Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/24/2018 6:21:00 PM

Granted this is a great product, but I find Shadow Insurance to be less oily - and have less of yellow tint on my more neutral skin. I kind of get some eyeliner transfer (I tend to use gel or liquid) when I use UD primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

An oldie but a goodie. I've used this throughout all the repackagings and reformulations and it still remains my favorite eye primer. It drastically enhances the vividness and intensity of eyeshadows and locks them in place for the whole day. The texture is perfect for the job, too - not too dry and crumbly and not too oily. I will never do an eye look without priming first, because everything just looks mediocre without it. Good eyeshadows, bad eyeshadows... every eyeshadow benefits from it.

The wand applicator is pretty annoying but it doesn't take away from how great the formula is.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer,honestly the price is fair for what it does and how long it lasts.I don't use any other primer unless I am running errands and don't care about my eyeshadow.This primer really does help keep your eyeshadows locked in,but doesn't stop them from being blendable.Doesn't smell,a little goes a long way,and it goes on smoothly.

on 2/9/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

I was told by many ladies that this is THE eyeshadow primer that beats the others. Maybe it's my oily lids, maybe I need wand-application education, but I really didn't like this primer. My shadow creased pretty quickly around the 3 hour mark and the wand did not let me know when I was out of primer. I preferred the tube much more for control of application. I have since moved on to others but am still on the search for THE eyeshadow primer that will keep my shadow on post work hours.

on 1/5/2018 3:26:00 PM

This eyeshadow primer is AMAZING! I can't live without it. I don't wear it daily, when I'm going for a lighter makeup look with little or no eyeshadow. But if I'm doing a full face makeup, this is the cat's meow. It has literally never creased on me. Even on nights when I fall asleep without washing off my makeup (it's not that often, but happens... ooops!) my eye makeup still looks flawless and creaseless in the morning, which is unbelievable.

I understand that people don't like the packaging with the wand. I'm still using the tubes. Since I love this so much and I was moving overseas, I bought a couple of tubes at the same time and because you only need a tiny bit of product each time, one tube has lasted me for at least two years and still going. And it doesn't seem to spoil easily. It has not dried out, separated, or anything. And I still have a full, unopened squeeze tube.

I do think that the wand is stupid and UB should go back to the squeeze tube design. It's much more sanitary and prevents the product from drying out. But regardless, if I ran out of this, I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly cannot live without this primer!! I have oily eyelids and this will last for at least 12 hours without budging. I totally recommend. Don't forget to set it after you apply it.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last empty tube of this and will not be re-purchasing. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and I actually like it better. Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick Milani up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator AND at a fraction of the cost?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 11/8/2017 12:30:00 PM

I have yet to find a dupe of this primer; but for now, I'm gonna keep buying it because it makes everything else I put on my eyes last longer + makes colors more vivid.

Video Reviews & Tutorials