Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 5/14/2005 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Surprisingly unmoisturising. This could also cause break-outs if you're prone to them, so try a sample first. It breaks me out horribly. Now I'm using it as a handcream but it's less moisturising than Cetaphil cream so fairly pointless all round. I wish she hadn't discontinued the Extra Emollient Moisturiser and brought this in instead, the EEM was streets ahead of this stuff.

on 3/21/2005 3:18:00 PM

This was my life saver during the cold winter months. Used it as a moisturiser on top of the SUperantioxidant and Non Greasy Moisturiser. Also used it on my hands or wherever that needed it. It was moisture the whole day through under harsh conditions and not one pimple came from it! Super! Don't know what are the effects of using this mask as a moisturiser though, but i was reviewing the ingredients between this and the Skin Recovery Moisturiser, and somehow, this came up better. Def. a must have for winter, or on board an airplane, and when the weather gets warmer, a rightful mask :)

on 2/27/2005 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've tried this as a mask and it is hydrating but don't see the point of washing it off. I actually use it as intense moisturizer (which is what it really is,if you read the ingredients) I suppose if you hve normal skin you might want to rinse it, but for dry skin that frequently chaps in the winter, this is a very good gentle,non- stinging moisturizer.

on 10/11/2004 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

EDIT: It irriates my eczema and burns my skin. Will not repurchase.

This is just OK IMO. It hydrates while it's on my face, but when I rinsed if off the effect was gone, and my skin was not any more hydrated the next morning. Not a necessity to me and kind of a waste. If I want moisture I'll just use moisturizer on my face.

on 7/15/2004 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

10/22/07 Update: I just used this again in my recovery from a bad reaction to a sunscreen--my face was flakey, itchy, irritated. Smoothed this on, let it sit for 25 minutes or so, removed with a warm cloth and my face looked so much better, felt plumped and was considerably less itchy. Not a miracle but does deliver improvements for me.

I've only used this twice but I can't deny the wonderful things it does for my N/D skin. It freshens, rejuvenates and most importantly hydrates so that my skin looks and feels wonderful. And the next day my foundation and AM treatments glide on. Also seems to calm my rosacea. I was a little mad at myself for buying this cause it was such an impulse buy but now I'm congratulating myself. I evidently needed this mask bad! Paula may fall short in the MU dept for me but her skincare prod are spot on for my skin in all its many cycles. 2 thumbs up for this mask!