Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I havent tried the actual perfume, but I have tried the soap, and I only have good thing to say about it. the packaging is just lovely. It is a big circular soap, and it comes in a cute little plastic container. At first I placed it with the lid off in my linen closet...and even though it was just a soap, the scent was strong enough to lightly scent my sheets and towels! Then i used it as an actual soap. the fragrance it leaves is so subtle and feminine, I cant stop sniffing my skin! I get sick of fragrances very quickly, but this one is so light and fresh that I cant imagine I would get tired of it.
I want to try the perfume, but Im afraid that it will be a little "old" for me. For now Im perfectly happy with the soap.

on 4/26/2009 9:14:00 AM

On me, this fragrance just smells like some sort of strong, pungent soap that also emitts a faint carnation scent....

on 3/23/2009 5:57:00 PM

I used to love this many moons ago. I just can't wear it now. It gives me horrible headaches. Shame, because the bottle is so beautiful and the name is lovely too, but in the end, it's the scent that matters and I just can't stand it. I wish I could be more precise about it and explain exactly what I don't like about it-but it is just like a love affair that went sour, and you can't stand the sight of the person at all.
Still, I feel jealous of those who can wear this,the name is pure poetry.

on 1/19/2009 3:07:00 AM

My first perfume and the fragrance of my teenage years--I kept the beautiful bottle on my dresser for years after the perfume was gone.
Not too strong or sweet--just perfect, evocative of spring.

(Note to prior reviewer: it's a dove on the bottle top, not a falcon!)

on 12/15/2008 1:38:00 AM

This fragrance smells like tissue with a slight hint of carnation and powder without the typical vanilla scent to the powder. But mostly it smells like tissue. This is to my untrained nose. However, the fragrance has such a nice history and a really beautiful bottle.

This is a lovely perfume. It's not for me, however. I can see this on the 40s starlet with the ruby red lipstick and the gorgeous short hair...like Keira Knightley in Atonement? BUt she wouldn't be the one to wear it..Briony would. (Also, if anyone watches the BBC program "My Family" .. I could totally see Janey wearing this...maybe it's just me, but it's like Janey in a bottle)
It's light and floral and fresh, and suitable for all occasions. Unfortunately it doesn't suit me, but on the people it does, it's amazing continued >>

on 8/16/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Only reason why I'm giving 2 lippies is because I used to like this perfume as a little girl (got a sample size from my mom when I was 5). I recently tried this last summer and the scent grew stronger (in a bad way) until I had an aching headache and had to rinse my wrists under running water for what seemed like hours to get the scent off.

A beautiful slightly spicy carnation scent with a tinge of soap and soft musk. Sweet, clean, elegant, innocent. Perfect for the office, it won't overpower your co-workers. If you love carnation, you can't go wrong with this classic.

on 1/29/2008 10:04:00 AM

WOW this is strong. Super-perfumish kind of a chemical smell. Very, very rarely do perfumes give me a headache but this is one of them...but my Grandmother wears this rarely (usually white shoulders)and on her, it is O.K. but I still get a headache if too close. I'm surprised to see so many people like this...I prefer heady fragrances but this is too much for me! Glad to see some enjoying it....

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's unfortunate that the current obsession with all things new and "young" has caused a generation of women to turn their backs on some of the greatest fragrances of all time. Fragrance expert Tania Sanchez's recent pan of this classic notwithstanding, L'Air du Temps fits in this category. It is a light, easy to wear floral that's been a hit since it was introduced in 1948. Top notes; carnation, gardenia, middle notes; Rosa Centifolia, jasmine, base notes; iris, sandalwood. LdT is also one of the few fragrances that is still made almost entirely of natural ingredients. Luca Turin says it's been reformulated. The folks at Nina Ricci deny this. French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi-Aventis bought a 30% stake in Parfums Nina Ricci in the late 80's, about the time of the alleged reformulation...hmmmm. No matter, TMN, LdT is still every bit as enchanting as it was when I first smelled it in the 60's, and many long time wearers swear that it still smells the same. Try to sample the pure perfume. It's much softer and more subtle than the EDT. On another note, who are all of these husbands and boyfriends who dislike fragrances because they supposedly smell of "old lady?" In all my years of marriage, my husband has NEVER dismissed a perfume for smelling "old." He either likes it or he doesn't! Nor did I have any old lady smelling complaints from any boyfriend I had prior to my marriage. My fellow MUAers, do we really think that a 20 year old wearing LdT is going to be perceived as smelling OLD? Conversely, do we believe that an 80 year old will smell younger simply by wearing D & G Light Blue? What about context? What about grooming, manners, clothing, your speaking voice, your smile, your complexion, your hair, your posture?? Sophia Loren would still be sexy today whether she was wearing LdT or some chocolatey bubble gum "body spray." The Olsen twins would be, well... I won't go there. Contrary to what advertisers would have us believe, it's the woman who makes the fragrance, not the other way around. And, IMO, there's little room for ageism in the world of perfume.