SHISEIDO Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam

SHISEIDO Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam
Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing FoamSenka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foams up great with my Clarisonic. I have to be careful not to use to much because as mentioned here, a little goes a long way. Just a dot does my face neck, elbows and hands in the shower w/ Clarisonic. Ingredients are in Japanese. I have oily skin. Once in awhile it makes my face tight. Ph Balanced

on 1/1/2010 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

A small pea size of this cleanser lathers up to a good amount of foam. It does not seem to clean my combination skin too well, I had to use the same cleanser to double clean to feel completely cleansed of oil and dirt.

On the bright side, it does leave the skin soft, moisturised and not dried out. I won't buy this again as there are other cleansers that do a better cleansing job.

on 10/16/2009 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser!!!
whilst i do see reviews claiming that this dries out ur skin...
it doesnt dry out mines!!
I love it and its so inexpensive!!
I love shiseido drugstore brands~~
they work just as well as their high end product lines~

on 10/12/2009 4:11:00 AM

This is one THICK facial cleanser. The cream is unbelievably dense and thick. You only need a literal pea size to create enough suds and cream for your entire face. It's almost shocking how such a small amount of cream can sudse and foam up. It costs 45 RMB from Watson's in China. I found it to be almost the exact same product as the facial cleanser from a Shiseido produced line available in Asia that sells for about 20 RMB more. In any case, this felt too drying for my skin. While the sudsing action was fun, my face felt tight and dry afterward. I previously had been using Avene's Gentle Gel Cleanser, and have since switched to a very similar if not exact same product, Hydrating Cleanser by CeraVe. Perfect Whip is fun and cheap, but too drying for me.

on 10/10/2009 12:44:00 PM

Would someone PLEASE list the ingredients for this product? I want to buy it, but I need to know what is in it. I just purchased another product by this manufacturer (brand) for $25 (after shipping) because it has Kaolin clay in it. I need a cleanser with kaolin clay (I think this is the ingredient that does wonders for combination skin because it was the key ingredient in Loreal Ideal Balance Foaming Cleanser, which also lasted me over a year, but is now discontinued).

Anyhow, someone PLEASE help me out & list the ingredients in this product so that, next time, I won't have to spend so much money.

Thanks a bunch :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A good, simple cleansing cream. You only need a pea-sized amount to lather up a good foam. I don't know if this has necessarily benefited my skin, but it works just fine, and one tube of this has lasted me an entire year, so it's pretty cost efficient. Plus I always feel like Japanese brands are higher in quality in general, even the drugstore products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. I used the Clean and Clear foaming wash and Purpose for a couple years and found that I really liked simple cleansers. However, niether of those made my skin feel as clean and happy as this does. I was never even a fan of foam cleansers because they dry out my oily skin but I haven't experienced any large breakouts after using this (a problem that I've had for the past year but this isn't the only change I've made to my routine recently). I think what makes this stand out is how penetrating the foam feels. The bubbles are tiny so you feel like the cleanser is really getting into your pores. It's simple and cheap and though it hurts, I'm willing to pay double the price this goes for in Japan. Also, this won't foam up if you are removing face makeup because most Asian skincare requires a makeup removing step prior to using cleanser. If I'm removing makeup, I have to use the Perfect Liquid before this to get it to foam.

LOVE this foam cleanser, very white and soft touch. You can feel the pureness of the product at the first time you touch it. Feel really good after use leave no dry skin or oily skin. It is PERFECT. Besides this, it's very cheap in Japan, about $5.

on 6/18/2008 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This cleanser is great for people like me with oily skin. Like another reviewer said, it does leave that squeaky clean feeling which I like. You only need a pearl size amount and it really does foam up, very creamy and rich. Doesn't dry out my skin, but does leave it feeling softer and more refreshed. Bought this in Japan for cheap.. love it~

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using Shiseido pureness and the skincare, but decided to try this cleanser since it is less expensive (and I'd rather spend my money on products that are going to stay on my skin longer). I prefer the white lucent cleanser to the skincare cleanser (I haven't tried either pureness cleanser yet) and I prefer both of those to this one. This one lathers up even more than either the w.l. of t.s. and leaves a 'squeaky' clean. I don't think it helps or harms my skin, which is fine with me. I don't mind the squeaky clean, although it isn't something I look for in a cleanser and I know many people do not like it at all. I usually use it with the skincare brush and it lathers up incredibly well - even a pea size is plenty and incredibly foamy. I have also used it without the brush and again, a pea size is plenty. I think if I used more than this amount, it would leave a bit of residue, so I must be careful. At this rate, it is going to take a very long time to go through a tube, so it makes it very economical, indeed. At this point, I am not sure whether I'll purchase again - I am satisfied with it, but I do prefer the white lucent foaming cleanser, so I may spring for it - it is also concentrated and will last quite a while. Also, there is a light scent (the same as the cleansing oil) and it is okay - not bad, but not great.