Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Poop

on 11/18/2007 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It looks disgusting on a lot of skin tones. The shimmer gets chunky on your lips after a while, and just looks totally unnatural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

My complexion is fair, very pale, so I thought champagne color would suite me best. It is a pretty color, and does give an illusion of slightly fuller lips. The only negative thing about it is the glitter. If the glitter pieces could be finer/smaller or less of it then this would be the perfect lip gloss.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While the color can get too frosty if overapplied, it does do a good job of enhancing some of my other lip colors and a little bit gives a nice shimmer and plumps up my lips. My favorite is in the shade raisin.

on 7/8/2007 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is a cute pinkish shimmer lip balm. It looks great on some and not so much on others. I love it because darker color lip color isn't so pleasant on me... it would just make my lips look bigger, but this color is perfect for me without having to use any other lip gloss or lip color. I have a light warm complexion, asian, with kind of big lips (lol).

EDIT: ok i have to admit, this was my first attempt at trying to get something neutral for my lips, but this is something that I will not try again. after a while of being in my purse, it melted and will not scroll down and when i try to push the product back down the tube, and cuz it's so soft, it spreads to the edges of the tube. I tried melting it and freezing it to hopefully solve that problem, but the product is so soft that it just won't scroll down anymore. Also cuz it's so soft and glides like melted butter, it's hard to control how much i put on my lips, so when i wear this, i look like a 12 year old.

on 6/29/2007 11:48:00 AM

This came in a nice slim tube (somewhat like the SoftLips tubes) and went on really smooth. Left my lips feeling cool and minty but not as moist as I'd like. The color was pretty, a shimmery pinkish shade but too frosty for my liking. I would probably mix it with a more neutral shade of gloss to tone down the frostiness.

on 6/18/2007 3:37:00 AM

I wanted to try this forever and got it as an extra from a wonderful swapper as an extra. Its a gorgeous shimmery light pink color. I'm a shimmer whore so of course I LOVE it but people who can't handle shimmer/frost definately won't like this one.

Its the perfect size to toss in my wristlet when I head out for the night and super easy to apply throughout the night. At $4 a piece I'm not too worried about being upset if I drop/loss it during the night as well. :)

on 3/26/2007 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bleh. I am a devoted BB fan, and was really excited about their recent launching of new product lines, most of which I adore. But the revamped Lip Shimmers are for for the birds. Too much! Too much frost on this one. Makes me feel like I should have a big bouffant hairstyle and fake eyelashes and some bad 60's get-up. Blech, Burts Bees, blech, I say.

on 3/8/2007 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this product. I use my lipgloss brush to apply it so I don't put too much on. When I put too much on it looks bad but I love it as long as I put the correct amount on. Next time I go to buy it however, I may try a different color.

Ellen Marie

Alone, this is a very frosty light pink color. Not good for people that cannot do super frosty, light colored lips. The texture of the lip shimmers are nice though, moisturizing with that signiture burts bees peppermint tingle. It might look nice over top of something else, but I would not reccomend it to people who want to use this alone.

on 11/7/2006 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is okay, it's much much much too frosted to wear as anything less than a very sheer wash or highlighter. Very pearly/frosty and pretty much just white, thick shimmer. Eh, it has some uses, but I wouldn't wear it alone. It does have a nice tingly sensation!