Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 9/4/2015 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I received this as a gift. I realize scent is subjective, but to me this smells like diaper cream and I can't stand it. I really like Chance by Chanel and was able to exchange the No. 5 for a bottle of Chance. I don't understand all the fuss about this perfume. But to many women it's iconic. I'll leave it to them.

I love this and I'm only 20. I think it smells so cozy and woodsy on my skin. Also, whats with all the "eww grandma" comments? Thats so rude. Whats wrong with grandmas or old people, we all get old?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this perfume. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy so many bottles! Smells amazing, doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, but it does go a few hours for me, longer on clothing.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ah the legendary Chanel No. 5

I tried to be as open minded as possible about this perfume, but I just don't understand the hype. The bottle is beautiful. That's the best thing about it. But the smell isn't so great. It reminds me of what elderly women smell like. This fragrance was popular back in their times so this perfume was a hit back then. But times have changed. Women want a sweet smelling perfume now. The only reason I own this perfume is because my mother gave it to me. I only have it on my nightstand as decoration. I don't really wear it. Every now and then I'll spritz some on so I can feel like Marilyn, but I'm not a huge fan.

Finally I have tried a sample of the legend , and collected the courage to add my own review , this is not a scent , this is a legendary character , I feel it's alive ! ..That's why you should wait for the right time till you can deal with it ..To all young girls , or those who haven't had the story of their life yet , wait & see ...I should also add it's a shape shifting perfume , the Mystique of the x -character , It kind of gives you the shape & conduct you have always have been a bit timid to do or try ..
Update I wore it to the most life changing date of my life and it stood up exactly to its great reputation :) Ladies , this is the scent you wear when you have the story of your life , this is not just something nice to add or play with ..Merci Mademoiselle Chanel for 100 years of encouraging women to be just feminine and being THEM :)

on 3/11/2015 12:24:00 PM

This perfume should be named "essence of grandma". It smells old and powdery. Simply horrific!

on 3/2/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always love having a bottle this in the Parum Spray. However, the No. 5 body crème is unbelievable! Just a teeny, tiny dab give fabulous fragrance. My husband loves this. I put a very small amount on a week and two days ago and my after-bath sweats still smell No. 5.

on 3/2/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

if you are under 30 it may be too mature for you just like Chanel fashion is. It's a great classic scent not at all floral-more musky...definitely strong and lasting. I suggest using the bath gels over the stronger perfume. They are decadent and strong but don't leave such a strong scent behind.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My No. 5 perfume literally spoiled and went sour because I couldn't bear to use it over the course of a few years. What a shame to waste such a pricey bottle of juice. All I can say is I'm one for unique, sexy, and sophisticated fragrances that nobody around me wears or can pinpoint. This one is old lady trapped in a bottle. I don't care if it's Chanel, which I covet. Men hate it and it gives me a headache.

on 11/22/2014 1:54:00 PM

No 5 for me is the epitome of perfection. I cant understand it. Its just so sparkling, so elaborate. It's like the shine of a star, its pure light. I often wonder how the shape of the bottle and the color of it perfectly matches the brilliance of the scent.
No5 makes me feel as if everything is ok, as if theres a good ending to all stories, and nothing can ever go wrong.

Popular Fragrances