Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume its very simple and elegant and lasts for ages on skin. I think its a perfect wedding perfume as well its sophisticated and clean and not at all fruity which is different and appealing. Would recommend.

My mum loves it too:)

on 8/15/2009 9:49:00 PM

Love Gardenia. Unfortunately the gardenia note didn't last on me and turned very quickly to a sicky-chemical smell. Bummer. I have remarkably tricky skin chemistry though and most scents go to hell on me quickly.

on 6/23/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume..the smell of Gardenia....This is a light and fresh scent, however I don't think this lasts me the entire day..but still I am a big fan of the gentle smell.

on 6/4/2009 5:43:00 PM

One of my favourite flowers is gardenia. I get irritated with a lot of fragrances that pretend to be gardenia and then there are lots of different notes and accords that take away from the beauty of the gardenia scent. I know gardenia is hell to extract and that it is a stingy flower re. its scent so perfumers have to get around that.
Marc Jacobs albeit a watery gardenia , IS gardenia.
I like it and it does last for a scent so soft in presenatation. The price point is good too. It's not the best but it will suffice for that gardenia ,white floral kick without being a huge opaque fragrance.

on 5/17/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is impossible for our reviews to help someone decide whether or not to buy this perfume, as everone's sense of smell and skin chemistry is different. But for me, this is a pretty scent for sunny weather. It's a young, fresh, gardenia. I should add, that when I wear this I spray it once into the air and step into it, creating a subtle pretty scent. Gardenia fragrances tend to be sweet, so go light on this and you may like it.

on 5/17/2009 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this as a perfume to go size at Sephora. I felt like a lot of people have mentioned before, that it was a bit too strong, and too sweet. But..the scent has really grown on me, and i really love it now!One spritz lasts all day,I like to spritz it on my hair. It really is a lovely gardenia scent, it feels fresh and very feminine, pure and clean. It is expensive to buy the full sized bottles, but there are the smalle travel bottles which are more affordable, and they last me a long time. Try it out first, as it's a different experience for every person. A little goes a long way.

on 5/12/2009 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a terrible time finding fragrances that (1) don't turn weird on my skin, and (2) don't give me a headache. Marc Jacobs Daisy is one of the few fragrances that meets this criteria, so I thought I'd try his original fragrance. Although it is better than the vast majority of fragrances for me, unfortunately, it does give me a bit of a headache, and while it doesn't turn weird on my skin, it does have just a bit of sharpness that I find unpleasant. I will stick with Daisy instead.

Fragrance Notes: Gardenia, Wild Muguet, Musk, Cedar, Ginger. continued >>

on 5/3/2009 7:57:00 PM

I'm in the movie theater and wondering who stinks.
Uh, oh, it was me.

on 4/12/2009 4:13:00 PM

This is a very pretty white floral. I bought it because it was as close as I could get to the fabulous old discontinued La Prairie parfum (before those goofy Raindrop perfumes) Marc Jacobs comes close to the same lush creamy floral quality that La Prairie had ( I was heartbroken when they discontinued it, the bottle was gorgeous too, a crystal jewel. Shame on la Prairie for quitting it.) Anyway, hooray for Marc Jacobs. It is a very dressy, fashion statement type of fragrance.
I have smelled it on a young woman at OutBack restaurant while I waited at the takeout counter. She was wearing sneakers with jeans and a sweater. Talk about psychic dissonance of the nose! (what's the fifty-dollar word I'm looking for?) I understand the idea of dressing up one's attire with perfume, but this combination actually made the casual clothing look shabbier.
This fragrance is for a tailored suit, a formal gown, a wedding gown, even a cashmere sweater with a leather jacket. But please!!! Save the jeans and sneakers for an appropriate less formal fragrance -- Aqua di Gio, CK 1, the citrusy Cliniques, or one of the multitude of Incanto flankers, Ralph or Miracle (which I adore) or Sung (also a white floral but the green freshness makes it less formal) for schlepping around, OK? Nothing against the informals, I know they are great for dressing up too. End of rant ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Only gardenia scent I can stomach; so many are cloying, sweet, heavy, musty, even rotten and raunchy. This is the perfect fresh, watery, light gardenia that is still lush and womanly. It always smells fresh, feminine, and appropriate-- a great everyday scent. Guys like it because it's clean, uncomplicated, and pretty. I don't wear it every day because I'm a fragrance junkie and get bored with just one :^)

I have the EDP and a mini pure parfum-- and even in those strengths, the scent does need to be refreshed midday. That's OK; I have a travel bottle in my purse. I get this on eBay and score some real deals-- try that and avoid the ridunkulous prices at Sephora.