Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My mom loves this fragrance, and happened to spray some on my arm. It is absolutely awful! It smells cheap, and reminds me of the smell in a gas station bathroom. Yuck! I told her that I didn't like it, I'm only 20, not 80. Would not recommend!

on 10/19/2007 1:23:00 PM

L’Air du Temps reflects true romance and dream, the “Mood of the Time” after World War II when people longed for peace, liberty and free spirit after long strife. This scent reminds me of sweet memory when I was a child living with my grandmother and my aunt who adored this scent. It makes me feel “at home”, with warmth and protection as if these two ladies were still with me. Of course this is “old school” but in a very nice way. It’s like a song in your heart, poetic, dreamy and enchanting, something I imagine a very refined and ethereal lady in flowing chiffon would wear. I smell the fresh, green opening and the floral heart. The character of flower is soft, sweet and alluring, with the combination of sumptuous white bouquet and soft rose. The drydown is earthy and spicy, a little bit soapy but still very nice. Too bad I can’t spray this directly on my skin, cause it will turns to this rotten flower smell. I have to spray it on my clothes instead…such a bad chemistry. After all, this is truly a gem. Don’t care about someone calling this “old lady”, as I’m in my 20s and dislike strong and cloying aldehyde-powdery note of fragrances in the same era, but this is different and truly worth a try for everyone who appreciates the art of perfumery.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really do want to like this. I love the pretty bottle, and the scent is nice. Very floral, very carnation-y, and I've always liked the smell of carnations so I do like this. I can detect other powdery florals, and a very soft hint of a sandalwood, almost musky note (but not quite, it's very faint). I like to wear this when I feel feminine and soft and like a flower. It's a definite classic that reminds me of springtime.

The problem is....this just does not last on me. When I first apply it, I can smell it for maybe an hour, ninety minutes...and then it's like it disappears. I can't detect even a hint of it. It might still be there, but wow....what a fast drydown, on me anyway. It's pretty stong when first applied, but it dries down and...away. I might try a larger bottle sometime to see if that helps (I have a small, trial-sized bottle).

on 8/1/2007 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I inherited my bottle when my Grandmother passed away. I began wearing it when I wanted to feel close to her but continued past the point of my greatest grief because I like it all on my own. It's a slightly spicy, carnation-dominated, and powdery floral. I especially like the soft sandalwood base and the somewhat offbeat moment during the drydown, where it smells more jarringly bright than soft and soothing. A classic in all senses of the word, and one I will wear every time I need to remember how much I have been loved.

on 6/25/2007 12:46:00 PM

I love this scent. On me, it's very light and slightly floral, a wonderful scent that makes me feel confident and sexy. It's the only scent I've worn that other women have consistently complimented and say they'd like to try (And men have complimented.) Chanel No. 5 has a similar smell but is a little stronger--better for night time.

on 5/13/2007 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This reminds me of Chanel no. 5. It is a totally cloying slickly sweet stomach ache producing chemical smell. I did wear this a few times way back 30 years ago but never did like it. When they are this syrupy sweet they gag me, especially when they have this strong musk undertone. Room deoderizer in a gas station bathroom smell.

on 4/12/2007 11:39:00 PM

I have to give this a 5 because my mom wore it when I was a child and to this day, when I smell it on someone it is so powedery, soothing and wonderful. I would like to steal her bottle and start wearing it myself soon...

on 4/3/2007 1:27:00 AM

This has always been one of my favorite perfumes. It's another one that I wore as a child, and it's always made me feel pretty and graceful and feminine. On me, L'Air du Temps is a lighter floral, not as overwhelming as White Shoulders or Chantilly, but still very traditional and rich-smelling. It's fresh and innocent and irresistibly charming, with notes of gardenia and rose and very light citrus. It almost smells like spring to me, except for the richer undertones that make it seasonless. There's just a hint of musk that makes it less innocent than it might first seem, if it's worn by the right person. I love this for its ability to be charming on someone of any age, and on just about any occasion.

on 3/10/2007 8:37:00 PM

I always found it ironic growing up that my mother would wear this, yet go into theatrical convulsions over the scents I wore. I hated this stuff as a kid, but now I actually find it soothing - probably since my mother has worn it religiously for 30 years. She barely puts any on, yet I can smell it on her all day. Go EASY with this stuff!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is just a very polarizing scent, and from what I've read most people just like it b/c it reminds me of their mom or grandmother or some memory from a few decades ago. Makes me sad to write this, but I think I like this less and less. I'm definitely a floral, even powdery floral girl, but if I were to wear this now, it would make me feel too old. I wore this in the middle of college when I spent my first summer in New York City, and I think I just liked it b/c it made me feel rich and expensive b/c I smelled like a rich and expensive old lady. This is a very sweet, powdery, strong scent..I'm undecided, so giving it 3 lippies -- it's an effective floral, but just has too much potential to smell bad. To me it is not delicate, airy, or fresh at all. You either love it or hate it.

Popular Fragrances