Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 10/16/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely adore the bottle and the color. Whenever I see it, I always think of really expensive and luxurious whiskey. It is so classy. Because of the bottle, I always want to buy it but I restrain myself because whenever I test this on my skin, I feel like it is too mature for me. sigh.. I really wish I could like this. lol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I found a bottle of this and decided to use it up. I liked it so much that I bought a new bottle. It was crazy expensive. Still, I really like this scent. For whatever strange reason, only older classic fragrances smell good on me. Whenever I try something more modern, they turn unpleasant on me. The bottle that I got is really pretty too. I love looking at it on my dresser.

I can't get enough of this scent. First got the EDP, which is lovely, but doesn't really develop on me. It's there and it's great, but becomes boring after a few hours. Enter The EDT! This is so different! True to the scent, yes, but this is so much more interesting on me. It opens up so fresh and later on it sits very close to my skin. The woodsy and vanilla accords are really beautiful and I get a hint of musk too. This is so perfect! The scent changes throughout the day, always bringing on new notes. A true masterpiece! The staying power is medium on me. I absolutely don't mind refreshing the scent throughout the day. I bought a purse spray to carry with me. I purchased a 100ml splash bottle, so it should last me a while. That bottle was compared to the other packagings they have the best value for my money. The Twist and Spray version is the same price, but only carries 60ml. So I thought it would be best to compare all versions and decide then. The bottle itself isn't the iconic square version, but the rectangular one with the black screw cap. The one that they also use for their Exclusifs Parfums. This version comes in handy when I want to apply some drops with my fingers. I decant a bit for my purse spray, so it's the best of both worlds. What more can I say, I adore this scent, I adore Chanel, and I adore Coco herself.

on 8/6/2013 7:02:00 AM

Too floral.
Smells "old".

I got a small sample bottle of this when I bought some Chanel skincare products. Omg it smells terrible to me. Overrated. I remember trying a bit from the bottle on my older sister's dressing table once a few years back, and i hated it then too. I thought now that i was a bit older i might find it nicer, but NO it still smells horrid. And it smells like a very artificial, trying-to-hard woman might wear it.

Btw I've seen a poll done on men and Chanel No 5 was one of their most hated scents. Dior Poison was there too. :p

(I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Perfume smells different on different pple depending on how it reacts with your body chemistry. So possibly it smells great on some ladies.)

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is a fragrance for real women, not little girls ;)

on 7/1/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Well this might be a little unfair review because it's not me who own this perfume, but my mother.. Eventhough she LOVE IT and I think it smells lovely on her, I absolutly hate it on myself. Think it's a fragrance for older women :)

I feel this scent has a resemblance to baby powder. A really expensive baby powder. I am not too much of a fan, especially being 20 years old. I believe it's because I do feel it's more suited an older, mature woman. It's something my mother or grandmother would wear. Probably something I would wear in another 20 years time.

on 5/18/2013 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I smelt this on tester in David jones and nearly yacked on the spot!, and my bf agreed it was horrid, this tops my list of the worst smelling perfume I have ever smelt. Yuck

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As one of the world's favourite scents, I've had many encounters with this perfume - of course I have. It was one of the first to use aldehydes - a game changer. And it was supposed to smell clean, and yet have a touch of sexiness, thus rendering it able to bridge the gap between overly flowery perfumes, and the kinky ones used by those of the "demi-mondaine".

When I tried a spray of it my boyfriend told me (after I tried convincing him that it smelled awesome) that I smelled like a soapy papertowel - you know the kinds you get at cheap chinese restaurants?
And I agree - I smelled like cheap soap even after a long time. After getting a second opinion to confirm that the perfume did NOT smell good, I've decided to not purchase it.

Popular Fragrances