CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 5/23/2013 10:06:00 PM

I have used several bottle of this. Very nice product for oil/combined skin

on 5/12/2013 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The sales assistant recommended me to get the DDM Gel as I have oily skin. After using Clinique's liquid facial soap (combination oily) and the clarifying lotion #3, I squeeze out four tiny dots of DDMG and spread the product on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.

After 4 months:
1. My skin, particularly at the t-zone area, still turns into a massive oily mess after 3-4 hours of the DDMG application.

Note: when I first started using it, my skin took about 8 hours for the oily shine to show. Perhaps my skin has gotten 'used' to the DDMG?

2. In terms of moisturizing my skin, this does a poor job to my skin! I'm still getting comments from my facialist that my skin is extremely dehydrated.
3. No visible improvement in my skin texture, acne scars and uneven skintone.

I will not repurchase.

on 12/24/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely love this gel moisturizer. it feels amazing on your face, its great for summer. its extremely light weight and doesnt leave my skin feeling greasy. Im not sure id recommend it for the winter as my skin does get more dry and needs more moisture. It is extremely expensive for a facial moisturizer. a bottle would last me approx 3 months being used twice a day 1-2 pumps per use. I dont always buy the moisturizer but when i feel like splurging i would definitely purchase again.

on 10/12/2012 3:52:00 PM

"Nice moisturizers than most of others. However, not good as L'Occitane Red Rice Ultra Matte Fluid. 4 points". These are my review after few days used. Now, after 2 weeks, I changed. This gel clog pore, make my skin have acne again and worse than in the past. Really terrible moisturizer for acne skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have always had very oily acne prone skin. Throughout my teenage I could never apply any moisturizer on my face without breaking out. I was so afraid of putting anything on my face that for years, I went without using any moisturizer. When I was 22, I got the worst cystic acne. Two years of trying every possible medication later, my dermatologist finally gave me something which cured my acne. When I was 24, I was left with dry scarred facial skin. Thats when I dared to try Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. And it changed my life! It feels like water on skin and gets absorbed very easily and does not leave behind any greasy feeling. Day after day, month after month, I started noticing drastic improvement on my face. It was like a miracle! I'm so thankful to this brand for creating such a life-saving product and I can say for sure, I will be using it for a very very long time!

on 8/30/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I brought this product along with the step 3 toner because its supposed to be created for oily skin but it didn't work out for me. Minutes after apply the gel my skin will look oily. It doesnt have spf which sucks.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I just don't understand the hype around this moisturiser. It is just a very average product. It doesn't even get absorbed into the skin, when I wash my face, I can feel it. However one thing I don't understand is why this makes my skin darker. I used this for over 2 months and it darkened my skin though I wore sunscreen over it. And not just me, this happened with my mom and sister-in-law as well. The DDML also had the same effect. I don't know why this happened but I'm surely not buying this or DDML again. There's no return policy here so I'm just going to throw away what I have left.

Short and sweet:

Best for very oily skin or borderline oily combination skin. Otherwise it's not enough moisture.
Pricey, but it works. But too pricey for me to not look for alternatives.
Smell is alright. It's kinda love it or hate it.

No bad side effects, it was good while it lasted, but onto something new. Good product, bad price, you've heard this story before! :)

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have gone through a few bottles of this moisturizer. I think it's most suitable for people with oilier complexions and don't need as much moisture. I personally have combination skin leaning on the oily side and I found that this didn't give me enough moisture for my drier areas like my cheeks and only seemed to make my oilier areas (forehead, nose, chin) even oilier. Overtime, I also found that it was breaking me out with only a few spots here (which is why it took me a long time to realize that the moisturizer was the culprit). I don't think it's a horrible moisturizer but for the money, I don't think it's worth it. I find the Simple Lite Hydrator to have a similar texture and feel to this moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I do not understand the hype around this. I had been wanting to try this for a long time but would check the ingredients and convince myself that it was not better than my all-natural green beaver lotion.
But I finally caved in when this summer my skin was getting too oily.
I am gravely dissapointed. This neither controls oil nor moisturises my skin. It just sits on top, being a sticky plasticky mess. My st-ives body lotion absorbs better into my skin. This just sits on top...and yes I do exfoliate using AHAs.
I will never repurcahse and cannot for the life of me understand why this is so popular.