Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 2/27/2013 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

How have I not reviewed this? I love this mask. I soothes my skin more than any of her moisturizers. It has great ingredients and no fragrance.
I apply this all over including my eye area and leave it on overnight. I wake up with such soft skin. I think this mask would be good for just about any skin type except oily.

on 2/22/2013 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product broke me out. But it is for very very dry skin. But then I went crazy with AHAs and pro-retinol, which I don't really tolerate much of, this was a God send. I ended up very red and sore and this is the only thing that helped ease the pain. I got a tube, which was a mistake. I have dry skin and its for dry skin but I am senstive to moisturizers. So it's tricky to find ones.

I am trying to use it on body but it's not the best for that. Anyway this be better for someone less breakout pone. I don't know that it's the moist amazing hydration. I lilke the Skin Recovery Moisture cream a lot better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just ordered another one today. I use this as a moisturizer right before I go to bed. It helps control my flakiness caused by my Retin A use. I tried the Skin Recovery Moisturizer, but it smells so bad that I can't stand it. This seems to have no offensive odor for me. I just can't see using anything else when this is full of antioxidants. This clearly does not cause eczema on my eye area. For the price you certainly get more than the normal Skin Recovery Moisturizer. It really feels nice to know that I am applying a great product on my face. HG for me.

This is one of my staples. It does what it is supposed to do: a moisture boost to my skin. I was looking for a simple, straitforward moisturizer that could double up as a mask, also I wanted something with enough slip to make my skin dewy but not greasy. I use a pea size amount everyday, sometimes applying it thicky aroung the eyes, neck and chest,or as an all over mask weekly. It works for me.

on 12/2/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Unfortunately, this product made me to break out. I like reading Paula, I believe in her reviews as what ever I tryed was always good, but her own brand doesn't seem to be good for me in most cases.

on 11/22/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't use this as a mask. I use it in the winter, as a moisturizer. I use to get very dry skin in the winter and this moisturizes very well.

on 11/10/2012 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this when I travel - it's a fantastic moisturizer on the plane. It is not really effective as a mask but as an occasional overnight moisturizer and a spot treatment for dry patches, this product is excellent. The price is very reasonable and I keep a little container of this cream in my purse at all times. Use it on my face, hands, neck - anywhere I want a quick boost of soothing moisture.

on 10/25/2012 2:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Being a skincare junkie, always looking for the next "it" treatment and trying promising "miracle potions" left and right - I sometimes get my complexion in trouble :( My bathroom sink is littered with all kinds of cleansers, scrubs, toners and exfoliating treatments...its a disaster area that i am always trying to organize, downsize and arrange in some kind of order...Resistance is futile and i am messy so its always a work in progress!
So when i go overboard with exfoliation, AHA treatments, acne creams or simply get a mysterious rash (yuck!) this mask is my HERO! No matter how much i mess up Skin Recovery always soothes any redness, flakies or mini-burns. Its gentle, not greasy, fragrance-free and thanks to the gel-like texture it feels great on the skin so much so that i often forget that i have it on my face. Thats no easy feat!
Aside from the soothing properties i have found that this mask works even better when paired with either a clay or deep cleansing mask. The purifying effects derived from the cleansing mask are complimented by the hydration of this one. It seems to restore skin balance after any treatment, soothing, moisturizing and softening the complexion almost instantly.
Did i mention that this is also priced very reasonably and using light layers insures that a tube will last you a long-long time!
I will hoard this always! Just in case they discontinue it or needlesly change the formula :( Paula's Choice i am once again your #1 FAN!

on 10/9/2012 8:23:00 PM

I use this two ways: (1) as a mask while I'm in the bathtub after cleansing my face, so my skin won't lose moisture, and (2) as a moisturizer on the nights when I want to give my skin a break from retinol, exfoliants, and other heavy-duty products. If using as a mask, I just wipe off with a moist washcloth when I get out of the bath, then apply my normal skincare. When my skin just needs a break, this is what I reach for (after the RESIST toner) and it absorbs surprisingly well on my combo skin, considering it's designed as a "mask" product. Also works really well around the eyes and over the decollete area. It's a good deal for the 4 oz. size, considering the cost of other PC moisturizers.

on 7/8/2012 2:33:00 PM

I love this as a night cream but personally I wouldn't use it as a mask.It's really nothing like a mask. It's very hydrating and is a super moisturiser.