Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer

3.5

on 3/5/2005 9:28:00 AM

Pure A has been my staple moisturiser during summer... anything else would be too heavy to use on my combination/oily acne-prone skin. I love its fresh cucumber scent and don't find it artificial at all (although it probably is!). Anyway, it's great to find a new HG that's less than $10! ;)

on 1/10/2005 3:23:00 AM

totally agree with jazzy.......
the effect seems to wear off after 2 weeks, but aren't all moisturers like that?!

you get used to the *chemical* cucumber smell

It was great for the first two weeks... made my skin clearer than it was before, reduced my spots but didn't clear them all. But after those two weeks my skin became dull and I have gotten more spots and the moisturizer didn't reduce it like it did before. Is this weird or what? It just became a gunk that I put on my face. I'm still not finished with my first one so I'm just gonna finish that and search for another moisturizer that I hope would be my HG.

on 11/5/2004 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is moisturizing pretty good, but it does nothing to blemishies. I was also shiny after using it.

I really really like this moisturiser, I have combo skin, oily t zone, I only moisturise at night, this really is the only moisturiser I've found that really sinks in, it has a lovley fresh cool cucumber scent, I love the tube as it's so hygienic, just squeeze out the amount you want, and best of all, it's cheap.

on 8/31/2004 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the bright packaging, gel consistency and the fresh smell of this product, however, I can't give it a fantastic rating because I find it isn't moisturising enough for my combo skin..It would be fantastic for people with oily skin I think.

on 8/11/2004 9:43:00 AM

With a gel-like consistency, this product smells fresh (like cucumber) and clean. Is great for my oily skin, and the zinc and salicylic acid formula has really helped clear up some red marks on my face. Would definitely buy this again.

on 7/22/2004 7:18:00 AM

Loves this! Comes in a hygenic squeezed tube instead of jar and it gives me enough moisture with silky smooth and matte skin. This one are definately better than some of the high-end matt moisturizer. Cheap, good value and last ages.

on 7/13/2004 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Comes in a convenient squeeze tub packaging that is good for controlling the amount you need. Goes on smoothly and does not leave a sticky or heavy feeling on my skin. My skin felt very smooth after application. Not sure how much effect it has on my acne (although it contains salicylic acid and zinc) as I've been using it for less than a week. The only thing I don't like about it is the peculiar fragrance but in terms of moisturising my acne-prone skin, I'm quite happy with it. Only A$8 in Australia.