Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My HG mask. This mask hydrates and smooths like no other. I've been on Tretinoin for several months, and my skin has continued to peel and be red and irritated. This mask solves those problems. I put it on for 20+ minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water, and magic happens. My dry patches and redness are gone. It really works if you are in a pinch. Even better, my skin stays relatively smooth for several days after I use this.

The price might be a little steep ($21), but the tube will last you a while. Previously, when I needed moisture pronto, I used Asian sheet masks. Those are much pricier for what you get, because they only keep your face hydrated for maybe a day. Their effectiveness isn't as long lasting as this mask.

Caveat: I have generally oily skin with dry and peeling patches from products for my acne. I feel like this mask won't remove /severe/ dry patches, but it definitely softens them. And you always can go in with a thick moisturizer/cream overnight after. I don't know how this product will affect overall dry skin, but considering it is formulated for dry skin, I feel it like it could still work wonders. (If it doesn't work for you, Paula's Choice has a very generous return policy.)

on 12/27/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I like to use this when I'm straight out of the shower and skin is still wet, is deeply moisturizing yet not at all greasy!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've always seen a lot of reviewers talking about this brand while scanning reviews for products on Makupalley but to be honest, I never jumped into the hype. However after receiving a gift card for Paulas Choice website, I figured now was the best time to test how well they worked for me. I have very dry dehydrated skin so I decided this would be a great first test. I've tried plenty of moisturizing masks but my biggest complaint is, most of them dry on the skin & don't leave it feeling very moisturized. I've been using Glam Glows Moisturizing Mask but the price is ridiculous. This however is a mask I will use FOR LIFE. This is very creamy going on & it stays creamy on my skin until I rinse it off. My face felt super moisturized, soft, supple, & even dewy. I've used this a few times in the morning before getting ready & it's left my skin feeling great. The price is not that bad when you compare it to others moisturizing masks out there. After have tried them all, both drug store & high end, this is 100% the best one if you have dry skin.

on 9/19/2015 5:44:00 AM

I have combination skin with really dry and flaky skin under the eyes and I use this every night as an eye cream, all dry dry disappeared!

When my skin is feeling a bit dehydrated I put this on like 30 minutes before I take a shower. When I get out my skin is full of moisture and plump.
It not much like a "mask" but a heavy duty moisturiser without the oils and greasiness.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product!! I've been using this a couple of times per week for the past few weeks and have definitely noticed an improvement on my skin. My skin isn't necessarily overly dry on the surface but it is dehydrated however since using this product as an overnight treatment, my skin is looking more plump and healthy looking with more radiance. My skin has a tendency to look somewhat dull at times but since I've been using this, it has definitely improved. So far I am really impressed with Paula's Choice products and I will be purchasing more as I trust the brand and the products. I highly recommend :)

on 8/8/2015 9:36:00 AM

I received several samples of this mask. I used it only on the areas where I have sebhorreic dermatitis (eyebrows, bridge of my nose). It helps a little bit with the dry patches, which is impressive, because this is a very stubborn condition that most prescriptions don't even do anything for.

on 8/2/2015 10:37:00 AM

This is my HG lip balm! Yes, lip balm. Guys, try this on your lips!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

This product is ah-mazing! It makes my skin feel soft as butter. I was looking for a dupe to Glam Glow Thirsty Mud and came across this. I ordered a couple samples and then ordered the full size later. While it is not quite as good as Glam Glo, it's still a great product and for the price, and I don't feel like I'm settling for less. I use it as my night cream and I don't rinse. It does not aggravate my eczema or cause acne breakouts. Another keeper.

on 4/27/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. I apply this daily, in the evening after cleansing and toning and prior to my nighttime skin care. I find this really helps bump up the hydration of my skin. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

This is a lifesaver for my dry winter skin. Chicago is rough in the winter and as I've started dabbling with retinols, the effect has been much drier skin than normal. I usually have combination skin, by the way, so I'm wary of using products that are targeted to dry skin because it can be too much moisture. This however was perfect- the consistency is a creamy whipped-textured cream that feels soothing. I leave it on for 20 minutes minimum. You don't see it on your face after 20 min or so but as soon as you wash it (pat dry- otherwise you're undoing all your good work), you feel the thickness of the texture. My skin looks much better- bright, a little bit more glowy (or just very clean) but also and most importantly, moisturized and hydrated.

It costs around $21 for 4 fluid oz which is a good price for me. You don't need a lot, half a teaspoon is good enough for me. A great buy.