bothers me how much they charge for this when it is pretty much petroleum jelly with a tiny bit of paw paw and if I go to my local health store they sell a variety of paw paw ointments that have a higher concentration of paw paw and still sell for cheaper. They usually have other beneficial ingredients too. Saying that, I think this would be a beneficial moisturiser for lips if you don't naturally have dry skin. Everyone can get chapped lips but if you are prone to dryness then constant lip balm is a must and in those cases petroleum just doesn't cut it. Did nothing for my lips. I need something that also helps to soothe and heal lips and judging from this ingredient list I'm not surprised that this product isn't sufficient for me. If you aren't as dry then an occlusive like this is going to work great. I have been trying to find other uses for this and am currently using it as a heel balm but it isn't something I would buy again for myself.

This is the best lip balm I've ever used, bar none.
I've been using only semi-matte and matte lipsticks for almost 5 years now, and we all know that they can suck the moisture out of lips and because of that, the texture and condition of lips can suffer. Not to worry, for this little baby takes care of my lips wonderfully! I slather my lips with this before I do my makeup, and when I'm ready to apply my lip color, I take a tissue and blot off the excess, and then carefully paint my lips. Nothing makes my lipsticks stay on like this elixir, and no chapping/flaking occurs!
I'm currently using the one in tube form, and there's still plenty of product left. It'll probably last me for another year! Will forever be repurchasing this. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is basically the golden elixir of smooth, baby lips. My bestfriend got a 75g tub from Australia for me last year and I've been using it everyday ever since. My usual lipbalms are Burt's bees, Fresh and EOS and they're all amazing, but none of them is as affordable as Papaw's.
Because of the tub and the oily texture I usually only use this at home. I put a glob of product before I sleep and the next morning all the painful peeling/cracking/tenderness is gone.
Oh, the only downside is that due to the climate where I live in (singapore), sometimes the product melts feels a bit gross. But nonetheless it's still best thing ever.

on 7/8/2015 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Lucas' Papaw Ointment was such an anti-climax for my lips. Was I really using the same product that has been raved about? It is glorified petroleum jelly. I might as well have bought Vaseline for a fraction of the cost. Initially when I put some on my lips are moist and faintly tingly but not so long after they are dried out worse than before. Chronic application temporarily "solves" this.

The ointment has proven to perform better on the hands. It softens and protects working hands.

on 6/26/2015 9:24:00 PM

This little tube is definitely my ultimate favourite lip balm. My whole life i have used so many balm brands i barely remember their name but i swear i will never forget this. Just a little sad that this sweetie is a local goody, not an outspread trend, which should have been already. But i love it i just love it so much.
At first when i applied it on my lips, it felt like i just ate something greasy and forgot to wipe my mouth, cuz it did feel a lil heavy. But then it started to dry up and didnt feel oily anymore. Just then i realised what it did to my dead-skin-covered lips. My lips felt absolutely moisturised and soft, like they were reborn. The greater thing was that, i just used a teny tiny little amount of the product, like half a drop or so, but it was still enuf to cover my full lips and kept them hydrated all night long. When i woke up, my lips was just like a dream. I saw no dead-skin on them anymore. Omg this is absolutely phenomenal.
I am not so much a fan of using my fingers to apply any kind of lipstick/balm, i always buy a stick, not a tub or a tube, but this got me on its edge and im totally in love with it that i can go at any length for it.
And it is undoubtedly worth the money.

on 6/8/2015 6:35:00 PM

I love this so much, I used this on my lips because they were so chapped to the point they kept cracking and bleeding (gross I know), but oh myyy this is my absolute holy grail lip balm!!

I put it on before bed and my lips are no longer chapped or sore! It's even healed the cuts on my lips!! Love love love this product so amazing and you can use it for so many other things!!

on 5/30/2015 5:15:00 AM

I had a friend in Australia send a couple of tubes and a tub to me in Texas after I read all the wonderful reviews. I love this stuff and never want to be without! I use it for everything, it makes the best lip balm and cuticle cream. I also use it on burns, blisters, cuts and scrapes and like that it moisturizes as it heals.

I recently burned my wrist using a curling wand and didn't realize how bad it was but did feel a lot of discomfort from my watch rubbing the burn. I put some of this on the burn, covered with a waterproof bandage and forgot about it until the bandage needed replacing a few days later. The blistered skin peeled off and the burn itself was nearly healed. I have been reapplying a couple times a day and leaving the bandage off, since the tender skin is already healing my watch no longer irritates the burn. This was pretty substantial since the burn was between the size of a nickel and quarter and located on the top of my wrist towards the inside.

I also suffer from dry and chapped lips and the use of this ointment has made my lips look wonderful. They are plump and moist with no visible flakes or cracks.

I'm pretty sure every family in Australia has a tube or tub of this tbh, it's actually part of our culture by this point. There is always a tub in the bathroom cabinet, a tube at the bottom of a school bag and at least 2 tubes half melted in the car. I always buy different lip balms just to try something new and I've always come back to this. An amazing product that works so well and incredibly quickly. I grew up with this product being slathered on my face from my dummy rash and i reckon I could recognise the smell and the packaging from the next continent.

Anyway, the pricing is good, the tube packaging is the best in my opinion, idk the tub just gets awkward and unless you're leaving it one place for it's whole life it'll just piss you off. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with not just chapped lips, but every other problematic skin disorder (probs not all but you know what i mean). I can't rave about this lip balm enough, IT IS INCREDIBLE

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Fantastic product. I was a bit tired of using regular lip balm so I decided to try something different, boy am I glad I did. Within the first few days of using my lips started to be hydrated instead of having to constantly put of 10 layers of regular old lip balm. Within the first few weeks? My lips were Amazing with a capital A.

Top Rated Lip Treatments