Lancôme Juicy Wear

3.6

on 8/2/2004 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nothing but raves here. I bought Seductive Berry and it's a deep wine/pink shade. It looks great with my dark brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. You get 5 times more gloss to go over the lipstick, but I agree with other reviewers and hope they sell the gloss separately in the near future. It was so worth the $25 however and I will be buying more. Next on my wishlist is Dirty Pink. :) The lipstick does feel a bit dry when you first apply it but after you put on the gloss it's so moisturizing and shiny. One tip though, after applying ONE coat of the lipstick you don't want to smack or rub your lips together. Let it dry for a minute and THEN put the gloss over it. Your color will last and last and when it does start to wear off, it comes off evenly. One word of warning, when you're drinking you will find some lipstick on your glass. So I freaked out thinking that my lipstick was coming off. However when I checked it in the mirror it was all still there! This stuff is nothing short of a miracle. FINALLY a long lasting lipstick that isn't drying and looks fabulous hour after hour! I can definitely see myself wearing one of these babies on my wedding day. :) continued >>

on 8/1/2004 2:46:00 PM

This product is nothing short of miraculous! I've never, ever found a long lasting lipstick that I could wear -- my lips would dry out, break out, or worse they'd SHRINK into oblivion. But this is just *perfect*. I purchased Flirty Mauve, which is a deep, gorgeous neutral mauve that really suits my fair skin/green eyes. I've been swiping it on without liner, and it leaves a gorgeous stain on my lips without drying them out AT ALL. The gloss is great in that it is sparkly and wet-looking, but not so sticky that my hair gets caught, hehe. This stuff lasts! For me it'll make it all day or through one meal (but not two) and eventually wears off pretty naturally. It comes off easily with an oil based cleanser. I love this product, and I plan to buy more shades, definitely.

on 7/29/2004 7:11:00 PM

I didn't actually buy this product but felt I had to write a review after trying it at the counter. Like others have said, the color swatches online are nothing like the real colors. I tried on all of the pinks and reds and nothing suited my skin tone; most of the finishes are matte, and while I know that matte lipsticks tend to look unnatural, I felt that these colors looked really unnatural (the pinks looked like hot pink, the reds (Hot Valentine and Candy Apple) were fire engine red, and the browns were just too dark. I took one lipstick off for the color selection, but otherwise think this is a nice product. It is not nearly as drying as the other long-last lipsticks on the market and the gloss is quite comfortable (although I heard a rumor that it would be caramel flavored which it certainly isn't). It also has the typical Lancome rose perfume taste, which I don't like, but that goes away pretty quickly. I don't think I will buy one until they get more of a color selection (am waiting to see the MAC long-last coming out soon!) but if they did get more natural looking pinks and reds i would definitely purchase!
UPDATE: I never wear plum or mauve, but I tried Sexy Plum and Flirty Mauve and both looked pretty good; they are more pink in tone than purple which is great. I also love the Seductive Berry.

on 7/29/2004 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Add me to the list of raves. This is a fantastic addition to the world of long-lasting lipsticks. What others have mentioned is true: it doesn't at all flake, chip, or peel off in an unflattering way. The color doesn't 'shrink' on your lips, either. Application is very easy, and within 60 seconds the color has set. The gloss that goes over it is fantastic: it's mostly silicones, so it's not sticky AT ALL, nor does it ever gunk up unpleasantly! You don't get nasty hair-in-the-lipgloss syndrome even though you're applying a clear gloss over the color. It's also infused with sparkle/shimmer, so it makes the color on your lips appear multi-dimensional and luscious. Re-application of the gloss never makes the color look any worse. Hours later, the color still looks freshly applied! Now, I did find that after 10+ hours of budgeproof, comfortable wear, numerous activities and reapplications of gloss, the color finally came off in one well-mannered wipe after eating dinner. But that's what's great, too -- even when it finally comes off (and believe me, prior to that it won't budge) it isn't in any kind of weird way. It came off like a normal lipstick. And never once while wearing it have my lips felt dry, flaky, or like they had a lot caked onto them. That's quite a feat, as most colors do that to me after a while. I highly recommend this if you are looking to venture into the world of long-lasting lipsticks (or if you're like me, always trying the new products on the block!) I do hope, though, that Lancome will consider selling replacement glosses separately in the near future. I could see the one that comes with the color stick running out before the lipcolor would.

on 7/28/2004 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

there are probably about 12 or so shades to choose from, ranging from nudes, to pinks, plums, and reds. They are quite pretty, and there are only a few that have some type of shimmer to them.. they're mostly matte looking on lips, maybe satin finish at best.

