CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 12/30/2016 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

As a teenager with very oily skin in a very humid country this is God send. I've used this for almost 2 years now and as always it is very consistent, it does its job of being an awesome moisturizer but the price might be too high for those who just wants to moisturize their face without all the glam the brand includes. I am still on the hunt for my HG moisturizer but this is currently on top of my list.

on 12/29/2016 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG. HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND WOW.
OIL PRODUCTION = DIMINISHED.
this is the only moisturizer that helps prevent oil production through out the day. I mean WOW. By 10 pm, I am still pretty flawless. The price is pretty okay for what it is doing. I would definitely repurchase. Oily girls-- PLEASE give this a try. Sometimes your foundation is good but moisturizer is wrong. I was about to change my foundation bc i could not deal with the oilyness. This has allowed me to keep the foundation I want and keep away the shine! Super amazing.
This is a good time to buy because they usually have the huge 6 oz size for a good price around the holidays.

on 12/17/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great for acne-prone skin. Very little fragrance. A container usually lasts me about a year or so, which makes the price pretty reasonable IMO, although there are cheaper alternatives for acne-prone/oily skin out there. I would recommend looking at Dr. Lin's Hydrating Gel if the price is a pain-point for you

on 12/14/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

nothing dramatically different about it .very ordinary overpriced moisturizer

Great product! I have acne prone skin and also very sensitive skin this product helps well with keeping it hydrated and not making my face too greasy. My only thing is this is best to use in the summer and in the winter my skin gets slightly dryer so I need a moisturiser that is a little bit more moisturising than this. Helps to keep my skin clear and does not break me out. Will definitely be buying again in the summer.

ETA 2/28/18: still rocking this this is an awesome product I’m a customer for life!!! —- Original review: HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Bar soap for acne prone skin/bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent/toner for acne prone skin; & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. I was using Cliniques spot treatment for my big blemishes buy I’m using elf tea tree stick zip zapper which i cannot find in stores but is $5 off Ebay & it’s HG Too. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an “extreme” budget (rubbing alcohol is $1 for a big bottle no need to buy a $5 of C&C astringents), a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

on 11/24/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was surprised on how heavy it felt on my skin it was supposed to be a gel right? So I decided to just apply this at night. IMHO this is overrated. Nothing special I didnt breakout like crazy there were some zits which was pretty normal for me but other than that I couldnt really see any difference. But one thing's for sure I like applying this after I have thoroughly scrubbed/cleansed my face. The thickness of the product moisturizes my skin well. Will not buy again unless given as a gift.

on 11/22/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer because I wanted something that was light and wouldn't clog my pores. I've been using it for only eight days, but since day 2 I have been breaking out in all types of pimples! It also wasn't very moisturizing at all...even after using 2 pumps. Its horrible! I'm getting cysts on my cheeks, whiteheads all over my forehead and chin, and clogged pores everywhere. This has just been a disaster and I really wanted to believe that this would work for me, especially at the price! I will try to return this and purchase from a different brand entirely.

on 11/21/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm really divided on how to approach this review. I'm not exactly sure how much of my experience is unique to the situation. I have sensitive, combo and acne prone skin.

After my usual facial moisturizer wasn't doing enough to help the few dry patches on my face, I decided to try another. I ended up buying this twice. At first it was great. It then didn't help completely with the dry spots, but my skin was softer and looked clearer. After the second purchase, I noticed my acne getting worse again, a lot of it with really bad clogged pores and blackheads. I have tried a few side and the same thing happens. Decent at first, then goes bad. I am under a lot of stress, I'm not understanding what's going wrong.

I think this would be good for a lot with normal to combo skin. I do think that it's a decent amount for the price. I would advise though that even though Clinique tends to cater more for skin problems, I warn those who struggle with acne.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like many oily skinned people have already mentioned, the lotion version of this was too much but the moisture level of the gel is just right. I use cleansers and toners for oily skin and need a lightweight moisturizer; it absorbs into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy, just soft and hydrated. I've tried oil free moisturizers that have left my skin feeling tacky or sticky, this product is altogether different. It's a great base before my foundation and it never makes my skin oiler throughout the day. Highly recommended for oily skin that can use some hydrating.