CHANEL No.5

CHANEL No.5

3.2

on 7/30/2007 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this perfume will never go away. never. ever. it is a true classic. very thick, one spritz is almost overpowering. not realy for school, but good for special occasions. this perfume is kinda makes me think old hollywood glamour and goes well with a little black dress. very out of place in casual attire. i think its too overpowering but if you spray one spritz in the air and walk through it its wonderful. its the kind of perfume that people walk past and think "that person obviously wearing chanel no5" it is very expensive but lasts forever! classic perfume that will never go away. ever

on 3/31/2007 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with Rosehillcottage that you either love No.5 or hate it. I LOVE IT. But I can see why people would say it smells old lady like, but since I'm young I can get away with it ;) It makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe, deff a classic fragrence. I hope Chanel never discontinues it!!

on 1/8/2007 1:47:00 AM

In all honesty, I feel like No. 5 thrives on its caché more than anything else. I tried to love this -- because, by god, you get so many cool points for being a sworn No. 5 user! -- but the "timeless" label is a bit of a crock. It's *definitely* old-ladyish and smells like old powdery flowers. An interesting specimen and a classic product, but not, perhaps, a fragrance that can stand on its own if it didn't have the mesmerizing power lent to it by its name.

on 10/28/2006 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Too powdery and spicy for me. Reminds me of old ladies. It's not horrible--believe me, I've smelled a lot worse--but I don't understand what all the ado is about when it comes to No. 5, only that Marilyn wore it. Big deal.

on 1/27/2006 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used to wear this way back in high school, so I thought I'd give it another try. I didn't like it at all this time around. Too old ladyish for me. Too stuffy. I much prefer Chanel Allure.

on 1/10/2006 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Yes, I'm one of the few people who can't stand this fragrance. I really tried...with all the history and tradition tied up in it and the classy associations (French fashion, Marilyn Monroe, etc.), I wanted to like it. But, it gives me a terrible headache and smells like bug spray to me. Not just because of my body chemistry - I have friends who wear it and they just reek! Maybe they're wearing too much and just a little wouldn't bother me as badly. I can't wear it myself, though. Must be all the aldehydes or something... my nose finds it offensive. : (

on 10/25/2004 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells cheap and old-ladysh to me. Would never buy it!

on 9/14/2004 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A bare bones powdery floral. A nice uncomplicated fragrance to spritz on lighly after taking a hot bath on a chilly night. I suspect that if this same scent was a recent concoction by Avon, Revlon or Coty (rather than an old one by Chanel), it would have ten reviews and nine of them would be absolutely scathing....

on 1/21/2004 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

wow, I love this. Not old, dated, powdery or stuffy to me at all. It smells classy and perfect for any occasion.

on 7/30/2003 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this perfume. It is a classic, chic fragrance. I have worn Chanel No 5 for almost 10 years now and have not been sick of it. I am a VERY tough critic when it comes to fragrance, & I am the type of person who has to have VARIETY in my perfume wardrobe (min of 12 different fragrances)-- Marilyn was right when she picked this.. very sexy.

Popular Fragrances