FIrst off, they look TOTALLY different than the colors on the website, so don't spend your time drooling over swatches. For me they felt slightly drying (not as bad as lets say, lipfinity). All you need is ONE coat. The gloss you put on top has some SLIGHT shimmer which makes it very pretty. BUT it's not nearly as shiny as the ads make them appear. I tried the peach color, the nudes, and also the pinks. none of them suited my MMM (MAC hyper real NC400) skin...

The peach was a bit more bright than I had hoped, and the only color that may have come close to working was the nude color... all this to say, i didnt buy any of them..i like em, dont love em.. i'll stick to my mac lipglasses :)!

if you feel bad spending $25 on this product (US dollars), keep in mind you're getting a lipstick AND a gloss :).. so it's not that bad overall price-wise :)!

on 7/28/2004 11:16:00 AM

I finally caved too. Who wouldn't after seeing the ad? Sorry to say it's not quite as shiny as that, but still pretty nice. For $25 usd + tax you get a color stick & shimmery topcoat. According to the instructions I read @lancome.com, you're supposed to apply to bare lips (no lip balm or liner otherwise the color won't adhere). Use ONE coat of lip color, let dry 60 seconds, apply topcoat. I was told if you apply more than 1 coat of the lip color, the first coat will adhere but the second coat won't. Just experiment to see if that's really the case, I haven't tried more than one coat yet. You can reapply topcoat as often as desired. Only problem is that as far as I know, topcoat isn't sold separately so you'll most likely run out of it before the lip color. This will most likely stay on best if you don't eat oily foods. That seems to break down the color a bit. Most of the l/s colors LOOKED matte to me, although at least 2 I saw did have actual shimmer in the l/s itself (sparkling flush & playful beige). The topcoat adds more shimmer but it's not obscene, it's very fine. This can be drying for those of us w/already dry lips. You'll need to remove it w/baby oil or if you have Lancome's Bi-facil, that does the trick. Update 7-28-04: If you're going to layer the l/s color, use thin layers, otherwise it will just get gunky.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

While it doesn't look the same 8 hours later, it certainly looks better than any other brand of lipstick I've ever tried...it wears off so EVENLY. I have four of these and want more! I have fairly neutral coloring & very little pigment in my lips so I've been happy with all of my color selections.

Colors bought: LILAC KISS (very beautiful, cool-toned YLBB color); CHESTNUT FANTASY(very wearable color, similar on me to MAC's Polished Up...color, not texture); PINK GOURMAND (nice, medium rosy pink); and my first juicy wear, SPARKLING FLUSH (hard to describe color, will look differently on others...I'll try: soft red that brightens my complexion...doesn't overwhelm my fair face...warning this one contains a lot of sparkle, not the painful, chunky kind, but very sparkly as the name suggests)

Yikes, I have a fifth, my poor wallet, SEXY PLUM...none of these colors look like their swatches :(
but they are all beautiful and very wearable colors. Their texture requires me to put the gloss on, at least initially, although these are not long-lasting lipticks that "burn" your lips in order to stay in place. These are quite comfortable to wear.

UPDATE: I have since switched to Benefit's lip gloss (Didnt Hear It From Me).
-----

I was at the Clinique counter looking for a long lasting lipstick and the Clinique girl was like, "Ours really isn't all that great...if you want long lasting try Lancome's new lipstick". So I strolled over to Lancome and wooow was I amazed.

I just wish they had a bigger selection of colors. I had to make sure I was picking the right shade if I was gonna buy a $25.00 lipstick. I got Dirty Pink and so far I'm happy with it. Although sometimes I get tired of a color after a few days...so I'll give an update on that later.

on 7/23/2004 10:57:00 PM

This product is definitely long lasting. You can not get the color off your lips...so make sure its the color you want. I must admit applying it even without a lip liner for longer last made my lips look luscious, very full. I will buy this in many more colors. After more than 8 hours my lip color would not budge.

on 7/21/2004 10:11:00 AM

I have this in "Hot Valentine", which is a neutral red with slight orange tones on me. The lipstick has pretty good staying power- it actually seems more like a stain than a lipstick. Some of the product does come off on cups, etc, when wearing the gloss, but it "stains" my lips so they look great. Wish the gloss had a scent and was a bit more sticky...