bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

3.6

on 4/11/2009 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i could do without the rest of this line, but the mineral veil is a must for me. i am pretty sure i'm sensitive to mica, and BE doesn't put it in their finishing powder. YAY!

i may splurge on MUFE HD powder just to try it out, but this is half the price, so i'm sure i'll come back to it no matter what. loooove mineral veil. and best of all, the little jar lasts for months and months.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this Mineral Veil better than their foundation. It does not contain the Bismuth that makes me itch but it does contain Corn Starch, which can irritate some people's skin. I've never noticed this, for myself.

I have very oily skin and it's OK for that...but just OK. It doesn't control it nearly as much as I need it to. I wouldn't buy this again. It's not worth the money.

on 3/19/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is a total scam and doesn't work at all, its quite ridiculous...I bought these just because I wanted to try them out since my friends were obsessed, well they were very upset to find this product to be almost complete cornstarch.

Complete waste of money

on 3/4/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff has got to be the most overhyped product out there, Granted I have normal skin and don't have to worry about oil but honestly, it's just a regular powder to set your makeup, and for $24?? seriously? Total waste of money, I'm going back to CoverGirl. Don't ever take it away because the top part fills up and will be hell to deal with.

on 2/26/2009 10:30:00 PM

i love this stuff. it feels sooo good on your skin when you put it on (with the kabuki brush).. it feels so soft.. like fresh silk sheets. its light, sheer, and just makes you look airbrushed finished. i have been and will continue to repurchase this

on 2/12/2009 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ugh, I hate Mineral Veil. This accentuates fine lines (and I'm only 18!), dries out my skin, and makes my face look flat. But maybe this is because I don't use a powder foundation? I suppose this would work better for someone who uses the rest of the Bare Escentuals line.

I use this over tinted moisturizer and think it gives a nice finish. I purchased it on ebay a while back with the BE mineral foundation but never used them together because I liked the finish of the foundation on it's own. Quit using the minerals because they seemed to accentuate fine lines (adding mineral veil did not change that) but stashed the veil away for some reason. I recently unearthed it when I needed something to give a bit of a finish to my face over tinted moisturizer.

I like that it's not really a matte finish but not dewy either. I can't feel it on my face (that icky dry tight feeling) when I smile which is a problem for me with a lot of powders. Doesn't feel cakey or stiff on my very dry skin and doesn't look powdery or mask-like.

I won't re-puchase this if I can find a less expensive alternative but I do think it's a very nice product.

on 1/13/2009 11:20:00 PM

I used to wear Bare Escentuals foundation but I stopped several years ago. I still use the mineral veil, it's the only product I like. It's good at removing shine and I can apply it several times a day without buildup. I have to use it with a light hand, though, or my skin will look too white/powdery. It goes over the tinted moisturizer I use as foundation. I also use this to set my eyemakeup primer. On non-makeup days I just put this over my regular moisturizer or sunscreen (in the summer).

I do think it's a little pricy and eventually I hope to find a replacement for this product. For now, though, it is fine. Just a little messy.

This has a great silky flawless finish. I recently learned that if you apply it before your foundation as well as after your finished that it enhances your skin even more and helps control oil...HOWEVER if you have blemish prone skin DO NOT use it!!! The cornstarch that helps control oil also feeds acne causing bacteria! Your just giving the suckers what they want...

on 1/7/2009 7:58:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it seems to me itīs impossible to like anything from BE - Iīm disappointed with everything Iīve ever tried. I donīt like the smell and I think it doesnīt last very long.
UPDATE Maybe this one BE product isnīt so bad, my skin starts to tolerate it quite well and actually Iīm starting to like it. But I donīt think I will buy it again.