wet n wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the taupe color for my eyebrows. I'm a natural auburn/red color, but I got blonde highlights and I look more like a strawberry blonde-brown color. This Taupe color is perfect for anyone dirty blonde to light brown. This color isn't red tinted like most eyebrow color which is nice and the only gripe I have is that it's not super long lasting. Sometimes if my eyebrows get itchy it can smear a little but it's not that noticeable. Other than that, definitely a solid find for only $0.99!!

on 5/30/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

a staple!!

I have used this for my eyebrows when I was blonde, when I dyed it red and also on many clients who have anywhere from platinum to light brown hair.. it is a perfect taupe and at a bargain basement price.

I also use this pencil to line lips -- and YEA it is a perfect skin color too -- it reminds me of long gone Stone (MAC) but a bit lighter.. it is perfect!

I use the shade taupe for my brows, I have dark blonde hair with a natural reddish tinge. It's such a natural looking color, and it doesn't make my eyebrows look ashy.

I like that there is wax already in this, so I don't have to worry about setting it with a wax or brow gel.

It is a little dark, so I have to be careful and only do light strokes, and blend it in with a mascara spoolie.

Another thing I love about this product is, it's so big! The pencil is really long and will last forever, I've been using it everyday for at least 4 months, and I'm still not finished with it. And for only a dollar, you can't beat it!

Great product, extremely affordable, convienent to use! :)

on 3/26/2010 1:26:00 AM

I love this for my brows, tried other higher end products but nothing does the trick like this brow liner. The perfect color for my hair color, gives my face a softer feeling because of the lighter taupe/brown color

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this brow/liner pencil in the shade 'taupe' for quite some time now. It's a universal brow color, imo. I've seen the shade work for blondes to dark haired gals like me. I love it!

I love the consistency. It's waxy enough to hold my crazy unruly brow hairs down and has just enough pigment to fill my brows in. After using the pencil, I then go over my brows with a brow comb otherwise they'd look far too harsh.

In natural light, taupe looks fine, but with flash photography, it gives off a kind of gray cast that almost makes it seem like you have no brows at all! This is why I either go over my brows with a darker brow powder after using the pencil.

The only cons I have with this product is since it is so soft, I have to sharpen it every time I use it. Also, the shade taupe is more of a filler than detail. By detail I mean, you can't use it to draw 'hairs'. I bought a separate brow pencil also by Wet 'n' Wild, but in dark brown specifically for the purpose of detail work for times when I get a little tweezer happy with my brows.

All in all, GREAT product for the price! You can't beat that price! It's amazing how much of a difference a set of groomed brows make for your face and this pencil really gives me that effect. Recommended and will repurchase!

on 11/29/2009 12:07:00 PM

I love this liner. I'm probably the only one who uses this for my eyes too.. but it's amazing for a brow liner. I have thick brows but it ends a little short so i fill them in with this liner. I own the black one, so it sometimes makes my brows look "heavy" if i don't draw it in nicely. However it stays all day, ( 6 hours least) since i do light the end of it with a lighter. This makes it smoother and the colour pay off is waaay better.

Pros:
- Versatile
- Amazing colour pay-off
- Good price

Cons:
- Smudges throughout day

Really good brow pencil, but I have to go over it with a brow brush many, many times for it to look natural.

on 9/21/2009 8:52:00 PM

I've been using one of these pencils on my brows for years. I love them!

on 7/25/2009 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Mink Brown is the perfect color for my brows..
I've got thin dark brown/black brows and fine brown hair..
I've tried the maybelline and covergirl brow twin packs and I like their packaging and water resistant claims but none of the colors match..
Most dark brown pencils are too reddish, black is too dark and off-tone.
I don't settle for "blonde" or taupe colors anymore either because I can tell the difference when I try to fill in the top of my brow line with a blonde or taupe color.
Wet n wild Mink brown is the perfect natural brown color, whereas many dark brown pencils might be "warm" brown.. It's nice to use warm browns for filling in brows and adding warmth but if I want to add length and thickness I would choose Mink Brown for someone like me.
The only reason I give this 4 stars instead of 5 is that I want it to be formulated and sold as a water resistant brown pencil! I love it.. It lasts long and I've never had a problem with it coming off but for some reason I just want that extra added security.. just so I know that there's no better brow pencil out there..

on 5/22/2009 3:30:00 PM

I have sparse brows and need something to make them more visible. For reference, I'm pale (NC15), warm-toned, brown eyes and light brown hair. Most brow products look unnaturally red on me. I've been using anastasia's pencil, but the color was just slightly too harsh unless I brush it out to where it's almost gone.
In comes my new 99 cent HG! The taupe is perfect! There are no red undertones, the color blends in just right. The consistency is a bit waxy, it occasionally pulls out a few hairs and looks horrible until brushed through with a spoolie (because it applies heavily), but the waxiness helps keep all the hairs in place all day. Makes my brows look more polished than a pencil 20x more expensive!