Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam

Shiseido

4.1

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A good, simple cleansing cream. You only need a pea-sized amount to lather up a good foam. I don't know if this has necessarily benefited my skin, but it works just fine, and one tube of this has lasted me an entire year, so it's pretty cost efficient. Plus I always feel like Japanese brands are higher in quality in general, even the drugstore products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. I used the Clean and Clear foaming wash and Purpose for a couple years and found that I really liked simple cleansers. However, niether of those made my skin feel as clean and happy as this does. I was never even a fan of foam cleansers because they dry out my oily skin but I haven't experienced any large breakouts after using this (a problem that I've had for the past year but this isn't the only change I've made to my routine recently). I think what makes this stand out is how penetrating the foam feels. The bubbles are tiny so you feel like the cleanser is really getting into your pores. It's simple and cheap and though it hurts, I'm willing to pay double the price this goes for in Japan. Also, this won't foam up if you are removing face makeup because most Asian skincare requires a makeup removing step prior to using cleanser. If I'm removing makeup, I have to use the Perfect Liquid before this to get it to foam.

LOVE this foam cleanser, very white and soft touch. You can feel the pureness of the product at the first time you touch it. Feel really good after use leave no dry skin or oily skin. It is PERFECT. Besides this, it's very cheap in Japan, about $5.

on 6/18/2008 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This cleanser is great for people like me with oily skin. Like another reviewer said, it does leave that squeaky clean feeling which I like. You only need a pearl size amount and it really does foam up, very creamy and rich. Doesn't dry out my skin, but does leave it feeling softer and more refreshed. Bought this in Japan for cheap.. love it~

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using Shiseido pureness and the skincare, but decided to try this cleanser since it is less expensive (and I'd rather spend my money on products that are going to stay on my skin longer). I prefer the white lucent cleanser to the skincare cleanser (I haven't tried either pureness cleanser yet) and I prefer both of those to this one. This one lathers up even more than either the w.l. of t.s. and leaves a 'squeaky' clean. I don't think it helps or harms my skin, which is fine with me. I don't mind the squeaky clean, although it isn't something I look for in a cleanser and I know many people do not like it at all. I usually use it with the skincare brush and it lathers up incredibly well - even a pea size is plenty and incredibly foamy. I have also used it without the brush and again, a pea size is plenty. I think if I used more than this amount, it would leave a bit of residue, so I must be careful. At this rate, it is going to take a very long time to go through a tube, so it makes it very economical, indeed. At this point, I am not sure whether I'll purchase again - I am satisfied with it, but I do prefer the white lucent foaming cleanser, so I may spring for it - it is also concentrated and will last quite a while. Also, there is a light scent (the same as the cleansing oil) and it is okay - not bad, but not great.

on 2/27/2008 5:04:00 AM

I thought this cleanser was OK but nothing special. My skin is on the oily side of combination and I prefer a lighter cleanser with less residue. This left a heavier residue than I like even in the winter when my skin is drier. On the other hand it's inexpensive here in Japan and didn't cause any particular breakouts or flaking, so I'm not sorry I tried it and I did finish the tube. But I won't buy it again.

I love this product! The first time I used it, I felt like my skin was so rough underneath the soft foam. After using it for a while, I noticed that my skin wasn't rough feeling anymore. It is very gentle and soft.
It should also be noted that you need a very tiny amount each time you use the face wash, and so it lasts a really long time! Great value.

on 12/8/2007 3:10:00 PM

i LOVE this product!! this product foams up crazy with just a dime size and it removes makeup better than any facial wash i've ever used. i recently tried cle de peau which is a luxry brand of shiseido and for the price they charge i'd rather stick with this one. it also last's super long because you only need to use a small amount. i read the other reviews about others having dryness but i'm a combination skin and it works great for me.

on 5/6/2006 8:50:00 PM

A very disppointing cleanser. Bought it because of all the raves it received. However, DO NOT buy it if you have dry skin. The cleasing power of this cleasing foam is strong. It is soap base and has a basic pH balance. This cleanser is more suitable for someone with oily skin type. Although I have combination/dehydrated skin, it really dries out my face. I also do not like the feeling of a plastic film clinging to my skin after rinses off. I ended up giving it away to friend.

on 6/2/2007 10:55:00 AM

This is an OK cleanser, but after using it for a few months I didn't really feel it did anything special. If you can get it cheaply, it's worth a try I guess. But if you can get your hands on Japanese drug store foaming cleansers, I highly recommend the Ponds "Clear Face" line instead!