MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

on 5/6/2010 10:11:00 AM

I was a bit on the fence about this product at the start, but now I love it!
I makes me look sickly if I use it as an over the lid colour, but applied t the outer V it gives a gorgeous pinky/coral shade :) The pigmentation and blendability are excellent, would repurchase!

I like pairing this with UD's x eyeshadow and Jest.

on 4/16/2010 12:50:00 PM

The color looked really nice in the pan & on eyelid.I tried this with *Swiss chocolate,when eyes were closed looked nice,but against my eye coloring I wasn't too sure if this was a eye combination I would wear on normal basis.A+ on the color.For me though,I won't re-purchase =(

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Horrible. On me this looks like i have some serious eye infection. It isn't even pink in any way. I would def not buy again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This eyeshadow is very misleading. It looks gorgeous in the pan, but no one tells you that when you put it on, it looks like you have an eye infection, especially if you're pale like I am! Don't waste your money. It's also hard to find colors that look good with it. I would never buy it again. In fact, I intend to exchange it.

on 2/19/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this based on the reviews of make up lovers here and on youtube. I bought it and found that it was not a flattering shade on me. It seems as if there is a duochrome sheen to it. I've tried to work with it multiple ways but haven't found a way that looks good yet. It's sitting in my collection and hasn't been touched for months now. Maybe I'll bring it out and try to play with it.

on 10/26/2009 5:16:00 PM

Great lid colour, its not as pink as I hoped it would be, but I can bring out the pink in it when I use other pinks on my eye as well ( passionate in the crease and fig1 in the outer V = love). Its also pretty on its own.

on 10/26/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

another ES which I have hit pan on a few times! This is not pink as the name implies.. it is a golden/pinky/bronzy shade which is fantastic on brown eyes, hazel eyes, green eyes and last but not least, blue eyes. In short, it is a great ES which works well with most eye colors.

I have applied this to women with dark complexions, with tan complexions, and to very light PPP's.

It is one of my staples for personal and client use.

love it and always have my back up on hand.

on 10/6/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yet another absolutely beautiful color made by MAC. The texture is amazing & blends very nicely. Unfortunately for me...every single time I use anything that has a pinkish hue to it...I look sick. I hate that. It really is a gorgeous color. Maybe I've just got to learn where place it so that it doesn't make me look like I've got severe allergies. :-)

on 9/10/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love MAC's Veluxe Pearls, so it was a given this would become part of my stash at some point. Expensive Pink is a chameleon .. what looks mostly pink in the pot .. doesn't quite appear that way once applied. It's an odd color, in that it tends to change colors once applied. When on, it actually pulls more peachy with a heavy gold sheen. This looks amazing paired with Sketch or Beautymarked, and as with all VP's, glides on like silk and has great color payoff. Not my favorite MAC shade, but definitely one that I think most skintones could pull off and find a use for.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my go to shadow for lazy days. I find that it is interesting enough on its own to wear with just some liner and mascara. Some people have described it as a gold-pink, but I think that a bronze-pink would be more accurate and explain why some people have found it to be more orange than they expected. Expensive Pink could easily be used as an accent to a neutral brown look to punch it up a bit.

This is another one of those shadows that is very appealing in the pan, but should be tested before purchasing. This definitely isn't a true pink color and even though the picture on the MAC website is not a great representation (seriously why can't they make their pictures look ANYTHING like the actual shadow) but you can tell that it is more coral/orange toned than the other pinks available.