Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 5/10/2008 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is perfect for an occasional treatment. i use this every 2-3 weeks when my skin looks rough and needs that extra boost of moisture. i would skip my other night time treatments and only apply a thick layer of this overnight. in the morning, supple and glowing skin, makeup goes on like a dream. i wouldn't use this too frequently though because it is very thick and greasy. i have acne-prone skin and no breakouts from this. though i recommend it, i doubt i would actually repurchase this product because this can only be purchased online and it's definitely not a unique product, there're probably more accessible alternatives out there.

on 4/10/2008 6:16:00 PM

You may find this difficult to believe, but I used this to remove my nail polish last night. This tube was only 2 years old. I noticed whenever I used it on my hands it seemed to eat away the top coat and feel very sticky. I couldn't use it on my face because it caused breakouts and an allergic reaction. So, to use it up, I'd occasionally use it on my hands or after shaving my legs. Last night, I had time for only 1 coat of nail polish. I used this about 2 hours later and it actually took it off. It was all sticky and gross. I added more skin recovery hydrating treatment mask, then wiped my nails with a tissue and no polish remained! I don't know what ingredients could cause this to happen. I like more of Paula's products than not, but I couldn't believe something supposibly good for your skin, could remove nail polish. Yuck.

This is my HG hydrating mask. I primarily use it under my eyes - normally once or twice a week, but also every time I'm going out. This makes my undereye area look immaculate - smooth with no apparent fine lines. Very moisturizing and loaded with antioxidants, cell-communicating ingredients and other good stuff for your skin. Big thumbs up Paula! Will be repurchasing until they stop making it.

on 2/16/2008 5:59:00 PM

This mask doesn't really seem to moisturize all that much. I need extra moisture in the winter & this doesn't do it for me.

I prefer Davines or Estee Lauder's moisture masks. Especially Davines--just makes me look so glowy. It is hard to find, though....

on 2/7/2008 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

have been using the past couple days and i see an improvement in my skin. this winter has been kickin' my skin's a**. however, i do feel a slight stingy sensation around my eyes which does not feel good. i would like to use around my eyes considering that area is so delicate but this mask seems to irritate. so i am disappointed about that. i can only think that it may be the vitamin c in the product that is stingy. but will continue to use on the rest of my face with jojoba oil under and around the eyes.
Update 2/8/08
ok used this enough and decided that i do not like it. and am sending it back to paula. didn't do anything for my skin and as i said above just stingy.

on 2/2/2008 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Loaded with silicone, yucky feeling. I didn't see any improvement, still need a lighter than normal application of moisturizer on top after removal of this Tx mask. Personally, I preferred those glycerin based cream mask instead. I am using this as a hand cream,... or squeaky door hinges.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This really moisturizes. When I'm really desperate, and it's winter, and my skin is super-dry, I'll even use this as a daytime moisturizer. Most people probably don't want to do that, though. It works great as a mask when you notice that your skin is drier than normal. Don't get it too near your eyes, though.

on 1/11/2008 4:43:00 PM

This is a wonderful product. Like another reviewer said I leave this on over night and in the morning my skin looks amazing. I use it about twice a week and it has really helped my dry winter skin. I also use it on the backs of my hands before bed. Wonderful product and not to expensive compared to other treatments out there.

A cure-all when winter skin gets dry and flaky. A miracle product when left on overnight -- awaken with smooth, perfect skin. Ahhh!

on 12/21/2007 11:54:00 AM

I love this product. I use it as a moisturizer in winter instead of a mask. It also makes a great eye cream. Very moisturizing, does not leave a greasy feel, just leaves skin feeling soft and moisturized.