CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 4/8/2008 10:30:00 PM

I like this product. It makes my skin feel smooth and I have noticed my wrinkles in my forhead and around my mouth ( ) are not as deep. I would buy again. I think it's a nice way to prepare your face for foundation.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I think that I like the idea of this moisturizer more than the actual use of the product. I say this because on paper this product has some really great ingredients for oily skin types. For example it contains an extract of laminaria saccharina. This extract helps to reduce sebum oil and fights oil oxidation and it is listed as the 7th ingredient in this moisturizing gel. Another great active ingredient in this is Phytofix which is a blend of barley, sunflower seedcake and cucumber extracts. Phytofix claims to contain soluble sphingolipids, triglycerides and sterols to mimic the structure of the skin’s lipidic membrane. This means that the formula will help deliver lipids to the skin in an efficient manner which will hlep with moisturisation and skin clarity. It also has the yeast extract, Sacchromyces lysate which is supposed to combat skin irrritation and help with tissue regeneration. Lastly, it also has three great moisturizers: glycerin, hyaluronic acid and trehalose. Hyaluronic helps hold moisture onto the skin. Glycerin is a well-known humectant that attracts moisture to the skin. Trehalose, when applied topically, may allow the skin to retain moisture that it would otherwise lose. So, it has all these really great ingredients. But it causes my combination skin to break out and is not hydrating at all. Go figure.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am so glad that Clinique formulated this moisturizer into an oil-free gel for acne-prone skin types. The original DDML formula is just too greasy for my skin -- I broke out everytime I used it. I recently received the DDM Gel in a swap and I love it! It goes on silky smooth and feels incredibly lightweight on my face. Right now my skin is super dry and irritated due to Retin-A. Right now, this is the only moisturizer I can put on my face that doesn't sting. It soothes and moisturizes my skin without make it feel greasy or causing breakouts. I will definitely be purchasing this moisturizer in the future!

on 1/12/2008 5:57:00 PM

I'm happy so far and I like the pump dispenser. I use this only in the morning before sunscreen. Doesn't leave my face dry or greasy and absorbs quickly. I didn't give it 5 lippies yet because I have only been using it for a few weeks!

This is my new HG moisturizer. I bought it in the smallest format, just incase my skin didn't agree with it. I have great skin with no blemishes, pimples or large pores. I would like to keep it that way too. I do however have very sensitive skin that always reacts to whatever I use to moisturize it. Thank God I read all the reviews here on MUA, it comes highly recommended. I've been using it for over a week now and my skin looks flawless. It's extremely light weight, which works great for my skin. It feels weightless on and it soaks in immediately. It doesn't offer alot of moisture, just a minimal amount, keep that in mind. My face feels like silk and looks gorgeous. I highly recommend this as a very light moisturizer for sensitive skin. I will keep repurchasing this gel, it works too good for me not too !!
*UPDATE* December 25, 2007:
This still hasn't caused any breakouts BUT.......................I have to apply a ton of it even to get the slightest moisture, when I do this it dries on my face before it soaks in and forms a really weird film. I've stopped using it for a few days and gone back to Olay sensitive skin oil free lotion, hopefully it won't break me out again. With the forced air heating on all the time my usually oily skin has become quite dry. I would only recommend this gel to those of you that need the slightest moisture with extremely oily skin.

on 12/13/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product for oily skin! Absorbs quickly, is hydrating yet doesn't feel greasy or add to shine, leaves skin feeling super soft and looking dewy. I have purchased this in both the smaller tube and the bottle with pump, and will only purchase the tube in the future- the bottle is elegant, but impractical, and the style of the pump is really a pain. I would buy again, but this is too light for me (as in not moisturizing enough). Even though I have very oily skin, I am also prone to getting dry. I will look for an oil-free moisturizer with more protective and anti-aging properties and more richness.

on 8/11/2007 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the regular Dramatically Different lotion but my face is too oily for it and it tends to break me out a bit. Yes, I have the misfortune of having very oily skin with surface flaking. The gel product is perfect for my oily skin and leaves it smooth and soft without adding to the oil on my face. I do still use the regular formula in certain areas in the winter where I flake more (like around my nose) but the gel formula is perfect for all over face treatment.

on 7/24/2007 9:14:00 PM

Good, decent moisturizer that you don't have to skip eating for a month in order to buy. It moisturized without making my face incredibly greasy. As with most Clinique products, I particularly like the sterile, bland fragrance - this combined with the strange, yellow milky consistency - it's almost futuristic - albeit the claim to "dramatically different" fame (I suppose).

on 6/28/2007 6:30:00 AM

An excellent moisturiser which deals with my combination skin perfectly. I take a 50ml tube of this with me when I travel (and use the mens version which is identical - m-gel, 100ml, when at home).

It is quite soothing over freshly shaven skin and doesn't cause me to break out. It's also excellent value for money. I've tried many other brands, some of which have been 5 times the price of this, and always end up coming back to Clinique.

on 5/26/2007 8:24:00 AM

I've been using this before applying Superdefense for oily/combo skin and I can honestly say I will never look back. This truly has to be the best moisturiser I've ever used and I've used loads. No heavy overpowering scents, does not leave a nasty oily slick over my face, blackheads minimal. It's just perfectly balanced and sinks right in. Is monumentally better than the lotion which was way too greasy. This has been a staple of my skin care routine for over a year now, just wish they had come out with this years ago, I would have saved millions on useless, expensive moisturisers:(