CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 11/1/2015 7:44:00 AM

Clinique should give this moisturizing gel a different name because this doesn't feel the same as the lotion. I was skeptical to try it for the longest time because of its name. I break out using the lotion. This gel is completely different upon application. It's light and feels clean on the skin. It moisturizing enough on my combination/oily skin. I wish it has spf but that would mean the formula would change. Great for night time because I get oily too while sleeping.

on 10/12/2015 7:43:00 PM

I really love this moisturizer. I have normal/oily skin and especially love this in the summer when a lot of other moisturizers seem too heavy. It sinks in to your skin fast and makes it feel soft and silky. It's so light that if you have very oily skin it won't make you break out. It's a bit too light for the colder weather but i do like layering it over serums.

on 8/20/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought this since it was for oily skin. This gel caused my skin to feel tight and created extra lines on my face. My skin did not become dry but it wasn't moisturized since the product just kind of sat on my skin. It caused my skin to get extra oily as well. My skin is slightly oily on it's own, not a big deal, but this product made my skin look oily enough as if I'd been sweating all day. Stopped using this after a week and returned it. This made me sad because I like that it had a pump, was fragrance free and the price is a good deal for the large amount of product you get. Clinique needs to go back to the drawing board on this and the + lotion. Perhaps return to the original lotion recipe?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had read lots about this moisturiser and thought I would give it a go especially after a friend had used it for years. When I put it on it felt nice and my skin did not break out but after a day or two of using my skin felt dry and there was nothing else on my face other than my regular cleanser that I had used before.

I am not sure if I would call this a dramatically different moisturiser but its OK perhaps for someone who has normal skin or a younger skin and it did nothing dramatic to mine making it rather average which is why I have not given it a high rating.

One of my favourite moisturizers of all time, this light lotion-gel from Clinique when you look at the formula actually contains a higher amount of anti-irritants and soothing agents than the original Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

It is definitely an improved formula and after cleansing and toning really sinks in, contains no oil whatsoever. Those with combination to Oily skin will really find this valuable. Addressing skins' needs without feeling heavy or occlusive. Of course one should always experiment, so ask the Clinique consultant for a sample to make sure it suits your skin and you find it pleasing to use. The main point is that the ingredient listing is very good, so all skin types can benefit.

Highly recommend this, would repurchase this as well as the DDML +

I love the texture of this but unfortunately it makes me break out

on 9/13/2014 9:48:00 AM

I use this under foundation. It doesn't have an SPF so it works well under foundations that do have an SPF. Blends well and soaks into the skin quickly. Very gentle for sensitive skin.

on 8/24/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Wow. This stuff is amazing. I have spent years searching for the perfect moisturiser and now I have found it. Please never discontinue this clinique, it really is dramatically different! Love it so much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased the small size oil free version just to try it for summer when my skin tends to be a little bit more oily, my skin is normal to dry with a few occasional hormonal breakouts I used it after my also brand new glam glow super mud mask, the next day I had four whiteheads on my T zone, I thought it was the mask so I applied a spot treatment at night and my origins night cream, in the morning my skin was clear again ... so, I washed my face and apply again the moisturizer and by the afternoon I had again the white heads, so it wasn't the mask it was the moisturizer!!! I have used the mask after that so, it was weird the reaction in my skin :( I use it on my neck and chest just to finish it since in the store I bought it there is not return policy

I don't get the whole Clinique 3 Step thing, it just doesn't work! I used all of the products (in 3, for oily skin) religiously for three years, only to find that I got better effects on my skin from products which cost half the price. I don't understand what is so dramatically different about this: It's a nice consistency, goes on well and does the job of moisturising without creating an oil slick on your face, but that's it really, nothing much different to any other brand. I think it's grossly over priced for what it is and the whole 3 Step System has taught me a valuable lesson in not believing the hype.