Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Poop

on 10/30/2005 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

durn good! very moisturizing, quite long lasting, pepperminty tingle is lovely (even though i'm not a peppermint fan), nice shimmery/bit silvery colour w/ miniscule lavender/pink shade to it. i'm a CCC (MAC NC45/CoverFX I40) & this goes on a bit too pasty for me b/c i'm so dark - ie. if wear it alone & use more than 1 layer. Less pasty though than watermelon shade. if they'd get rid of the pastiness factor + add a true berry or true neutral brown or mocha shade, i'd never buy lipstick ever again and just buy this. currently i'd repurchase this to make a warm berry or brown turn cooler in shade for me.

on 10/16/2005 11:12:00 PM

Good as a sidekick to lipstick.

on 8/9/2005 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A nice shimmery highlighter for lips. A bit too cool for me to use all over, but I just use it to highlight and it works fine. A great product, but probably the least used of my Burt's Lip Shimmer collection.

on 7/14/2005 1:35:00 AM

good hint of translucent shimmer with the same great moisture and feel of the lip balm. I wish that they came in the same sized tubes as the lip balm though, I go through this really fast and the thin tube makes application a little more tedious.

on 7/12/2005 4:24:00 PM

This does what it says it will--its a shimmery lipbalm. Before you use it, though, you're gonna want to exfoliate your lips. Any dry skin or imperfections you have are going to be illuminated by this balm--I didn't think anything was wrong with my lips before I used this. It's pale, super shimmery glitter, and if I put it on too thickly then it kind of seeps into any lines in my lips (lines I didn't know I had!) It also looks better when you blot after application--something I don't really want to mess around with in a lip balm.
It smellys just like Doublemint gum (a good thing) and tingles upon application (also good). I think these retail at $3.50 a tube but you can easily find them on sale for under $3, which makes it repurchaseable for me. Good to use when you don't want to mess with lipstick but want a little something extra--if you put it on lightly you shouldn't need a mirror. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Color looks nice, except very shimmery/glittery on lips! Smells like mint, which is nice! Also, quite cheap! It's just too goopy for me. I don't think I'm going to buy it again just because it feels awful on my lips and way too glittery!

on 5/21/2005 10:41:00 AM

I got this in a swap and I really like it. I am using it to lighten up some of my darker lip liners. It is very shimmery and light pink. I like it; I'll probably buy more of the others colors.

on 5/9/2005 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is very shimmery. I really loved the surprise of the minty tingle on my lips.
After having tried it several times I still like it for just that extra little glimmer/shimmer it gives...great for layering...however, my sparkle/glamour girl, 5 year old Niece, had to try this and she loved it...it did look very cute on her...*sigh*, I'm off to go purchase another one for myself.

on 4/30/2005 8:12:00 PM

Another burt's bees product which disappoints. Very smooth application and minty feel, but the red came out darker than on the tube. Worst of all, it made my lips look MORE flaky!!

on 4/28/2005 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff is awesome. the only problem is it opens in your purse. tingles when you put it on with a nice flavor. no color but has shimmer to it