The Body Shop Loose Face Powder

The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Loose Face Powder

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.

on 5/27/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately just found out this broke me out. Whether it's powder or dust, it broke me out terribly even with intervals. It's sad cos it is only 1/4 used. But packaging was hell. Powder flew everywhere. I tried shaking abit, still rained on me. Tried lighthandedly with my brush, still as messy. Sad. :(

on 4/18/2013 7:03:00 AM

It works perfectly well with my liquid foundation. It doesn't make my makeup looks cakey,it absorbs oil well,makes my skin glows too. The price is suitable with its quality.

on 12/27/2012 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i love this product.
never iritate my skin, looks natural (not cakey)
and works well with my liquid foundation.
makes my skin glow.

but the package need to be enhance though for quite difficult to use.
I need to tap over and over while holding the puff on its holes to get the powder.

This powder is amazing. I got a nice haul from Body Shop this week using a 50% off code they sent me, without which I probably wouldn't have bought this product because for me, as a student, it's full price is a little too high for me to try it usually.

The powder however, is lovely. It's extremely fine ( I got the 02 shade), it goes in very smooth, soaks up oil well throughout the day and doesn't make you face look cakey. So all good! Only little niggle is the filter lid, which doesn't really work that well, alot of powder always comes out so wastage its a problem.

Overall a very good powder for setting foundation/concealer, would buy again.

This is the perfect loose powder for me! I bought it online on a whim, and was lucky enough to get the perfect shade!! It's a light, finely milled powder, and I love the simple, elegant packaging. This literally disappears onto my face, and I don't think I could use another loose powder :)

on 8/12/2010 7:13:00 AM

Bought this on an impulse and regretted it as soon as I tried it properly. The packaging is terrible and results in a wasted cloud of powder every time you open the lid - but more importantly, the finish of this powder is horrible. I tried this over Shu Face Architect (which gives a very dewy 'glow' that looks almost airbrushed) to set it lightly/help with oil control, which is what a powder is MEANT to do, and not only did it make me oil up more but it also managed to settle into every pore on my face, making me look like I had huge dark pores.

Don't use this.

on 7/26/2010 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this powder, i dust it over my liquid foundation in the morning to control shine and by the time i come home my make up is still shine free. I love it, i defently would recommed to everyone.

I am not a big fan of foundations, I only conceal my dark circles and put loose face powder on my face to cover especially my t-zone coz this is where my face gets oily most. This powder doesnt last more than an hour or two, then my face starts to shine and gets oily. It has a medium coverage which feels light on your skin.
Overall I would buy this product again IF it would keep my face from getting oily, coz I like the medium coverage and the lightweight of it. I also like the packing, since I am quite clumsy and the powder fell down a couple of times but it didnt break. Also the lid can be used as mirror.
But since it doenst stop my face from getting oily and the Body Shop products are quite pricey, I will not repurchase this powder coz for that price, the product didnt convince me and I believe I can find a powder which works better for me for a cheaper price.

on 2/20/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin and I hate to put foundation on my face in fear of breaking out. I use this after putting concealer on and doing everything else like my eyes and blush etc. As far as coverage goes, it's not that great unless you build up the coverage but it is good for sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I can take it back.

Seriously is this 100% talc?