CHANEL No.5

3.2

on 12/22/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the list of ladies (and gents?) that LOVE the iconic No. 5 fragrance. I even have a huge framed poster of Marilyn Monroe holding a bottle of it in my bedroom :D
When I was younger (and stupid..) I foolishly sold a full size bottle of this on eBay because I didn't like it. (My aunt gifted it to me). I sincerely regret it! It's now one of my favorite perfumes.
I think it smells classy and not at all old lady like but I can see how many people would think that. In the beginning and especially if overused it can smell heavy and oriental? like but I make sure to use it only sparingly during the day as it has the potential to knock you over. I love how it dries down to a nice powdery smell. Definitely still a classic.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite fragrance! I'm 25 and wear this everyday. It it's not an old lady scent...it is pretty and sophisticated. If you think this is old lady smelling, I'm going to assume you haven't smelled estee lauder youth dew!!

on 11/27/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff smells horrible! I was so excited to smell it at the Chanel counter, I wanted to gag. The only reason I ever wanted to smell it was because Marilyn Monroe wore it. I wish she could have picked something better because I definitely don't see anyone under 50 wearing this. The smell is so strong....it reminds me of those old ladies who over do it in church. I don't care that this is a "classic" it smells cheap and awful.

on 10/27/2012 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Sorry, I've really tried to like this, but don't. There is something smell-bad about it, and it's not just the fact that it's an old-lady perfume. There are very old perfumes by Guerlain like L'Heure Bleue that I can still find something to like about. Not Chanel No. 5. Although the ads and commercials are great! I guess they have to be, right, in order to sell it? ;-)

on 6/12/2012 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Here's a fragrance that doesn't deserve half of the praise it gets. I have it in my collection, because, well, it IS a classic...but I definitely don't whip it out often. The scent is very Chanel, though...AKA, not me! It's not sexy at all...

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I don't understand the hype. I wonder if people would still celebrate this perfume as much if they didn't know it was Chanel. It smells like talcum powder, and it's a scent I would rather buy for my grandmother than myself. And the price is absolutely ridiculous. In Australia it's about $160 for a 50mL bottle and $200 and something for the 100mL.

on 9/14/2011 11:15:00 PM

revisited my edp, the weather is getting colder...wanting something maybe alittle heavier for the season transition. I'm not crazy about the top notes at all, but love the middle and the dry down....I'm really really crazy about this....pretty sure I will wear this all winter, in small doses...:)

on 5/27/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I sprayed this on me when I was at Le Bay few weeks ago. I almost jumped out of my skin at how bad this perfume smelled. It reminded me of an old grandaunt who keeps leftover perfumes from 30 years ago and they have all gone funky and horrid. I couldn't wait to run to the bathroom to wash it off from me. I read that Marilyn Monroe claimed this was the only thing she wore to bed, but Marilyn isn't living in 2011 where perfumes have evolved, tastes have changed and we are now spoilt for choices. I consider myself quite an old-fashioned girl at heart but even then, this perfume is just too old-smelling.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am a Chanel addict. Coco Chanel is my role model - truly the most elegant woman. And no5 is the most elegant fragrance i've ever smelled!

I never understood chanel no5 when i was much younger, ive only recently in my 20's started appreciating this iconic fragrance. It takes a certain amount of sophisticated taste to really appreciate no5.

I love Chanel fragrances! I have Chance (EDP and Eau Fraiche), Coco Mademoiselle, Coco, No 5 Premiere and No 5. And they are all classy as you can expect from Chanel. Here is what I think:

1 - If you want to feel classy and FRESH - Chance
2 - If you want to feel classy and SEXY and FLIRTY - Coco Mademoiselle
3 - If you want to feel classy and SOPHISTICATED and warm feeling like you're wrapped in a cashmere blanket - COCO
4 - If you want to feel classy and FEMININE - No 5 is the fragrance for you.

No 5 makes me feel ultra feminine, alluring and confident. Wearing this I know i am turning heads.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I adore this fragrance and I always have at least a bottle. I don't wear it everyday, I switch off with other fragrances. I fell in love with #5 when I was in my late 20's and early 30's.
I will go out on a limb and state that this fragrance is for a more mature woman. I'm not stating that it's an "old-lady" fragrance :-D. It is a sophisticated and complex fragrance and that type of fragrance can be difficult to carry unless you have enough life experience or to put it bluntly enough miles on you whereby this fragrance can be very alluring. I usually detest floral based fragrances but this one---is elegant and warm and my Husband says it smells divine on the nape of my neck. What more could a girl ask for, no matter how old that girl is? continued >>

Popular Fragrances