Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

4.3

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 11/15/2001 10:14:00 PM

I really love this peel, it's pretty gentle on the face and leaves my skin feeling very soft. I use it once a week, not sure if it's doing anything since any results wouldn't be quite as dramatic (or painful) as a true skin peel. But I like it a lot and will continue to use it. One thing I'll say, you don't need a lot of this on your face, so it really will last at least 30 times. I've used it for about 7 weeks, and have only gone through about 10% of the product (I bought the large bottle); since I normally have a very heavy hand, this should last a good long time. There isn't a lot of stinging, and there's a "neutralizer" to use beforehand that does cut down on any irritation. However, the neutralizer has a strong smell of menthol/camphor, so if that's not for you, skip the peel. This is expensive, so if you don't think you'll continue, get the trial size first.

on 11/15/2001 9:38:00 PM

I've never used chemical peels before, so I bought the trial sized version of the 30% Glycolic Peel Kit, which contained two 1 ounce bottles of a pH Toner Prepping Solution & the actual Peeling Serum itself. Now, I have sensitive skin, so I was very concerned about any adverse side affects. I know that the instructions advise to do a patch test, but I went ahead & applied the glycolic acide to my entire face. It did sting very, very slightly & it wasn't painful like how I imagined it would be. My eyes did water a little bit, so I steered clear from applying the serum near my eyes. After using the Peel for about 2 weeks (I applied it a total of 7 times), I do notice a difference in my skin. My acne scars on my cheek have faded slightly & it has prevented new breakouts from occurring & I also have fewer blackheads on my nose. I takes time to see the results, so don't expect miracles to occur in just one peel. It's so gentle, yet it gets the job done.

UPDATE: 12/15/2001
For the first several weeks, my skin started to look really great, but after continued peels, I began to break out. Not the average pimple, but large, deep blemishes! It left my skin with dark brown spots on my cheek! I think my skin was too sensitive for this specific peel.