Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I havent tried the actual perfume, but I have tried the soap, and I only have good thing to say about it. the packaging is just lovely. It is a big circular soap, and it comes in a cute little plastic container. At first I placed it with the lid off in my linen closet...and even though it was just a soap, the scent was strong enough to lightly scent my sheets and towels! Then i used it as an actual soap. the fragrance it leaves is so subtle and feminine, I cant stop sniffing my skin! I get sick of fragrances very quickly, but this one is so light and fresh that I cant imagine I would get tired of it.
I want to try the perfume, but Im afraid that it will be a little "old" for me. For now Im perfectly happy with the soap.

on 7/4/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My absolute favorite in the world scent. Flowery, but not cloying -- very sophisticated and elegant. I'm in my mid 40's now, and I've worn this since high school. I am subject to migraines and this is one of very few fragrances that don't smell chemically to me, and give me a headache. Other favorites of mine are Chantilly and Shalimar.

on 6/14/2009 1:21:00 PM

I used to wear this years ago (like 30 or more years!) and liked it at the time so I thought I would try it again when I saw some miniatures on a website. The bottle looks really dinky as they have tried to make it an exact replica of the full size bottle, with the dove stopper as well. However this counts against it when you actually want to use it. The stopper is in fact almost as big as the miniature bottle and doesn't go in very well. Being a bit heavy handed, I forced it and half of the stopper broke off so I can now only keep the bottle upright. I doubt that this is a problem with the full size bottle.

As for the perfume itself, I was sadly disappointed. I think 30 years ago we didn't have such a good selection of fragrances on the market and were grateful for anything we could get! In fact, I think fragrances all tended to have a very similar smell. I now look on these as old fashioned and I wouldn't wear this again.

The only plus I suppose it that it is a good laster - a little applied in the morning lasts until well into the afternoon.

on 5/4/2009 4:09:00 PM

My Favorite Fragrance of all time. If I could take a bath in it I would. This is what Heaven smells like I just know it

on 4/26/2009 9:29:00 AM

I would wear this perfume if i were in my late 30's-40's.
To me it smells luxurious and sophisticated, not really old ladyish, but by no means girly or infantile.
It's a lovely powdery smell with a prominence or carnation. Pleasing for my nose, however it's indeed not for the youngest audience. It's quite heavy and very long-lasting.

on 4/26/2009 9:14:00 AM

On me, this fragrance just smells like some sort of strong, pungent soap that also emitts a faint carnation scent....

on 3/23/2009 5:57:00 PM

I used to love this many moons ago. I just can't wear it now. It gives me horrible headaches. Shame, because the bottle is so beautiful and the name is lovely too, but in the end, it's the scent that matters and I just can't stand it. I wish I could be more precise about it and explain exactly what I don't like about it-but it is just like a love affair that went sour, and you can't stand the sight of the person at all.
Still, I feel jealous of those who can wear this,the name is pure poetry.

on 1/19/2009 3:07:00 AM

My first perfume and the fragrance of my teenage years--I kept the beautiful bottle on my dresser for years after the perfume was gone.
Not too strong or sweet--just perfect, evocative of spring.

(Note to prior reviewer: it's a dove on the bottle top, not a falcon!)

on 12/15/2008 1:38:00 AM

This fragrance smells like tissue with a slight hint of carnation and powder without the typical vanilla scent to the powder. But mostly it smells like tissue. This is to my untrained nose. However, the fragrance has such a nice history and a really beautiful bottle.

I'm not one for florals, but this is my all time favorite floral perfume. So clean and creamy fresh. I wore this in my teens and recently decided to buy another bottle after trying it again. It's as beautiful as I remember. If you like carnations blended very well with bergamot, gardenia, neroli, jasmine, may rose, cedar and vetiver you will love this gem. LdT lingers all day, it so wonderful and subtle like its your own natural scent. Stay away from the one you buy in the drugstore, I find them a bit off and the lotion is always this runny yellow liquid mess that smells horrible!. I'd rather pay a little more for it at the NR counter at big department stores like Lord & Taylor. The sales lady gave me a 3.3oz lotion with my 1.7oz edt. what a big difference! The lotion is so concentrated you can wear it on its own and the edt still has the amazing staying power...... ahh and of couse, the beautiful dove top bottle makes LdT a 5 lippie perfume.
Pure devinity.;))