LUSH Eau Roma Water

LUSH Eau Roma Water

3.8

Lavender Water (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben.

on 1/21/2012 6:23:00 PM

Eau Roma comes in a black spray bottle, costing 7.00 for 250g or 3.75 for 100g travel-size bottle. The product itself is a clear water with a slightly soapy floral scent. It is a mixture of rose and lavender water.

I mainly use this to remove residue left after cleansing. I spray it all over my face and neck, leave to 'sink in' for a minute and wipe with cotton wool. It leaves my skin feeling both deeply clean and hydrated.

It is described as a "toner for dry to normal skin", but I find it to work wonders on my combination, sometimes acne-prone skin. I also use it not only as a toner post-cleansing, but spritz some on whenever my skin feels parched or in need of refreshment. It's great to have to hand to cool you down in summer.

I find this toner really helps prevent excess shine or dryness on my face; after a month of regular use, I hardly ever need to use blotting sheets or loose powder throughout the day, and areas such as my neck and cheeks aren't feeling tight or dry. I imagine it is great for any skin, and at any time of the day.

Awesome toner all in all. Toners say how they are supposed to even out skin tone, and while every other toner i have tried has NOT, this has. It has evened out my skin tone very nicely and has balanced my combination skin awesomely. Never makes my skin dry, just always soft toned out and smooth. Love it!

on 11/14/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I picked up Eau Roma Water a few months ago after using plain Rosewater, I read some good reviews & since I have sensitive skin I wanted to try it.

It worked well to tone my skin & reduced a little redness. My face also felt great after using it. The negative however is that I don't like that it has perfume in it. Not only is the perfume a little strong but a product for sensitive skin (on the face no less) shouldn't have added fragrance in it - it can irritate it. I know they're trying to make it smell appealing but floral waters already have a nice fragrance.

The other negative is that the atomiser/spray spurts out toner rather than spraying a fine mist which I think wastes product.

I've since bought a litre of Bulgarian Rose Floral Water & Lavender Floral Water to made my own toner. It works just as well, doesn't have any additives or perfume. These floral waters smell heavenly - probably a bit better than ERW - without any perfume added. The huge bonus is that it was much cheaper & now I have 2 litres of product so it will last a long time.

Sorry LUSH! Not repurchasing this one.

on 10/16/2011 10:45:00 AM

I was given this a sample when I was looking at AOBS and didn't think much of it. I don't even like toners really and don't see the point. However, this is lovely and actually does something to my skin. I was putting straight lavender on my face, which left it slightly irritated, but the distilled rose and lavender oil in this is helping my dry, yet break out prone face immensely. My only gripe is the price and the parabens. Seriously, Lush get your act together on that. But I will repurchase because of the soft and smooth skin I have been getting.

on 9/19/2011 9:40:00 AM

This toner made my skin dry and irritated. It smells nice though. Not repurchasing.

on 9/19/2011 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I paid about 9 dollars for a travel size bottle which was a bit high for me if it is something that I haven't previously sampled. I honestly can't say if this product did me any good. I'm dealing with a severe picking habit and my skin is at its absolute worst so my skin is doomed no matter what I put on it right now. The product isn't paraben-free, so keep that in mind if that is something that is of concern for you. I would purchase again when my picking habit is maintained just to give it a fair trial. I can say that I loved the smell and it felt quite refreshing going on. For that alone, I think it's worth trying.

on 9/13/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The first thing anyone will notice of the product is the smell. It's pleasant and the lavender overpowers most of the rose, a rather generic scent. That's about the only good thing I can say for this product. The only ingredients in this 'toner' are essential oils and methylparaben (a preservative), none of these ingredients have any benefits for skin other than having a nice scent. This irritated my dry skin and made my oily skin more oily. While it smells nice, that's its only function and I have relegated it to a body splash and air freshener for which I have no complaints and is the reason for how I rated it. The spray mechanism has broken after having it for about two weeks even though I've barely used it. :(

on 9/5/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Eau Roma Water is by far the best toner I have ever used! HG stuff here ladies! I used to use Aveda toner water that cost 3x's as much but recently tried this and I'm in love! I use this after washing my face w/Aqua Marina, and before I use Skin Drink. If you have dry skin, you will absolutely love this! My skin literally drinks this up and it's nice b/c it preps my skin before I apply my moisturizer. It has a nice rose/lavender scent to it too. I typically pump 4-5 squirts on my face. There's so many toners out there that are horrible for your skin. They contain alcohol and other stripping agents in them. If you've had bad luck w/a toner...try this, you will impressed. I will continue to purchase this!

on 7/14/2011 11:22:00 AM

Just like other rose waters, this one: moisturizes, smells divine, feels luxurious, doesn't really prevent acne, doesn't really deep clean, but softens and moisturizes the skin! Eau Roma, in my opinion, smells lovelier than most rose waters. My only problem is that it contains METHYLPARABEN, and if you do any research at all on this particular paraben you'll find that "Studies indicate that methylparaben applied on the skin may react with UVB leading to increased skin aging and DNA damage." RUN AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

One word... amazing. I have repurchased Eau Roma Water several times and it is my HQ toner for my dry/dehydrated/sensitive skin. It smells lovely and natural and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and soft.

It has been a godsend. I use it with Dream Cream on my face in the winter months when my skin tends to get peely and horrible. I stopped using the toner once and noticed that my skin was drier. I believe it really helps moisturizers to sink into your skin. I love the spray bottle too - feels great!