Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

4.1

I didn't like this fragrance at first, but it's grown on me somehow, and now I love it! It has a refreshing, sweet scent that I like for casual/office/daytime wear. I don't smell much of the green tea in it, though, mostly the other scents in it. It has a complex smell that can change throughout the day, but always good.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This happens to be one of my favorite Green Tea scents. I became of fan of green tea mainly because of this one particular fragrance. I liked the Elizabeth Arden on but this on seem to be a little more complex. I love the lime-citrus aroma. This scent is unisexed and it lasts all day and doesn't change as the day goes on. The Jasmin tea, red tea and rose are also nice scents too in this line if you get tired of this scent.

on 9/27/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In his book "Perfumes - The Guide," Luca Turin gave this 4 out of 5 stars which prompted me to sample it, then later purchase Bulgari Eau Parfumee "Au The Vert" (green tea).

I must say I've fallen out of love with it since purchasing it about 3 months ago. At first, I enjoyed the bracing, but not overpowering unisex (barely) floral green tea fragrance,one that Turin calls, "a sort of cK One for grownups."

But it began to smell slightly medicinal to me after a while, as if I were spraying a lovely fragrance with a jarring hint of Lysol on myself. For tea-based fragrances, I would instead recommend either "Bergamote" from The Different Company, or "Osmanthe Yunnan" by Hermes. Each is delightful in its own way and grows on you, rather than the opposite effect this fragrance had on me.

on 8/24/2008 1:54:00 AM

OK, this has been around forEVER, why haven't I given it a chance before? I have been searching for something light and airy but slightly sweet. I wanted more substance than "shower fresh" and this is perfect. It seems too feminine to be uni-sex, but to each his own I guess. It's fresh, clean, calming and I am in heaven. I bought the Extreme version and it's really a different scent IMO. It's missing that sharp, harsh opener of the regular fragrance, and I think that is what turned me off to this line years ago. The Extreme is soft from the first spray and really clings to my skin. Love it, love it, love it!!

If truth be told, Bulgari's Extreme The Vert is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I remember when it first came out and thinking that **this is elegance**. Its light tea fragrance is beautifully tempered with a tiny hint of leather which makes it truly unisex and appealing to men. The bottle is stylish and has a hefty weight that connotes *expensive*. Last of all, it can often also be found at Marshall's and TJ Maxx at a very nice discount.

I've owned several bottles of Extreme The Vert over the years and adore it but for the fact that it just does not last! Argghh! Yes, even the Extreme version and yes, I have tried layering by simultaneously using the Extreme The Vert shower gel, shampoo, soap, etc... No luck. Extreme The Vert is kind of like one of those boyfriends that you love to pieces but he just doesn't love you back quite as much. Frustrating, to say the least.

Here are the notes, per The Perfumed Court: bergamot, bitter orange, orange blossom, Ceylon cardamom, pepper, coriander, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, green tea, and smoked wood.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My absoulute favourite go-to scent. A transluscent veil of smoked green tea with muted citrus notes and a aromatic woody base. It uplifts the sprit, refreshes the soul and calms the mind. I love it because of its comforting quality. JCE's best in my opinion. I just wish there was yet another even more potent version of this frgrance - the green tea cologne was like a deoderant spray, this Extreme version seems to be like EDT, can Bvlgari issue an EDP or Parfum version of this? PLEASE?!

This review is for the Eau Parfumee au The Vert Extreme:

What a name!

I came upon this scent because my b/f who often lives in hotels during weekdays (because his clients require to be close to them in other cities all over the country), sometimes brings me the bath and body products of this perfume when he stays in one special hotel in Munich which displays the products of this scent in its suites.

I fell for the extremely special shower and body lotion. The quality of theses products is amazing! The shower gel is TRULY refreshing, the green tea note comes out here the strongest and the body lotion is sooooo soft and leaves your skin so smooth! The jasmine comes out here beautifully. But also the soap is heavenly. Very refreshing and elegantly scented.

BUT! and that's the special thing here: Eau Parfume au Th Vert is also wearable on cold winter days!
I have my problems with "fresh" scents on cool (winter) days but this one is different. I guess the orange flower and jasmine in it make it so wearable and soft. Nothing sharp here at all! After an instant blast of lemon and green tea there is nothing but your fresh and soft-scented skin and a little hint of jasmine...
I even find it sexy! (Which is quite remarkable as i normally receive spices and vanilla as 'sexy' per se. Maybe it's the white florals in it...)

I went for the Extrme version as the 'normal' which is an Eau de Cologne is too weak for me, i like my scent to be around me a little (but no big sillage here!) and it does better in winter, i think, because perfume doesn't "fly" so good in cool winter-air, as you know...

Give it a try if you can although you might not be into 'fresh-ones', normally.

I am already looking forward to wearing it in hot summer.

on 5/20/2008 10:27:00 AM

This is my all-time favorite. I have a very sensitive nose to overpowering scents. And this one is my perfect match. Clean, fresh yet elegant. I feel very classy when I wear this. Lasts 5 hours on me so I have the refillable bottle in my purse.

on 4/18/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Clean, subtle, elegant, and refined. This is my all-time favorite fragrance. It's not one of those overpowering perfumes that lots of other women seem to be wearing lately. The bottle is very elegant and sophisticated as well. I especially love that the bottle and box are green because green is my favorite color. This is the only perfume I have ever paid full price for and probably the only one that I ever will. I rarely wear perfume, but this scent is far too beautiful to not own. I first discovered the scent and fell in love when I received the matching shampoo and conditioner in a friend's birthday gift bag. I love the clean, light, feminine, "green" smell of this fragrance. It's very sophisticated and unusual without being pretentious and I think it fits my personality quite well. The lasting power is also good on me. Try it.

on 4/18/2008 8:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I much prefer this to the Pour Femme fragrance by Bulgari. It's much fresher, less likely to give me a headache or make me feel nauseous! Still quite strong though, and I find it has good staying power. It's a very good choice for work, though I think the white tea fragrance is probably even better. I don't think I'd buy it again however, it's not really "signature" scent material for me!

Popular Fragrances