bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

on 5/22/2010 10:53:00 AM

I hate BE products because I swear they make me look dramatically OLDER - and I've noticed that effect with many other women, too. I've tried the products several times, but the older I get, the worse they make me look. Mineral Veil is the one exception. This is a really good finishing powder - super fine-milled with just the tiniest touch of illumination - NOT sparkles. When applied lightly with a kabuki brush, it sets make-up nicely and looks invisible close-up - which is what a setting powder is supposed to do. Not sure I'd buy again because there are so many cheaper products on the market, but it really does work nicely.

on 5/17/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hands down, cannot live without it. Beautiful finish, minimizes pores, absorbs excess oil and sets makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love mineral veil! It really puts the icing on the cake after foundation and concealer. I actually like the illuminating on with the sparkles in it. I love anything shimmery. I feel it really gives my face a wonderful glow. I'll wear this over liquid foundation in the rare occasion that I wear it. It is just the ultimate touch in applying face makeup.

on 2/15/2010 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i hate every thing about bare Escentuals apart from the brushes and the Mineral Veil. i use this over mac studo fix fluid and i loved it, it made my skin feel super soft and shine free. i havent used this in 2years but after trying every thing else im thinking of buying this again

on 2/7/2010 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This does work relatively well as a setting powder, but I find its effect to be quite short lived. Strange, because I can wear the tinted version with no makeup underneath in the summer as my foundation, and it lasts all day. It's not a terrible product, but I am not someone who wants to touch up my makeup throughout the day, so it's not for me. Also, if you have sensitive eyes like I do, I'd be careful of using it too close to your eyes. I find it very irritating if any gets too close.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best secret I have found to really get some smooth, non-shiny, natural skin post-foundation. I use just a little liquid foundation, cover up a mark or two, put this on and wow! Seriously good stuff. I'm eyeballing the brand's mineral foundation as well.. it's pricey, gah! but it's good stuff. Buy it.

on 12/7/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Mineral Veil is a def. staple in my makeup routine. I use it over my BE in Medium Tan, and it does not lighten or change the color of my foundation. This sets my makeup perfectly, and minimizes my pores and helps blur flaws. It also offers excellent oil control, with other powders I was re-powdering every hour or 2, and with this I can go more like 4 or 5 hours, which is no small feat. I was using Everyday Minerals finishing dust, which is also corn starch based, but that one has the tendency to stick to facial hairs and LOOK powdery which I hated. BE's is smoother, and does not cause that problem. LOVE BE and LOVE MV!

on 12/3/2009 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this translucent powder on top of my fairly light foundation to set my look. I buff it in with my kabuki brush.
It does work well at setting your look and taking away any shine (if there was any to begin with) but i do not find that it works through out the day as my nose sometimes gos shiny.

on 11/1/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I first tried mineral veil a few years ago when I bought the BE starter kit from sephora. I don't remember feeling positive or negative about the product, but i used up the whole jar so i guess i liked it! Well years later, a friend mentioned that she used mineral veil over her bronzer and her skin always looks great so i figured i would give it another go. Well this time around, i couldn't tell when i had the product on vs. when i didn't. Even worse, I started getting breakouts and tiny little bumps on my forehead and chin. I wish i never repurchased - gave it to my friend who was thrilled to have a brand new jar of this crap :)

on 10/30/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this stuff! It sets my foundation, helps to control shine and gives my skin an air brushed look. I can use it for touch ups during the day & it never looks cakey or powdery on my skin! I can't live without it. My only gripe about this is the packaging, ,as with most of the BE products, its packaged in a sifter jar & since its so light, it often pours too much product into the lid that gets "lost" when I have to put the lid back on. I think that it would be perfect with the new "click, lock, go" sifter packaging that the new matte foundation has. :)