SHISEIDO Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam

SHISEIDO Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam
Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing FoamSenka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

on 8/17/2012 10:29:00 AM

I was surprised to find so many negative reviews on this product. I have been using this with my Clarisonic for a few months now and I think its a good basic cleanser. I use this once a day at night after I've removed my makeup. I used the Shiseido extra gentle cleansing foam many years ago, and if I remember correctly, the texture is somewhat similar (which isn't surprising since they're the same company), but this one is a lot cheaper than the Shiseido one. I have sensitive acne prone skin, and if not taken care of, my skin can get really dry. This product hasn't caused any problems for me and is perfect for use with the Clarisonic. I have noticed with prolonged use that my skin does get a little tight/dry after washing but not so much that I get dry patches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all I will start by saying that it will last you a long long long long long time. A little goes a long way. It lathers like crazy and you really need a tiny bit of the product for that! That's the only good thing I have noticed. I have been using it for the past 3 months. I have tried using it in AM, then PM to remove the make-up, PM after make-up has been removed etc. It doesn't remove my make-up well, it's too drying for my oily skin (unbelievable!), it leaves a very annoying film on my skin, which makes me feel like I haven't washed my face properly. Unfortunately I haven't managed to make it work for me despite my numerous attempts. It's not even half-finished but I am binning it.

on 7/12/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is a basic, good cleanser that does its job. Really cheap but not easily available outside of Japan. I'm almost done with my tube. The texture is creamy and lathers very easily with just a little bit of water. You only need a pea size amount for each wash so this tube will last you a really LONG TIME, seriously. After washing, face feels fresh and clean but there's a slight tightness so I always spritz my face with a face mist right after using this cleanser. The packaging is just functional, not pictures etc. For the price, it's worth a try especially those with oily skin and live in tropical climate like me!

on 7/1/2012 12:14:00 AM

I love this product. This ia my third one already

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have hecka dry skin. In winter, this is too strong for my skin, but in spring/summer/fall this is the only thing that gets off my SPF five bazillion sunscreen. The secret to using this is to only use less than a pea size amount and rub like crazy.

One tube lasts me the entire season I use it- around seven months. I'm on my third tube and not looking back.

The rest of the year I use either Shu oil or whatever face wash the Japanese store has (most recent was Biore with the pink cap).

on 6/8/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

N/A

on 6/4/2012 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This gives a lot of fluffy, super-bouncy foam -- really satisfying texture to wash with! However, it's really stripping and it's got such a basic pH that I don't think I should keep using it. Way too harsh.

Trashed.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a basic cleanser more suitable for oily skin. I used this often when I lived in asia in a humid climate - it was more appropriate then. In drier climates, I find this dries my skin out too much. I stopped using this to try other gentler cleansers, then came back to this on a whim one day. My skin felt uncomfortably dry afterwards (I used it with the clarisonic so it may have exacerbated the dryness) and I broke out by the next day from the dryness. I promptly tossed it in the trash and will not buy this again. It may work for oily skin but I prefer gentle face washes that don't leave my skin feeling "squeaky clean" and dry.

I bought this cleanser on a whim while at the asian grocery store, T&T for $6.49. It was cheap and I needed one.
I have combination skin, with a really oily t-zone and really dry cheeks. This cleanser seemed to balance my skin very nicely.
I was a bit hesitant to use as the cream seemed a bit greasy, but I have found that it did not make my face breakout, and in fact after I finished the tube and moved to another cleanser, by skin started reacting a bit. After washing my face, I did feel as if it left a slight film after rinsing, but it was a bit refreshing from the tight and dry feeling other cleansers left my face, and there were no breakouts. I use white towels to pat my face dry, so I can see if there is makeup left after washing, and I know this cleanser removes all the makeup. The cleanser itself lathers a lot so a little goes a long way. The texture is a smooth silky light cream. I used it with my Shiseido facial brush and it foams really well.

on 4/10/2012 11:47:00 PM

Overrated IMHO. It's just a cleansing foam that costs twice as much as my other japanese cleansing foam. It foams and it cleanses and there isn't much else to it.