CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and can never find a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated without causing breakouts. This is my holy grail moisturizer! I hope they never stop making it.

Great moisturizer for COMBO/OILY Skin. Have been using this product daily for the last 3o days and notice a difference in my skin and my makeup stay on flawlessly.

on 10/2/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this after knowing it's a popular choice for moisturisers. My skin wasn't as oily after using this together with my weekly clay mask. It really controlled the sebum on my face throughout the day. Very lightweight and easily absorbed. Bought the 50ml first and didn't hesitate to get the 125ml!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My HG pre-makeup moisturizer. Even though I am on the drier side and the gel is meant for combo to oily skin types, I still prefer this one over the lotion because it's more lightweight. Feels very refreshing and makes my face a smooth, flake-free canvas for makeup. It's almost like a primer for your face primer.

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you're looking for an oil free moisturizer that won't mess up your skin routine then this is a great no brainer simple way to go.
It doesn't smell weird. Its gentle on skin. It comes in a sanitary pump bottle.
It doesn't irritate my skin or clog it up. Win.

I have oily/combo skin with dry areas around my mouth, sides of nose, and in between eyebrows. My main problem with this moisturizer is that it doesn't do the job. Upon application it feels amazing! Cool, refreshing and hydrated!! BUT, 15 min later my dry areas feel tight and in need of more hydration. Also, I notice this made my oily areas MORE OILY! Although the product helps to mattify my nose and forehead, about 2 hours later my face was over producing oil. Overall, it's not worth the high end price in my opinion if you have combination skin. I can't see this being adequate moisture for harsh New England winters. I would only recommend this for people who have normal-oily skin and live in humid warm climates.
PROS:
-PUMP! Awesome!
-lightweight
-no smell
-gentle and absorbs fast
-non-greasy on application and doesn't clog pores
-no breakouts
CONS:
-Skin feels dry 15 minutes later
-not moisturizing enough
-no spf sun protection
-made my skin produce more oils
-wasn't hydrating enough for summer, so no way it could stand a chance in winter

on 8/14/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well I had been using this gel for the past few weeks both morning and night. At first I didn't see any adverse reactions it was going on smoothly and moisturising well I thought I had found a great gel. Then my forehead started to break out previous to starting the DDMG my skin was doing really well. If I exfoliated my skin the put on the gel I would find it wasn't enough moisture my skin would still feel tight. Unfortunately I bought the large pump bottle so instead of using it on my face I'm going to use it for my neck and see how that goes. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend I have oily combo skin.

on 8/12/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought it for the summer months as my skin gets oilier but it dried my chicks and caused breakouts in my chin and forehead. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave 2 lippies instead of 1 as it contains vitamin E.

on 7/22/2016 6:49:00 PM

Very good moisturizer and not too expensive. I definitely prefer this gel to the cream. No fragrance.