Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

Eye Shadow - Cement

on 1/6/2018 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a handful of BB shadows and this is one of my favs. It is right in the middle between wheat (very light khaki) & slate (mid-toned gray plum). Cement is perfor every day wear. Most days I wear bone all over, then cement from lid to crease, Teddy eyeliner from MAC & a little mascara. DONE. Takes me 5 minutes or less. It looks very natural & beautiful.
FYI - I have light skin with yellow undertones (NC20), brown eyes & dark brown hair.

on 2/24/2017 8:46:00 AM

One of my favorite eyeshadows. I thought, initially that this may look too light on my skin (Natural 4 in Bobbi Brown) but actually it gives a barely there definition that is very pleasing.

Easily a one shadow look, or you can wear it as a neutral base. It is a greige, neutral color.

I think, along with Bone (2), this has earned a permanent place in my makeup drawer.

on 12/30/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a nice "greige,"but looks more beige-brown than grey on my cool-toned skin. Bobbi Brown used to have a color in their collection called Woodrose, which was the perfect taupe for me, and the color was in between Cement and Heather. I now have both Cement and Heather, and I prefer Heather. Cement is a nice subtle wash or even crease shade, but it's too plain.

on 8/13/2016 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this from the Soho Chic Eye Palette (with Ivory, Rockstar, Grey Pearl, Pebble and Caviar). I have neutral-warm skin but I can normally wear cool toned foundation/eyeshadows.

I would recommend this color only for cool toned individuals. This beige is very grey. Matte.

But the reason why I gave it 2 lippies is that I'm very disappointed with the quality of BB eyeshadows. In comparison to Mac/Urban Decay/Dior/Elizabeth Arden/Clinique, it's a lot harder to blend. No fallout. Pigmentation ok but not amazing. Colours are average.

Overall, this isn't high end quality. Not recommend.

on 11/3/2015 9:50:00 AM

I heard this was a dupe for my beloved Naked2 shadow from the Naked Basics palette. I found it at a CCO and snatched it up immediately. I'm so glad I got this. I hit pan on Naked2 and really wanted to find a single the same shade because I use it on a daily basis for my 'base' crease shade. It is the perfect neutral/cool shade that provides just enough definition. Great for days that I want a little crease color or if I'm going for a more 'natural' look. Also a great color for brows when my hair is dyed lighter.

The formulation of this shadow is divine. Creamy, very little to no fall-out, blends beautifully and stays all day without creasing. I want to pick up more of these shadows!! I have my eye on Dove Grey next.

on 6/20/2015 3:34:00 PM

After reading reviews and watching tutorials on youtube i strongly decided i need that shade! Dead or alive! In my country Bobbi Brown is very expensive, like Chanel or Dior, plus there is no all shades, and no cement! So i saw a brow kit cement- birch, and i went to Strawberrynet and bought one kit! And made eye makeup with beloved Cement! It is a neutral matte shade, and i expected it will be cool toned more grey, less beige, but on me it is warm beige without any grey! Honestly, i have shades like those cement birch, so nothing special! For all who want to buy this, try first on your eye skin, not on your hand!

on 5/19/2015 12:50:00 AM

I use this shadow to fill in my brows. I have blonde hair and this shade works nicely; it is ashy, but it suits me (I can easily see how it might be too gray for a lot of people, though). It has just the right amount of pigment making it foolproof to apply.The color goes where I put it, not all over my face, for natural, defined brows that last all day. In my daily routine, my eyebrows only take me about 30 seconds which is great.

I have tried other products over the years, but I always go back to this. Pencils and gels/cremes just tend to look really harsh on my fair skin and I don't like the heavy/stiff feeling. I can get them to look nice with effort, but for going to class or work, Cement is my go-to.

As someone who usually sticks to drugstore products, $24 for a single shadow was a lot for me. That being said, I have been using the same one for over 3 years and I still have a lot left. It is one of the few high-end products that I would buy again.

This is a perfect colour for blonde eyebrows.
It is a slightly ashy beige powder. If you have light skin, it looks very natural as a crease colour, with just enough depth to subtly define the socket.
You can't really go wrong with this shadow.

on 9/10/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

One of BB favorites, she uses it in almost every video

It makes me look dead, so I don't use it

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite Bobbi Brown eye shadow. I use it as my base really often. It goes with so many different colours and works great as a first layer.