Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the best product to ever grace the face of this earth. If you don't like it, you have no soul.

on 6/21/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this for *counts* four years now and I'm not gonna stop buying it soon! It was first recommended to me by our family GP when I started getting some mild frostbite on my toes :/ along with other things I needed to do to get rid of the frostbite, I started using this ointment and it really helped! My lips also tends to crack and dry up during winter and this has helped too! Although it didn't help as much when I started getting REALLY dry lips after using Accutane (I started using Blistex Intensive Repair instead which helped a lot), this papaya ointment is still really good for typically dry lips and a good substitute for moisturiser for really cracked, dry areas of the skin. This doesn't even break my face out either when I've put this on my face and I break out with A LOT of products! I don't know if I'm imagining this either, but it also looks like my lips have a richer red colour when I use this on my lips. I thought the benefits of papaya ointment were a bit exaggerated at first, but in my experience, I guess not! Like this waaaay better than Vaseline to be honest.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Absolute essential. I put this on my lips every night before I go to bed and it works magic. I swear by this stuff AND a little bit goes a long way... love love love. Not a bad thing to say about it.

on 6/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years and continue to buy it over and over again. I apply this to my lips every night and wake up to smooth, moisturised lips. I think it also helps that after my shower I always gently exfoliate my lips with a towel.

The smell of this is ever so slightly sweet (papaw?) and the colour is tinged yellow but obviously goes on clear. Going back to the smell, I think it can sometimes vary. I bought one once that smelled so incredibly off, almost like a pile of rotting fruit, but I think that's a rare thing! The texture is viscous, similar to that off other petroleum jelly products. However, in hot weather, it tends to melt and become quite runny which is troublesome if you've got the tube.

I don't mind the tube packaging because it's convenient to carry around in my handbag. However, I rarely reapply during the day. Partly because this keeps my lips moisturised for a very long time especially when I'm not doing much, but mainly because I'm not crazy about using my fingers to apply lip products when I'm out and about.

The price is so-so. The smallest size (25g) is around $5, the 75g around $10 and the 200g around $20 (all AUD). I'm sure some people would much prefer just buying Vaseline at just a fraction of the cost. However, this ointment has done wonders for me and I can't bring myself to buy anything else.

It is certainly more cost effective to buy the two larger containers but there's a reason why I haven't yet. The idea of having to dip my fingers in to get the product doesn't seem too appealing. In saying that, I think I'll start buying the containers because I can leave a container on my bedside table while just carrying the smaller tube when I'm out.

This product is also wonderful for burns (there's been several times where I'm silly enough to touch a hot saucepan or kettle). After running the burn under cold water, I just slap some of this on and cover it with a bandaid. The next day, any burn feels a lot more soothed and it also heals well.

on 6/2/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My fave product for my lips and the occasional scar/burn.

on 5/30/2013 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love love Lucas pawpaw ointment, I have been repurchasing for years. This is the only lip product that keeps my lips smooth supple and uncracked. Especially In the winter time, and also in the summer too, it is inexpensive and works a treat. Highly recommended

This is the ONLY product that effectively keeps my lips from flaking right off in winter! If you're prone to super dry lips that flake, split and bleed in winter, then I'd recommend this!! It's a great multi-purpose ointment for anything from dry lips to cuts, scrapes, rash and dry feet/elbows/hands before bedtime. It has the texture of a thicker, denser petroleum jelly and is almost unscented to me. Will certainly continue to re-purchase. P.S I prefer the tube rather than the tub because it's more hygienic to use.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Best lip balm ever! I'm constantly reaching for it. No other lip balms compete.

I will always continue buying this product!!

on 5/20/2013 5:25:00 AM

Best lip balm ever. I put it on at night and in the morning I have the best looking and feeling lips ever. There is residue, when I put on other lip balms over-night it leaves some on the inside of my mouth but this does not. Feels thin, but is really really moisturising. I buy one of the big round tubs lasts about five years its great. A little goes a long way.You should get some!!

MAAAN! I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I got first got the Papaw Ointment tube from Woolworths 2 years ago in Winter. Reason why I got it was because I was flaking around my mouth since it was Winter and my skin was starting to dry out, ESPECIALLY the mouth area. My friend handed me her Lucas tube and at first I didn't know what the red tube did. I've seen these tubes in my school mates' pencil cases throughout my high school years and I never knew what they were or what they did.
My friend said that it could help get rid of the flaking. And it really did. I rubbed a little on (you only need a LITTLEEE! It goes a long way) and I just felt the flakes come off.
The down side is that it does have that semi-greasy feeling that Vaseline gives you (which I really don't like), but I can get over it.

So I rushed to Woolworths and bought the sucker.
Ever since then I've been using it as an "intensive lip balm" at night time when my lips need serious care. And when I wake up, it still kind of has that feeling where there's a film on your lips with vaseline-like grease, but you can just get rid of it with tissue. And then, voila! Super soft lips.

You can use this as a lip balm in your daily basis, but I don't only because I don't like that vaseline-like feeling on my lips. And the way the ointment comes out of the tube isn't my favourite way of putting lip BALM on my lips. I tend to go for the chapsticks. Or whatever lip balm comes in stick form.
But if you can tolerate it, go for it. Bring it out with you for some soft lips! (And to take care of the Winter baddies). The packaging isn't huge, so it's totally good to put in your bag/purse. Although the packaging wouldn't originally catch my eye, I like how simple it is.

I haven't used this on cuts before, so I don't have any experience on that.
I usually have dry lips, and I tend to peel them a lot. It's a really bad habit. But this really saves me for an intensive night treatment!
It's not a CHEAP "lip balm" because it's around $5-6, but in the long run, you get your money's worth, trust me.
I've had mine for 2 years, and it's less than half way, but still doing me good!