CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 5/5/2007 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far I really, really like this! I've been using it for a few days and I would know by now if it was going to give me trouble and so far, it's great. I have dry skin that's breakout prone (mild but frequent acne) and easily clogged pores. Even the silicone in this stuff isn't bothering me. It's smooth, light and moisturizing without feeling like there's anything on my skin. I use Paula's AHA's and BHA's but I can't use them everyday, so I needed a basic but light moisturizer for night time when I don't want to use a treatment product. So far, this feels great and my skin is nice and smooth. It has a bit of fragrance when first applied, but it goes away after 30 seconds, so that's good for those of us that don't like scented stuff on our faces. Come winter this might be *too* light a moisturizer but I have 6 months till I have to worry about that! Thanks to everyone who reviewed this product! (By the way, I only use this at night, I use Ombrelle sunscreen during the day as my moisturizer.) **UPDATE** - This is HG!!! Using this in combination with Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion (Toner) my skin hasn't looked this good in years! My skin is so smooth and the blotchiness is going away - and best of all, my acne and blackheads are so diminished! I don't know if it's the Gel or Lotion or a combo of both (I suspect the latter) but either way, I'm sticking with this routine.

on 4/25/2007 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gah! I broke out in places that i never break out.....I got huge zits under my eyes, WTF? Plus it didn't even moisturize! I switched back to my Total Skin Care Glycolic gel and my face is returning back to normal....

on 1/7/2007 1:16:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer. It dries fast, helps keep me less oily during the day, hasn't broken me out. Not much of a scent, lovely texture, pump bottle is fine. It could be a tiny bit more moisturizing, but all in all it's great. I will repurchase.

I have combo/dry skin and this isn't moisturizing enough for me. It is also high in silicones which break me out.

Ingredients: water, dimethicone, isododecane, butylene glycol, bis-peg-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, glycerin, laminaria saccharina extract, lactobacillus ferment, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumber fruit extract, barley extract, sunflower seedcake, caffeine, trehalose, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, chamomilla recutita, polysilicone-11, silica, propylene glycol dicaprate, oleth-10, laureth-23, laureth-4, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, carbomer, tromethamine, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, yellow 5, red 4, yellow 6. continued >>

on 8/2/2006 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel has become my HG moisturizer of all time! And I have very dry skin. I guess what my super dry skin needs is light moisturization not thick goopy stuff. Anything thick with or w/o oil makes me break out or irritates my face.

However, I can't believe people think that $23.00 for 4.2 oz. is expensive. To me that is extremely cheap. They also have a 2 oz. tube for $13.00 if you prefer. I was using a cream that cost $35 for 2 oz for day and one for night for $55.

Now I use DDM Gel every morning under my BE or EM MMUs that come with SPF 15 (I can't use liquid SPF) and I'm good to go. FYI - it also makes a great inexpensive primer (Smashbox Primer alone is $36.00). The MMU goes on sooo smooth and stays put all day long since I've switched to DDM Gel.

I use Biotherm Biosensitive Gel-Creme at night for $32.00 for 1.69 oz. which I also find affordable and recommend. Both have terrific antioxidants. I would say that if it works then it's worth $$$.

I've tried many drugstore brands but they have not worked for me - guess it is just my sensitive skin. But there are even drugstore brands that sell for $20.00!

Anyway, love this lotion. It saved from from a reaction to Philosophy products. They gave me small pimples and red itchy skin.

I think it depends on your particular type of skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful moisturizer! I have very oily skin in my T-Zone, but the skin on my cheeks and around my eyes is normal. This Dramatically Different Gel is light and sheer enough for my oily T-Zone, but it is also hydrating enough to keep my normal cheeks and the delicate skin around my eyes nice and soft. It absorbs very quickly and leaves a soft, matte finish that lasts all day and night. It does NOT clog my pores or cause any shiny-ness on my oily skin areas. Also, the light gel consistancy feels very soft and silky on the skin. It feels very calming for my skin. I like it a lot! Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel definitely deserves 5 little lippies! :)

on 2/19/2006 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have combo skin (very oily t-zone) and DDMG is a great primer under foundation. Keeps my skin matte, no matter what I use over it, and provides an even base for foundation. The gel absorbs easily, is fragrance free and feels nice on my skin.
EDIT: Okay, so I wrote that in winter. It didn't keep me matte nearly as well during summer, but it's never broken me out and is still a nice moisturizer.

on 1/4/2006 11:39:00 PM

This gel is great unlike the other this does not break my sensitive but oily skin out like the dramaticly difference lotion have worn clinique skin care and make up for years I was so glad when they came out with this gel so much better than the original that everyone pushes. This gel is awesome makes my skin feel smooth and soft and not greasy at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The DDM Gel is a pretty good product for people who have oily skin. It gave my oily skin a matte look for most of the day. However since I have a severe milk allergy, I had to discontinue using it. The moisturizer has the ingredient "lactobacillus ferment." After doing some research on the internet, I found out this is a milk derivative. I noticed that my throat seemed to tighten a bit and I broke out in hives when I used it, so I had to take a antihistamine to prevent further damage. If you have a severe-severe milk allergy and use this moisturizer, I suggest you have your Epi-Pen on hand. I am still a faithful user of Clinique other products, though.

on 10/23/2005 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I guess I do not have to say much b/c of all the rave reviews here already. This is a really nice, light, yet moisturizing lotion. I have combo. skin and it moisturizes my dry cheeks and does not make my oily T-zone break-out. It sinks in fast and leaves a matte finish. I took off 1 extra lippie b/c I am waiting for Clinique to add SPF, then it would be a 4 out of 5!