NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

This is my HG lipbalm that I looked so hard to find! I think I went through so many tubes already. It is super moisturizing with the right amount of color that makes you look like you have nice, fresh, plump, moisturized lips. It is a bit shiny but not as much as a lip gloss. This lipbalm comes in a bigger tube than normal stick form lipbalms. The only downside is that this can melt during summer time or if you had this in your jeans pocket and you did a lot of exercises. It won't actually come out of the tube but it will get your hands messy when you use it... Depiste this little detail, I strongly recommend this to try!!

UPDATE :

After using this for so many years and going through so many tubes, it's still my favorite lipbalm. It's moisturizing and adds a nice touch of color that's flattering when i'm tan during summer or when i'm paler during winter. Definitely recommend it!

on 6/1/2011 1:15:00 PM

Overall, happy with this . So cheap, I pop a few around the house, car and purse so its always around,very light feel on lips..
Gives a real berry colour flush to lips- wish it lasted longer but its far better than some goey lip gloss.

sometimes it feels kind of heavy on the lips(especially when the weather's particularly hot). the new packaging's really cute, although a bit bulky. it gives out a nice reddish shade that you dont have to wear lipstick because this would simply suffice. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Think Cherry Chapstick - minus the wax, plus some gloss.
I picked this up over the weekend at Ulta, an impulse buy since my lips have been very dry and patchy lately (prob from not drinking enough water, but anyways), and I love the Nivea moisturizer, so gave this a try.
After reapplying constantly over 48 hours, my lips have gone from scratchy and dry patches to smooth but still tight, a major improvement. I like the tint and the not so waxy feeling also.
Took off a lippie because the application is a bit wide, and I have big lips, so it would be better if it were skinnier... also because the tint is very strong (I am NW20). My trainer asked me if I was wearing lipstick... not exactly the reaction I want to be getting from my lip balm.

on 4/29/2011 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've brought this a couple of times. I admit it's not the best moisturizing lip-balm out there, but it does give me a nice reddish pink tint that looks quite natural and the smell is really sweet and makes me want to eat it! I usually wear it under a thicker clear lip-balm. :)

on 4/22/2011 10:34:00 PM

Love the texture, I have cherry as well, but I much prefer the strawberry. Subtle pinky tint and great shine. Love it!

THis is smooth, soft taste great and looks incredible!! What more could you ask for in a tinted lip balm?!?

on 4/15/2011 2:26:00 PM

I've been using this lip balm for years, I can't count how many times I've repurchased this stuff. The perfect tinted lip balm that I can just slip out of my jeans pocket and apply without the use of a mirror. Gives me that little bit of color because I tend to be pale during school hours. I love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a bit apprehensive to try this out at first because I thought it would be too shimmery or full of glitter (as the packaging seems to emphasize "fruity SHINE"), but I went ahead and bought it since it was on sale.
This lip balm is AMAZING. It's perfect, almost TOO perfect. MY HG lip balm for when I need a hint of colour. If you compared this with the original in the dark blue tube, the texture of this one is a bit more smooth, but just as nice. With that, it doesn't last that long, but these are dirt cheap as it is. I am in love love LOVE with the subtle red tint it leaves, I just can't get over how pretty it looks! I feel it is very appropriate for all age types. This isn't shimmery or super glittery either. It does seem to have quite a few flecks of glitter in it, however, after applying, it is very minimal and you can only see a few if you look up close.
The smell is also AMAZING. It smells just like a strawberry and it makes me want to eat it! (Unfortunately, it doesn't have any taste to it)

In short, this is like a sheer coloured, super moisturizing lip gloss, but without the sticky and overly shiny thick textured look. Definitely will be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favourite lip-balm from the Nivea range. I like that this is moisturising and not waxy like some lip-balms are and that it has a red tint to it which gives me a nice natural sheen to my lips. I use this pretty much every day and you will be sure to find one in my bag as it adds a pop of colour on those days you don't want to wear alot of makeup. It has a nice sweet strawberry scent, not too strong and best of all; its super affordable. If you haven't tried this already, you really should. Will continue to repurchase these as they are great value and quality.