Gucci Envy ME

Gucci Envy ME

3.9

on 3/25/2010 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My first Gucci perfume!!! [also my first perfume review]. I've been sniffing every time I go into Sephora, and my sister finally got it for me as a Xmas gift last year, and I've been using it since!! I use only one spray, at the back of my neck, and I'm not sure about the staying power, but on my most recent use, it lasted about 4-5 hours, which is not bad considering I only use it when I go out.

Love the smell. But this fragrance has a staying power of about 2 hours or so. This fragrance has a better staying power if applied on the pulse points. I would repurchase but wouldn't recommend this for everyday wear.. I'd say combine this perfume with another one for a lasting effect.

on 3/24/2010 2:49:00 PM

I purchased this perfume a few weeks ago. The scent is great, a fruity floral. It smells to me like it has raspberries in it which smells good.. I wanted a summer semi- youthful scent. It's not a teenage scent and it's not an old lady scent... it's somewhere in the middle...which is what I was attracted to..the bottle is cute!...and I was actually more attracted to this perfume for its bottle..lol..I personally think Flora by Gucci smells a little better than Envy Me..and If I buy a Gucci perfume it might be Flora next..
I also agree that the scent has an average staying power..not great, so you might need to put more on after a few hours...but it's still a nice fragrance for spring/summer.

I'm less than halfway through my 2nd bottle and have decided that I will not be buying this product again. I loved, LOVED this fragrance when I first bought it several years ago but now it's just OK. Envy Me is a sweet floral topped off with peppery notes and a bit on the woodsy side. Staying power is rather short-lived.

I loved this when I first smelled it. However, I had to give it to my sister-in-law because it gave me migraines.

on 1/26/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i had this when it first came out. i got compliments on it like crazy! i used to wear it to work a lot and sometimes out at night.. but to me it was not sexy enough as a nighttime scent and a bit strong for work so i later swapped it.

on 1/10/2010 2:37:00 AM

I first bought this back in 2004 when the scent was first launched. I've never really been a huge fan of Gucci b/c I think most of their scents are VERY heavy and scream old lady to me. As soon as the sales lady sprayed this I had to have it! The initial spray to my body was alittle strong but it dries down to such a nice unique floral on me with a twist of fruit at the very end, it doesn't remind me of anything I already own for the most part. Maybe a much lighter/florally version of YSL Babydoll. Its a bit expensive at $85 for a 3.4oz bottle but from other reviews I've read on here it appears that it pops up @ Kohls and other lower-end stores on clearance time to time.

I'm not normally a fan of floral scents but for some reason I really liked this one. I have easily over 100 perfumes and this is probably the first perfume that I ever went thru a full bottle of. Since then I've probably gone thru about 4 bottles easy.

This is one I fall in and out of love with over and over again and will continue to go back to since I've managed to swap for quite a few backup bottles ;) Its very work appropriate as its not insanely strong. I keep a 1.7oz of this in my gym bag in the car all the time just incase I happen to run out somewhere without notice.

on 11/30/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

So this is my go-to fragrance. I absolutely love it for everyday, especially when I am in a rush and do not want to dig through all my perfumes to find one that I like. I will say that its not a very distinctive scent. By this I mean that its relatively simple, if that makes sense. However, with that being said it smells so good and I always get compliments. I would totally recommend this product!

on 11/24/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging is quite pretty and straight forward. However, the scent itself is similarly generic.

I should start off by saying my sister is a big fan of this and I'm more of a 'Tom Ford Black Orchid' type of wearer. However, I will admit this is a pretty, feminine scent with decent staying power (read: 4-5 hours) that shouldn't offend anybody and is suitable for the workplace. It's fresh, floral and warm rather than the usual crisp grassy smells. Others have mentioned an exotic musk/pepper in the drydown but unfortunately I still haven't been able to smell that despite having worn this a number of times. Overall, this is average - not amazing but not terrible either.

This just smelt awful on me.
It started out delightfully, but within half an hour, it settled into a peppery acrid mess on me:( Not for me.