SHISEIDO Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam

SHISEIDO Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam
Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing FoamSenka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

on 2/27/2008 5:04:00 AM

I thought this cleanser was OK but nothing special. My skin is on the oily side of combination and I prefer a lighter cleanser with less residue. This left a heavier residue than I like even in the winter when my skin is drier. On the other hand it's inexpensive here in Japan and didn't cause any particular breakouts or flaking, so I'm not sorry I tried it and I did finish the tube. But I won't buy it again.

I love this product! The first time I used it, I felt like my skin was so rough underneath the soft foam. After using it for a while, I noticed that my skin wasn't rough feeling anymore. It is very gentle and soft.
It should also be noted that you need a very tiny amount each time you use the face wash, and so it lasts a really long time! Great value.

on 12/8/2007 3:10:00 PM

i LOVE this product!! this product foams up crazy with just a dime size and it removes makeup better than any facial wash i've ever used. i recently tried cle de peau which is a luxry brand of shiseido and for the price they charge i'd rather stick with this one. it also last's super long because you only need to use a small amount. i read the other reviews about others having dryness but i'm a combination skin and it works great for me.

on 6/2/2007 10:55:00 AM

This is an OK cleanser, but after using it for a few months I didn't really feel it did anything special. If you can get it cheaply, it's worth a try I guess. But if you can get your hands on Japanese drug store foaming cleansers, I highly recommend the Ponds "Clear Face" line instead!

on 5/6/2006 8:50:00 PM

A very disppointing cleanser. Bought it because of all the raves it received. However, DO NOT buy it if you have dry skin. The cleasing power of this cleasing foam is strong. It is soap base and has a basic pH balance. This cleanser is more suitable for someone with oily skin type. Although I have combination/dehydrated skin, it really dries out my face. I also do not like the feeling of a plastic film clinging to my skin after rinses off. I ended up giving it away to friend.

I bought this b/c it seemed interesting, and I've been using makeup cloths, makeoff oils, disposable wash cloths, and face washes for a while. I do put on a full face everyday, and sometimes I want a one-step instead of a 2 or 3 step process to take off my makeup. It was very cheap: $3.99CDN for 30g. Compared to the other washes, it takes all my makeup off with no residue. And though my face is combo, it cleanses and moisturizes just right. So I bought the whole stock of Perfect Whip that store had. It doesn't "whip/foam up" for me. Does it for anyone else?

on 3/22/2005 6:24:00 AM

This is even better than Kanebo's Peach Naive wash that everyone raves about. I think you only have to use a small dimeful of it too...it really foams up. It removes dirt, grime, makeup and more...didn't leave my face too dry but def moisturize afterwards!!! It is really cheap in Japan, at about 4 bucks a pop...and lasted me from December to end of March (I am finishing up this week/next week...had to cut the tube open to get the last of it) Doesn't irritate my skin so unless it starts harming my skin, I'm sticking with it!

on 10/27/2004 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Again...it looses a lippie for price.
Just a bit steep for small amount...but it is a FABULOUS cleanser.
Probably second favorite overall I've tried in my face cleansing life.
Nicely balances combo skin...and even used it when I was oily and thourghly cleanses.
Just good stuff.

I looove rich foaming cleansers. Unfortunately, it's not best for people with dry skin like myself which is why Shiseido's "Benefiance Foam" is my HG. Alas, Benefiance is also $31.00 currently so I have been looking for a cheaper alternative on and off for 17 yrs. This doesnt leave my dry skin tight and causes flakes like so many cleansers I have used lately. LIke any other Shiseido cleanser found in any of their lines, you need to use the tiniest amount because its so concentrated and richly foaming. $13 for 4oz at Mitsuwa

continued >>