Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.7

.5% Salicylic Acid

Wow, these pads have a lot of cleanser packed in them! The exfoliating side does its job well, but as it is a little rough, I only use it for about 20 seconds and then use the smoother side for the rest. These do a really good job of cleaning my face and leaving it soft and smooth. I have noticed fewer breakouts and more radiant skin as a result of using these.

on 1/29/2005 9:28:00 PM

A great combination of convenience and performance. Since using these pads, I have definitely seen fewer breakouts. And, add the exfoliation factor, and you've got a winner product. I travel quite a bit, so wish they would also put them in a convenient travel packaging (now I just put a stack of 'em in a ziplock). Rave, rave, rave!

on 1/1/2005 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using these doggies for about 2 months now, and I really like them. I have noticed a reduction in breakouts, and when I do get an occasional pimple, it seems to clear up more quickly with less scarring. these tend to be a tiny bit more drying than my old fave, Cetaphil, but they seem to get my skin cleaner, without the Cetaphil-esque film. Also, the pad has enough soap in it to use it in the shower as a body wash, good if you have body acne...

EDIT*** 7.5.07
Don't use these any longer because made my skin too dry.

on 11/23/2004 10:58:00 PM

I've used Aveeno's clear complexion foaming cleanser with good results so I decided to give this a try. This is terrific because it exfoliates and makes my skin so soft. Unlike the foaming cleaser, it doesn't dry my skin out. It's a bit expensive for a drug store brand and it only has 28 pads in a package. But I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Exceptionally good product. A very pleasantly refreshing, but not aromatic or stripping, facial cleanser in a nicely textured pad. Salicylic Acid formulation is mild - you can use another product that has AHA or BHA afterwards without feeling you're destroying your skin. Use of this, plus Paula's Choice AHA + BHA, plus moisturizer, has truly improved my skin that was cranky, dull and breakout prone. You can use one pad for both morning and evening cleansing but if you had on a lot of makeup, I guess I would take that off first or use a fresh pad. Only problem: the jar is really big, and they haven't made a small packet for travel yet.

This comes in a light green tub with 28 self foaming pads. One side is soft for regular cleansing, and the other side is textured with what feels like little raised spheres all over it for exfoliation. It truly is self foaming, and makes washing my face a snap. The exfolitating side can be a little harsh, which is why I subtracted one lippie. It leaves my face feeling clean and soft, and all I have to do is rinse and throw away the pad. The scent is nice and not overbearing. The complexion clearing agent is Salicylic Acid 0.5%. Soy is another ingredient. These are oil and soap free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic (blackheads).
I haven't used them long enough to tell a difference in my breakouts, but since I love the way it leaves my skin feeling I would buy this again.