Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

No Image

3.9

on 5/22/2005 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE. I've only used it once, so I will update if this changes, but I love this stuff. Washed my hair last night with it and today it's soft, shiny, and my SLS irritated scalp feels wonderful. Maybe I use a lot more shampoo (a big dollop) than other people, but I thought it lathered wonderfully. It rinsed very clean as well.UPDATE - This makes me so sad, because this stuff makes my hair so shiny and gorgeous, but it's been breaking my forehead and back of neck/back out like crazy, so I'll have to stop using it.

I love this! I've been using Pantene Brunette and feeling like my hair is getting dried out. So I tried Citre Shine (the new stuff) and it seems kinda drying too. I've been lemming for this Paves for awhile and it's my third day in a row with it and I LOVE it! My hair feels soft, moisturized and NOT that horribly dry feeling from the other shampoos. I'm keeping this- I really love this stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this shampoo. I first heard about it in O magazine. I have a very itchy scalp and thought this might work. I have tried many other products to deal with the itch, and none were as good as Paves. I like the consistency and the smell. It doesn't lather as much as other shampoos, but that doesn't bother me at all. It leaves my thin/fine hair shiney and soft. My only complaint (and it's a minor one) is the design of the bottle. The twisty lid is sometimes difficult to use in the shower with wet hands. Other than that, I love this product and have bought it many times (and will continue to buy it).

Awesome semi-cremy/moisturizing shampoo that does not dry the hair. I love it because it is sulfate-free which is good for me because sulfates bothers my psoriasis. This shampoo smells like an undescrible exotic spicy but citrus desert. I think I will use all of Paves haircare products for life, especially on my [dread] lock hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is not creamy or hardly at all lather-y, (I was worried the first time I used it), but once I rinsed, conditioned (with the Pave deep conditioner cream), and dried as normal, I was really surprised--almost no frizz (which has nver happened except with FF or Kerastase products), nice curl pattern (I'm a type 3b/3c on Andre's list), shinier (not amazing shine, but my hair is super dry), and felt very soft. Many uses later, my hair still liked it. However, on my second bottle, I found that my hair was getting drier and frizzier again and feeling quite stripped when I rinsed. I felt I needed to use a more moisturizing shampoo. I started using Frederik Fekkai's Protein Rx. But not only did this get prohibitively expensive, it worked well and then sort of not so well after a while.

I found that if I alternate a very creamy, moisturizing shampoo (haven't settled on any particular one yet-though my cousin's rec of Revlon's Creme of Nature might be it, but have only used it once) with this shampoo my hair is happy.

The low lather doesn't bother me now because I like knowing it doesn't have sulfates. Also, the smell is pleasant, though nothing fantastic. I don't much like the twist cap bottle (gets annoying as you get down to the last bit and have to turn it upside down), but apparently that has changed (I stocked up the last time I went to my mom's for christmas because there is no Walgreens where I live and I refuse to spend $5 to have $6 bottles of shampoo and conditioner shipped from the website). Hopefully, the deal with Walgreens will be up soon and Pave will start supplying it to other drugstores.

All in all, I think its an excellent product, that's better than a lot of more expensive shampoos.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Great shampoo. I paid little mind to the "no sulfates" hype, and just got it because it was 2 for 1 at Walgreens and I needed some shampoo fast. Pleasantly surprised. My hair is color treated, damaged and fine--and this, along with the Conditioning Milk was a super combo. No weighing down my hair. My hair looked pretty and shiny after using it. Love the shampoo, love the conditioner. If it keeps performing like this, I will likely replace my standby "So Long" by Redken--so far I like it much better, which I didn't think was possible. BTW, I had no trouble with lather, seemed like normal lather to me--and I have the twist-top bottle. UPDATE: Weeks later, and I still love how this shampoo treats my hair...but my hairline seems to break out more with this shampoo. Hmm. I have to be very careful to keep it off my forehead, but like enough to make the effort.

on 3/15/2005 9:22:00 PM

Let me begin by stating that my hair is thick with oily roots and normal ends. I had been using Pantene since the 6th grade (and I'm 25 now!) but ever since joining MUA, I got freaked out and started going on a haircare binge...Charles Worthington from the drugstore and the big boys...NExxus, Redken, Phyto, Fekkai, and most recently TIGI. I've only used the Paves twice but it has already undone the mess my hair was with the TIGI Oatmeal and Honey Pair..the scent is lovely, herbal lavander with whiffs of lemon...there were two ypes of bottles at Walgreens, one with a flip top cap and the other wih a non removable swivel top. I got the flip top and the shampoo lathers exremely well, especially considering the lack of sulfates. Since he swivel top was towards the back of the display, I am going to assume that it was the old formula with the lack of lather that older reviews have mentioned. After rinsing, even wet, my hair felt so bouncy and light on my head (like the feeling you get afer getting a few inches cut off)...and dry...all I can say is wow, call a camera crew because my hair needs some airtime! My hair looks and feels soft and silky but not at all flat...so in he lexicon of MUA, I feel an HG coming on!

on 2/7/2005 3:21:00 AM

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. That said, I love this shampoo because it leaves my hair super soft and manageable. I can brush my hair right out while it's wet aafter using this shampoo and it doesn't snap. Also, ever since I started using this shampoo, I have not needed to use clarifiers! I tried once and it stripped my hair so badly that I couldn't get a brush through it and I spent the day looking like I'd stuck my finger in a light socket, the static was so bad! I also have not needed deep conditioners- which, with my very, very dry hair is a miracle. This is my HG- I love the whole line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shampoo I hated it. My hair felt like tangled straw. It was aweful! I REALLY hated it and I was going to throw it away, but it stayed in my shower. At that time I had almost waist length, fine, thick hair. A few months later, after I got my hair cut off to just above my shoulders I tried the shampoo again; just because I was in the shower and it was there, and what the hell... That time I LOVED it!! My hair felt clean, but not dry, not tangled or stripped, and very soft. The next day my hair looked incredible, better than ever and it felt baby soft- even though I was using the same conditioner. All day people kept telling me how great my hair looked and I had honestly done nothing different except the shampoo. Since then at least once a week I get a comment on how shiny my hair is. I'm on my 2nd bottle of this shampoo and I will definitely keep using it.

I know it's totally weird, but I think maybe this shampoo just isn't suited for long hair but if you have shoulder length or shorter hair you should definitly try it. I think I pay $7 at Walgreens. You can't beat that!

on 12/15/2004 4:24:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this shampoo, so I guess it is safe for me to write a review of this.

I think they have reformulated the line because the 2nd bottle of shampoo actually lathers pretty well when the first did not lather at all. The conditioner is also not runny anymore, in fact it is thick and creamy.

Its a really good shampoo, when used with the conditioner, it makes my hair really soft.
Like some, you may not like the smell. There is no artificial fragrant added so it smells like its botanical ingredients which include ginseng root extract, lavender, geranium, lemon and orange extract. I love the smell of this shampoo.

I am glad they have reformulated this, because it was the only thing I didn't like. For the amount you get and the quality, it is not that expensive. It is not harsh, it smells nice, and it leaves my hair so soft. I will definitely re-purchase.

Popular Shampoos