Lancome Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

No Image

4.2

on 4/24/2007 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this gloss! And I am not usually a fan of most glosses, as they tend to just look neither here nor there on me. This one is more pigmented than most and has a bit more substance to it, while still feeling really good on. It is a gorgeous fuschia/coral blend, but can go on quite sheer depending on how heavy handed you might be! I admit that I don't wear on its on as a simple gloss, but wear it over my favorite nude/pink matte lipsticks and it tursn all of them into amazingly gorgeous creamy pinky luscious colors. Love this!

This was an extremely extremely pigmented juicy tube. Color was coral in the tube, but when thinned out, a bright reddish hot pink. I liked the fruity scent and taste of this gloss. Like other juicy tubes, this is tacky though, and tends to migrate to my teeth if I don't use my clear lipliner. This gave more pigment than gloss (I didn't get that glossy lips look). Lasting power was average. Overall, I still prefer my Victoria's Secret Mirror Mirror, which isn't tacky, ands lasts way longer, and is pigmented!

on 3/13/2006 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think I prefer the texture of Lancome's regular Juicy Tubes as opposed to the Pop ones, but this is a great color - bright cool pink with gold shimmer. It's not frosty either which makes it more wearable than it looks in the tube. I didn't find this to be as shiny or moist as the regular Juicy Tubes which is why I took off a lipstick, but this is a pretty color and has very good staying power.

on 3/3/2006 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

taste good, feels good, and looks good. This was one of my favorite spring and summer glosses last year and I intend to wear again this spring and summer. not so much a melon shade as it is a warm coral. looks brighter in the tube than what it does applied. I love the taste. tastes like candy. the cooling sensation almost reminds me of Carmex, but better, and it smells great too.

on 12/17/2005 10:48:00 PM

I'm a lip gloss addict, so of course, I had to try this... the color looks a bright in the tube, but it actually looks really nice! I love the scent and taste, and even better, I bought several of these at a discount department store (they sell tons of overstock items). At the price I paid, I would definitely keep on using this. =)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

On a person of the right coloring, this would likely rate a five. On me, it really doesn't but I don't want to penalize it too much. I was trying to match a Laura Mercier lip gloss I had and the Lancome MUA somehow convinced me this gloss was a good match. That's what I get for being gullible. I bought it, and though I think this is a great gloss it is for someone with darker coloring. Someone with dark hair, luscious caramel skin. This is a bright, warm pinky melon. The shine is vinyl/ glass, the smell and taste are actually good, and the staying power is also good. This particular juicy tube goes on more evenly than the other ones I have. This is just a little too bright on me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this JT! It's a very pretty color, that gives a nice pop of melon/pink to your lips. When I first used it, I thought it would be similar to the fuchsia JT Pop I already have (they do look a bit similar in the tube), but I found Energizing Melon to be warmer and more subtle. It's nice for a natural look, with simple eye makeup. It really brightens up my smile, so I would definitely buy it again. I'm so glad it's not LE!

on 3/26/2005 12:48:00 PM

Energizing Melon is very similar to Cool Fuchsia in the Pop range, yet almost neutral-toned coral rather than bright pink, so it will probably flatter more skintones. As other reviewers have mentioned, it has hints of peach/gold iridescence... very unique, fairly bright and an especially nice shade for spring/summer. My only gripe about the JT Pop range is their overpowering bubblegum scent, which is a novelty at first but becomes sickly sweet over time.

In the tube, this looks orangy/bronze/fuschia, like you'd expect it to according to its name. On the lips, this turns a fuschia/hot pink which is actually not as scary as it sounds. Upon closer inspection, there's also golden shimmers which makes it really gorgeous. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because I don't wear bold colors too much, but if I did, I definitely would repurchase it. The cooling effect is nice - not as strong as UD lipglosses, but you know it's there. This also has a pleasant bubblegum scent to it.

Orangish Red color with copper/orange swirl of shimmer (not glitter, shimmer). it's a very nice pigmented orangish red lip gloss perfect for the summer with bronzed skin. Stay away from it if you like sheer lipgloss.