Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

No Image

3.9

on 10/29/2006 6:12:00 PM

This does a fairly good job of cleansing my hair without stripping it dry. The only thing I hate about it is the smell. It kind of reminds me of a lighter version of pine-sol. If your hair is greasy or you have lots of product on it, you're definitely gonna have to do the lather/rinse/repeat thing because of the low suds factor. I found it at Walgreens for around $5.00

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff...love it. I'm a high end snob when it comes to hair care. I somehow stumbled across this at Walgreen's. It is the only shampoo that I can use for months on end and it continues to work. It also doesn't fade my color.

My hair is long, color treated (high and lowlighted), fine and tangly but lots of actual hair. I will keep buying this forever!

on 9/10/2006 2:39:00 PM

I did not like this product. The smell is strong and unpleasant, and it left my dry, color-treated hair feeling like straw. I paired it with the Paves Deep Repairing Conditioning Cream and within a week my naturally curly hair was a frizzy, lifeless-looking mess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this shampoo, it is very gentle and leaves my hair looking and feeling soft. I love that it does not have sulfates! The price was good on sale at Walgreens, so I will definitely repurchase. I don't much care for the smell though-like an herb garden with lots of lemon. I wish Paves had left out all the essential oils in this product as I feel it makes my scalp itch slightly when still wet, and the smell is not great. But overall, I am very happy with this shampoo and will continue to purchase, as I can use another conditioner that smells better to solve the too-lemony problem.

So far, I really like this product. I got it 2 for 1 at Walgreen's, but was sad to find that the shine serum, which has recieved such great reviews on MA, was not available.

I may even prefer this to Redken's Allsoft! It leaves my hair extremely soft, without any frizz. While Allsoft does leave my hair soft it doesn't look soft, it still gets frizzy.

The shampoo is a little labor intensive. It is lower lather than many. At first I tried to combat that by using more product so that I could try to get it all over my head, but that just made a mess. I have found that the best way to use it is to put a small amount (about the size of a nickle) into my palm and emulsify it with a little water, once it is thinned out it is much easier to distribute and lathers more easily. You may need to do the emulsification twice to get your whole head adequately covered.

I find the scent to be nice, though others have complained about it smelling like Pledge. To me it smells mostly like Love's Fresh Lemon, which is a sweet, full lemon scent, with an undertone of something more medicinal (maybe the lavendar and comfrey?) that reminds me a lot of my LUSH Party on! Jelly.

My hair is curly and fine. It dries out easily and can definitely frizz. However, if I don't shampoo every day my scalp feels oily and itchy. . . anyway, this shampoos is great! I've been using it for a week now and I have no complaints. I follow it up with either Nexxus Keraphix protein conditioner or Neutrogena Moisture hair mask. my hair is clean, soft and smooth after using this combination.

Well let me start by saying that I've got flat and oily hair. I finally have grown it out so its in pretty healthy condition (but not like that of virgin hair lol). I'm the type of person that shampoos everyday or else I just feel greasy and yucky.

This shampoo smells like some woodsy/citrusy mix. some say like pledge or something, but I must say I like it! Since there's no sulfates you don't get that sudsy lather, but I really don't mind it at all. It means its not stripping all the natural oils out of your hair. I mIGHT suggest a clarifying shampoo once a week, but since I'm not using much product in my hair right now (just dove replenishing mist and some silk therapy), this cleans just fine! It's on cleanrance right now at my Target for around 3.50 and comes with a free full size mousse, and its usually on sale at walgreens for 5.99 bogo free so i think that's a great deal considering being jessica simpson's stylist, ken paves could charged a lot more, and ppl would still buy it for the name. I also tried the deep conditioner, so you can see my review for that too! I WOULD definitely repurchase, what a great drugstore find!!

on 7/18/2006 8:26:00 PM

My hair-Fine, highlighted blonde, mostly straight. Typically oily roots and normal to dry ends.

There are now 2 different versions of this I guess, an orignal formula and an ultra hydrating formula. The original is what I'm using. So far so good. It makes my hair super soft and shiny, as I'm pairing it with the conditioning milk. I have no problems with lather, especially if I add water to it after massaging it in. I'm surprised at this, as I live in a very hard water area. I feel it could be a little drying with too much use. If so, I will try the ultra hydrating version.
The smell is slightly lemony, but it does fade. I haven't experienced any surrounding skin problems yet, but will update after a few weeks of use.

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I'm on my third bottle. I started using this line after I decided to grow out my hair. (I used JF Brilliant Brunette for 1+ years prior to that.) I love the scent of this shampoo, it doesn't dry my hair, my hair is crazy shiny and healthy and i's pretty cheap. Another plus is that my hubby uses it also so we have less shower clutter. I find that this lathers just fine and cleans well. As of now this is my HG shampoo, but I plan on testing a few more. Regardless, I will keep this on hand. UPDATE: I no longer use this product. I now use Chaz Dean's Wen cleansing conditioner and no other product on my hair since Oct. 2006.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My hairstylist is very adamant about using sulfate-free shampoos when you have dry, color-treated hair. He recommended Alterna's uber-expensive Caviar line to me, but since that would break the wallet, I tried this instead. Personally, I never knew what the big deal is about sulfates, but I decided to try this shampoo to see if sulfate-free products really make that much of a difference. The shampoo has a very strong, Aveda-esque fragrance which I loved. It took tons of product to work through my shoulder-length hair, but surprisingly my hair felt and looked clean afterwards. My scalp itched like crazy afterwards, which I think may be because of the essential oils in this product? The itching stopped after 30 mins or so after my hair was dry. I loved the way my hair looked and felt after using this with the Conditioning Milk conditioner, it was bouncy, weightless and moisturized. I really think this is helping repair my hair!