bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

I somehow ended up with 6 of the sample sizes of this powder and I'm glad I did. This powder gives an airbrushed look to any type of foundation: liquid, powder, cream, mousse, tinted moisturizer.
Great product!

on 1/23/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Blurs imperfections, is a nice colour and keeps your face fairly matte all day.
BUT it runs out fast as the amount in each package is small and it's costly to keep up.

on 9/27/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product to put overtop of any foundation. The trick is to use a tiny bit of it. If you want an airbrush finish than you should not see any product on your brush. It is not meant to be worn on its own. It is supposed to compliment your foundation. It is super light and gives a very natural finish. It is an essential product of anyones make up bag!

This claims to impart a flawless, airbrushed complexion. I did not get that at all. I have relatively good skin, I just wanted something to blur whatever slight imperfections/flaws my skin had. I saw no difference at all. When trying o layer this, I looked so powdery. Not oil absorbing whatsoever. I've had people comment on how shiny my face looks. Embarrassing! Does not cover pores. Overall, did not achieve what it said it would. Disappointing. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Good setting powder, but I prefer Everyday Minerals "Finishing Dust". They both are corn starch, but Bare Minerals contain stearate fillers, EM does not. The sheer/original Mineral Veil has an orange hue that does not really work for my fair skin. When I used Bare Minerals when they first came out (~10 years ago) I remember that the veil was not this orangey, so I'm not happy with that. It does control oil and sets foundation well, but it's not the best. For a better, but similar option, I use Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust; it's pure and works well (for less $, too), if not better, than Bare Minerals. Overall, it's not a bad product, but it's not for me.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I think this is a good loose powder. I use it over (and sometimes under as well) my BE foundation. It is NOT sparkly as I read some people say, at least not on me. It looks pink in the box, but it is transparent on the skin. A bit expensive, but worth the money.

on 1/29/2012 12:28:00 AM

I really like Mineral Veil. I first got it years ago in a Bare Escentuals Starter Kit, but I didn't use it too much at first. I feel like this is unnecessary to use over Bare Escentuals foundations, because it's just like putting powder over powder. But over liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers, this is great! I simply use this as a setting powder and it helps control oil and gives my skin a glowing finish. I'm not a big fan of setting powders in general. I feel that certain brands of powder work well over some brands of foundation and not so well over others. But Mineral Veil has worked wonderfully over every foundation I have tried. It never fails to give me a healthy, radiant look.
You do have to be careful with this, though. The packaging is awful. This powder is thinner than the Bare Escentuals foundation, so when you tap the product from the container into the lid, much more spills into the lid than you need. And if you use too much of this, it will make you look pale. But using this enough, you'll eventually get the hang of it.
The best thing I found out about this product is how to use it alone. I'm not overly self-conscious or anything, but every now and then I'll have taken my makeup off for the day, only to remember I have to run to the store, or have my friends invite me over. Sometimes in these cases, I don't want to do a full face of makeup, but I want to at least look presentable. When this happens, I dust Mineral Veil all over my face, maybe add a little mascara, and viola! I look much better than I did with hardly any effort. Alone, this obviously won't cover up redness or blemishes or anything, but it helps mattify your face while making you glow. I can't tell you how many times this little trick has helped me out.
I'm really glad I found Mineral Veil, because it's honestly a product I would have always passed by and never tried. I believe Bare Escentuals now makes this in a pressed powder form, which I will definitely be trying out when I run out of my current Mineral Veil.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Didn't set my makeup well, did nothing for oil control, make my under eye look dry and cakey. Reject.

on 9/13/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Well its not great. Considering how expensive it is i had hoped it would be a bit better, in all honesty the E.L.F Mineral Powder is better! After foundation i apply concealer to any blemishes and under my eyes, for some reason this powder just sticks to concealer and makes my face look patchy and blotchy, no other powder i own does this its freakin' annoying, I wouldnt buy it again will definately stick to my MSF!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using BE products for over 5 years and I love using mineral veil over my bare minerals foundation. I can tap on a little halfway through the day to combat oil. If I'm having a great skin day I might pop on a little concealer, mascara and a touch of mineral veil to give my skin a bit of luminosity.

However, I do not like to use it with my liquid foundation, it gives off a chalky effect and since I am fair I don't need any additional help with that. ;)
(I use the original, I'm not a fan of the illuminating or tinted mineral veils as they contain bismuth which makes my skin itch.)

I'm sure I will rebuy this in the future but I would only reccomend it if you are using a mineral foundation as well.