The Body Shop Loose Face Powder

The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Loose Face Powder

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.

on 9/23/2007 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got the old one that came in a shaker bottle like a salt shaker, real bummer of packaging because shaking out powder is a real drag, you have to have some place to shake it ON TO and then you can shake out too much! So glad they changed the packaging anyways. As for the powder itself I didn't find anything extraordinary about it, it's about the same as about 50 million other loose powders I've tried, seems loose powder and I just don't get along and I just don't know why! Maybe I don't know how to apply them right? I apply these with a big soft powder brush, I suppose maybe I'd get better results with a very very large fluffy brush but I don't have one and funds are short right now............. Anyways like practically all powders I've tried these gave me too much of a dry matte powdery look and took away any healthy glow that I might have had before using them. I thought loose powders were supposed to be SHEER and TRANSLUCENT?? There is nothing sheer and translucent about these (or any other powders I have tried)! It was obvious I was wearing very mattifying powder, and they also made me darker and I hate powders making me look darker! So my search goes on for some loose powders that actually work for me (sheer and not dry or cakey or powdery-looking, and that don't make me change colours!), if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to email me!

on 7/21/2004 1:06:00 PM

This makes me look worse instead of better. It seems to add a pallor to my face, though i purchased the correct shade with the help of a sales person. It may be good for going over other makeups, but on its own it is not worth it.

on 7/11/2004 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this. I too got this on sale and it is wonderful. I put this on top of my regular face powder for a more finished look. My only complaint is the packaging. Sometimes it can get a little messy, but I'll get used to it. Great product overall! I may have to stock up just in case this is getting discontinued.

on 7/10/2004 5:44:00 PM

This is a really great loose powder! It is very slightly shimmery (which I barely noticed, but it's there) which helps to add a tad bit of a glow to the skin without being too shimmery or sparkly. It also doesn't become too much glow when re-applied during the day or when used over a foundation that also adds a glow.

The second big plus for this powder is that it NEVER looks chalky. This is a huge plus for me.

The color stays true all day and never turns at all.

Oil-absorption is OK but not the greatest. It's not the best I've ever used but certainly not the worst.

The packaging is decent - short plastic canister that isn't too bulky or wide, with a sifter top. No puff or brush is included, but this is fine with me.

I found mine on clearance at TBS so I'm not sure if it's being discontinued or not. I paid just $2.50 for it and it's worth much more than that in my opinion. continued >>