Lancôme Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

No Image

4.2

on 6/19/2004 7:47:00 PM

Wow! A Juicy Tube with great pigment! This is a very complex color, and the other reviewers have done a great job of describing it. It does have a slight tingle when applied, although it isn't as intense as some other glosses out there. It is the perfect summer gloss!

on 6/17/2004 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this without so much as trying it on, and the first time I applied it, I thought I would regret it. It really is a coral/hot pink, and though I usually can wear pinks with no problem, it was almost too bright. But I tried applying it after a coat of lip balm, and found the color to be just a bit more subtle and flattering.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Kind of like the Juicy Tubes Pop version of Bolole; it's a bright orangey red with a fuchsia undertone and gold shimmer. Very pigmented and does indeed leave a slight stain behind (which I love, as my natural lips have zero pigment). Smells like bubble gum, and has a slight minty tingle which is fun but not bothersome.

on 6/14/2004 12:17:00 AM

This is one of the best Juicy Tubes out there. Excellent pigmentation and lasting power, actually imparting a bit of a stain to the lips. This tends to go fuschia on me, but with the gold shimmer I actually dig it. The bubble gum smell is pretty awful but fades quickly. This one is limited edition, so I may have to buy 2.

on 6/13/2004 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is probably one of the most pigmented juicy tubes that I've tried. It shows up a hot coral pink with orangey/gold shimmer on my lips. I always have to put a tiny dab of clear gloss on under this one b/c for some reason it doesn't go on evenly otherwise..maybe just b/c my lips are chapped? Oh well, it's still an awesome summer color, but I know I won't wear this one much in the fall or winter.

This color is very bold, a hot pink base with golden orangey iridescense. This is very pigmented, so anyone who hates JTs because of the sheerness might want to check out this one. Lovely summery color, and love the bubblegum scent.

on 6/1/2004 8:46:00 AM

ENERGIZING MELON in LANCOME's JUICY TUBES POP line is an interesting product. The color base of the gloss is florescent fuchsia with bright orange shimmer, which combined make it appear bright coral.

On the lips the effect is definitely a flaming light gold orange coral. Looks great with a tan and sensational with carrot red hair. With the right makeup, the effect is fantastic. However, not for those days when you feel insecure and do not want to be noticed.....

The problem with the new JUICY TUBES POP is that they are a bit stickier than traditional JT. The flavor/scent is a strong chewing gum flavor, which I find slightly annoying. They also add artificial sweetener, which I also find irritating - I do not like sweetened lip products.

The application of ENERGIZING MELON is easy, but be warned that they have put something in this which give you a "bengay" for the lips feeling. Some days I do not mind, other days I find it annoying.

I do love the fact that this gloss is highly pigmented and that the color lasts a long time. That is why I even bother wearing it. I do not have time for most lip glosses that look like I have applied VASELINE.

I would purchase again because the positives far outweigh the negatives. The color is really great and hard to find. Lots of dimension to this color.
continued >>

I find the Juicy tubes pop to be a bit stickier and not quite as shiney as the regular JT's-more like the L'Oreal colour juice..though these have a better pigment and taste then both the JT's and colour juice.
Energizing melon tastes like strawberry soda to me. It really is a gorgeous shade in the tube, a bright coral pink with golden shimmer...but this color is not for people who don't like color..because it applies much like it looks but a bit brighter on the lips.
Upon application, you do feel the coolness and it does tingle a bit, nothing like lip venom though. I can't decide if this color really works for me or not, so I'm debating on swapping it...but I will try more of these, because I do like the product.

on 5/28/2004 11:36:00 AM

I was really excited to try Juicy Tubes Pop, and since JTs are usually so sheer, I thought it would be safe to try energizing melon, which looks bright coral in the tube. I like the fragrance and minty tingle very much, although the mintyness doesn't last long. However - I probably won't repurchase this color because it is quite pigmented, and I don't have much use for bright coral lips. I will repurchase the JT pops though, to try other colors. If you usually dislike the sheerness of JTs, then this may be the color for you.